Late Ovulation ?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 16th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Hi, I am new to the board. I have a few questions and wanted to ask because I am driving my self absolutely crazy!

According to my LMP, which is Feb. 20, I should be 8 weeks.....BUT, I ovulate late in my cycle. Usually 19-22. I have used the Clearblue Fertility monitor on all of my children..but this month it did not detect ovulation. I think my urine must have been too diluted for the monitor. After I had BFP, I new that obviously I had ovulated....ugghh so frustrating.

I started testing on March 20th with very faint positive and did a progression all the way until test line was darker than control line.

Fast forward, I had my OB appt. on April 12th. Due to 2 past miscarriages(1 at 17 weeks and one at 12 weeks) and being diagnosed with clotting disorder, they let me come in a few days early. The vaginal ultrasound showed baby measuring at 6w and 1 day. Heartbeat was 118. I new the dates would be off from my LMP due to late ovulation. I am super worried that baby is measuring too small.

OB didn't seem worried but I am just beside myself.

Does anybody know if this sounds right? Any similar experiences?

Also to add to my worries, I am not having any symptoms...my BBs might be a little tender, but not like my previous pregnancies. I am constipated(sorry TMI) No nausea...nothing.

Forgot to add that OB said due date was December 4th.
April 16th, 2012, 09:21 AM
kateb10's Avatar Expecting #2!!!
I am not an expert on any of this, but it sounds like maybe you did ovulate late in your cycle. I know it's disconcerting to think your baby is measuring too small but if you don't know your ovulation date, I would just try (HA! I know this is so hard) to relax!!

It's awesome that you saw baby and heartbeat! I, too, saw baby with heartbeat at 6weeks1 day and I have had very little symptoms except for sore breasts and not being very hungry/ a little tired. I am hoping all is well in there and it sounds like a good Dr. report!!!

Also, after doing some math, I think if you ovulated on Cycle Day 23 ish you would be right on to be due December 4th

Kate

Wife to Stu, Mommy to English Jane (15 months), remembering sweet babe lost Feb. 24 at 8 weeks

Last edited by kateb10; April 16th, 2012 at 09:23 AM.
April 16th, 2012, 09:43 AM
Blcooper32's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had the same problem I was 8weeks by lmp but my babies both measured 6w1d and the only symptom I have been having is nausea and sleepy...as long as the baby had a heart beat then he or she is growing try not to stress and relax...
April 16th, 2012, 12:06 PM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
Always go off of gestational age & size by US instead of relying on LMP. It is too easy to have dates messed up by going off LMP for the exact reason you O'd late.

This cycle I dont think I O until CD 36 so my dates would be almost 3 weeks off if we went off my LMP.

Thank you *JMC1988* for the perfect siggy

My Ovulation Chart
April 16th, 2012, 12:07 PM
Thanks...I know this is crazy, but I was looking on my phone calendar yesterday and I noticed that I put a note that I ovulated on March 12th. For the life of me, I can't remember doing that. I wonder if I was having what I thought was mild ovulation pains, so I stuck that bit of info in my calendar so that I wouldn't forget. Normally, I have strong ovulation pains and there is no doubt when I am ovulating according to CM....but this month was just different all around. Anyways, now I am wondering if I did O on the 12th.
April 16th, 2012, 01:51 PM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry for all the worry. I know how hard it is to be pregnant after miscarriages (I've BTDT) but if you ovulated on March 12th, everything seems to be going great! I ovulated March 12th and my due date is Dec 3rd according to the due date calculators so right where you are.

April 16th, 2012, 06:56 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I ovulated 3/15 and on the 4/14, my baby measured 6w1d with a h/b of 114. (due 12/6) Sounds like your spot on!

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search