Anyone planning a December home birth?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 13th, 2012, 02:50 PM
Regular
I would love to have a home birth. As long as my midwife can administer antibiotics at home if I am GBS+ then it will be the plan! I am working on my nerves in it all, trying to find some good reading material. I want this so bad, I just had a very traumatic hospital birth with my son. I had planned to go natural but they induced me because I was GBS+ and my water broke. Then, I ended up with an epidural. The pain was too much for me to handle and I think it's from being induced(which I never want to have done again).

I have heard so many great things about the home birth experience. I want it so bad for this baby.

Anyone else?
April 13th, 2012, 03:02 PM
mummy2jade's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mummy2jade
I am planning on another home birth this time. My last never went to plan but im hoping this time it will xx
April 13th, 2012, 03:05 PM
Regular
Is there any reading you'd recommend to prepare myself?
April 13th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Blcooper32's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Not for me to risky with a multiple pregnancy but I had my dd all natural in the hospital...
April 13th, 2012, 03:41 PM
PennyLynn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by nichole0912 View Post
Is there any reading you'd recommend to prepare myself?
If you're looking for natural childbirth reading I would definitely recommend Ina May Gaskin's guide to childbirth. I read it during my last pregnancy and it was very inspiring. There was a lot of stories of womens own experience of natural childbirth so you can understand what to expect in all kinds of different sitautions and also how different everyone's birth can be.

My husband and I may have to move soon before the baby is born. With my daughter we were in a birth center which is ideal, but if we have to move somewhere where there is no birth center than I would rather give birth at home than at a hospital for sure...ANYTHING but a hospital. But I would prefer a birth center because we have dogs that I feel would somehow be bothersome lol

April 13th, 2012, 04:32 PM
Amari's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had a natural waterbirth with my first at the hospital, second I labored in the tub but delivered outside of the tub also in the hospital. I would love to deliver in the tub again, but I will be at the hospital. I agree, Ina May is great!

April 14th, 2012, 08:18 AM
*Leah*'s Avatar TTC the newfashioned way
Not for me. I will probably have another C/S.
TTC#1 since 10/2006, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF successful BFP!! Baby Girl 2/2011
TTC#2 BFP 9/2011, Natural Pregnancy! 3/30/12 M/C'd on 5/15/12 (9 weeks)
IVF#2 BFP 4/2013 M/C 6/2/13 (8 weeks)
FET #1 BFP 8/2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?
Check out my NEWBORN Hats and Baby Items
@ http://www.facebook.com/ThePaisleyPerle

April 14th, 2012, 08:24 AM
dickersons09's Avatar Expecting #2
Not for me either! I'm requesting a c/s after my first c/s with DS went awesome!
April 14th, 2012, 09:43 AM
lilemma86's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are plannig a birth center. I would love to be home but since this is our first the dh is excited about the center!

April 14th, 2012, 09:53 AM
Lou_Lou1979's Avatar Expecting our first!
I am thinking about hiring a birthing pool at home.
My DH strongly disagrees! He is too worried in case something went wrong. But we do live only 4 miles from the hospital....
If something went wrong i would always feel guilty.
I would also be a little concerned that DH wouldnt be as supportive because it would be easy for him to wander around the house and dissapear to wash the pots when the going gets tough!!!!
April 14th, 2012, 12:44 PM
mummy2jade's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mummy2jade
i done all my reading online to prepare myself for a home birth x

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search