Log In Sign Up


Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 25th, 2012, 07:48 PM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 1,851
Oh man Ami, I would be having the same feelings as you, particularly if I didn't have a great u/s experience in general! I don't know about the other girls, but my first thought was that I would be happy to PayPal over $5 or so for you to get the u/s you deserve. Especially since you are faced with going to the same machine, same doctor next time. That's money well spent, in my opinion.

Reply With Quote
April 25th, 2012, 08:10 PM
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 173
I'm so sorry Ami. That sounds like a dissapointing appointment all around. I too think that it is strange the regular doctor did it, especially on an out of date piece of equipment. I so wish you had received the news you were hoping for. (((Hugs)))
Reply With Quote
April 25th, 2012, 11:06 PM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The UK
Posts: 1,142
i'm sorry yo didn't get the gender news you were hoping for, but there's still hope

as far as measurements, at every single ultrasound i've had (with all four kids) i've been told the babies measure behind. every time i had an average (6-7lbs) baby

i hope next month's ultrasound brings you better news!

My beautiful siggy was made by *bokkechick*

Reply With Quote
April 26th, 2012, 04:37 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: the mountain state
Posts: 11,860
so after talking to DH last night, he seems to think we shouldn't trust the docs guess. He did truly say it was a guess. And he did look for about 5 minutes trying to figure it out, and I think if hadn't pushed for a guess he wouldn't have given me one.

I don't feel it is a boy, but I don't really feel like it is a girl either.

So I'm going to try an not dwell on the what-ifs and try to accept another boy. But after Nate threw his milk all over the kitchen, made a huge mess in the bathroom with the toothpaste and he and his brother started singing a song about "pooh-butts", I need to really try and get excited about more of that.

I feel like I wasted my time. I swayed for a girl for over a year. What was the point and making myself miserable for so long with no payoff.

I know I *should* be happy to be having my rainbow baby, and I am. I just really wanted a girl.

Mike has made it abundantly clear that I need to implement permanent birth control once this one is born, or we will just be roommates. I'm not sure I would want to try again anyway, I'm too old for this.

I guess my point is nothing is set in stone till baby is here. I got a little off track...

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 (9wks) & 3/1/14 (9wks)
Chemical Pregnancy 5/31/15
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

Reply With Quote
April 26th, 2012, 05:26 AM
GeekLover11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Greater Philadelphia Area
Posts: 1,163
I wouldn't be betting on what the doctor told me with how old school everything seemed. I am still going to keep my fingers crossed that you get your little girl. But I know if it turns out to be a boy, you are going to be wonderful Keep your chin up!

Reply With Quote
April 26th, 2012, 07:07 AM
bettyearl's Avatar Beth, mom to 4 boys
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,919
Another mom of 3 boys here and I feel like I went through a similar thing as well. At 17 w had an unexpected ultrasound and the doctor (all my doctors have done their own ultrasounds here, not a tech at a hospital...) said 70% chance of boy.

When we went in for the "big" ultrasound he looked at his chart and said, "so we know this is a boy in there." and my heart dropped all over again. I was like, HEY you told me 70% chance! I was still hanging onto that 30%.

I know it's hard right now. Just try not to worry about it. If it is a boy, you will LOVE that boy, no matter how badly you want a girl.
happy about life in general
Reply With Quote
April 26th, 2012, 07:23 AM
Starstrydergrrl's Avatar Super Mommy
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 744

Reply With Quote
April 26th, 2012, 08:30 AM
Moldovandish's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 4,602
Lots of hugs, Ami! I'm glad the baby is doing well. We're here for you whenever you need to vent!

Baby Caleb - born on Sept. 15, 11.31 pm, 8 lb. 15 oz.
Reply With Quote
April 26th, 2012, 09:13 AM
Sprinkle 2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,303
So sorry that your ultrasound experience was less than ideal. All the other moms seem to have summed everything up. You are a GREAT mom and you know you will love that little boy (if that is what the baby is) when he gets here. But for now, take the time to grieve the loss of your girl and don't beat yourself up and feel guilty about your feelings. I'd say its all completely normal.

Reply With Quote
April 26th, 2012, 09:50 AM
OatmealKisses's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,566
I had the placenta in the front the whole pregnancy with my son. I already know it is not in the front this time. I started feeling all kinds of stuff I never felt before with my son WAY early on.

At 8 month pregnant they told me my son was in the 3 percentile (they didn't tell me if that was for height, weight, or overall). He's in the 1 percentile for height and 64 percentile for weight. So short and chubby. My side of the family is VERY short.

Angel Baby gone at 9 weeks, 7/8/13
Reply With Quote
April 26th, 2012, 11:47 AM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 4,663
Sorry your u/s didn't go so great, Ami. I have been in your shoes before, so I get it. It has nothing to do with not being grateful for your rainbown baby. Glad to hear baby looked healthy and I would also try not to get too worked up over the growth issue unless it's a problem down the road...easier said than done, I know.
Boys are really cool. I know yours are fairly young right now but I wanted to add that my two oldest boys are teen agers now and I'm LOVING that stage. It's so much fun being the mom of a football player.

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0