My "Special" Symptom

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 15th, 2012, 04:47 AM
rlh27's Avatar Caleb's Mommy!
So yesterday I passed out. I'm not entirely sure why, other than I probably hadn't drank enough since I was in the car or listening to a speaker most of the day. I was very tired when I got home from our getaway so I took a nap (after eating some dinner). When I woke up, my stomach was killing me. I felt like I was either going to throw up or have diarrhea. I ran to the bathroom and nothing happened, so I went to the kitchen to get a Preggie Pop hoping that would help, and that's when it happened. Fortunately, DH was there to catch me and slowly lower me to the ground. Before I got pregnant my blood pressure was always on the lower end, so I wonder if it's just magnified now that I'm pregnant. I've read and my nurse mom says it's pretty normal.

Any of you experiencing dizziness or fainting? Any tips to keep it from happening again?
April 15th, 2012, 05:35 AM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to EricaMae
I did with my 1st pregnancy. I wasn't drinking the water I should have been drinking instead of feeding the craving for DR Pepper lol.

April 15th, 2012, 07:17 AM
PennyLynn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh noes! I have never had that but it sounds scary

April 15th, 2012, 08:11 AM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been having dizzy spells this pregnancy and I think I remember having them with my son's pregnancy too. They are not fun! I've never passed out though, sounds scary!

April 15th, 2012, 08:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Lurking but very familiar with this. I have low sugar, hypothyroid and low blood pressure. For me, I have to eat something at least every 2 hours and drink water non-stop throughout the day. I find if I eat more protein, I have less issues during the day. I also find if I drink anything with caffeine, I have to double up on the water. Coffee is the worst for this even decaf can cause it.

However if it continues, I would talk to your OB. Thyroid issues can also cause it and most don't realize it. I know I never did neither did my first OB.

April 15th, 2012, 08:31 AM
Blcooper32's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had that problem with dd when I would be stressed or hadn't eaten anything...be careful and stay hydrated is about the only thing I could do to help it but for sure keep your ob updated
April 15th, 2012, 08:37 AM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ive had this in the early morning hours, getting out of bed to quickly. I got all hot, sweaty, nausious, and have to lie down until it pass's. Usually juice will bring me around, preggy pops may not be helpful as it takes to long to get the sugar in you. Try juice next time.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

April 15th, 2012, 11:37 AM
The Jenn's Avatar Waiting for Baby #2!!
Yes, I've been having dizzy spells in the car when i'm driving. Super scary. We were on spring break vacation two weeks ago, and I almost passed out while driving through rush our traffic on the interstate. Now I get anxiety every time I'm driving and little dizzy spells. I'm ready for it to pass because it is super scary.

*New Siggy Coming Soon!*

Jenn, mommy to Emma and Ruby.

April 15th, 2012, 03:46 PM
Megan30's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I passed out with my first pregnancy...doctor said it was fairly common. I've had a few dizzy spells with this one but no actual passing out. I agree with staying hydrated. Good luck!
April 15th, 2012, 07:35 PM
LiamsMother's Avatar Amanda (Amahnda)
Hi. I'm peeking in from the November DDC. With my first pregnancy, I had the exact same thing. My blood pressure has always been low- around 100 systolic. It would drop into the 70's when I was pregnant with DS. My doctor just told me to stay off my feet as much as possible, since it was triggered when I stood for a decent period of time. This symptom sucks! I always feared I'd fall and injure my baby. But thankfully, that never happened. Hydration definitely helps but being off my feet was what kept it to a minimum. Good luck with all your pregnancies, ladies.

April 16th, 2012, 05:00 AM
rlh27's Avatar Caleb's Mommy!
Thanks for all the advice and encouragement I felt better yesterday, but took it easy. Going back to work today I'm a little nervous, but I'll just sit as much as possible. I've been drinking as much water and Gatorade that I can, so hopefully that'll help too.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search