Circ decision made- not a debate!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree14Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 27th, 2012, 08:33 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaBee View Post
I'm hoping to get some of those decision making vibes over this way We're still torn. I'm still gathering medical documents and journals (not just personal experiences) and trying to educate my DH on the pros-cons. I will have to admit it is a topic I have been trying to avoid

I really didn't want to have to make this decision either. One of the things that tipped the scale for me was realizing that since both parents are not 100% sure, it can always be done later, but it can't be undone. I hope that our son will be happy with the decision we've made, but if that time comes when he's not, it can be his choice.
April 27th, 2012, 09:47 AM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad you were able to come to a decision together!

April 27th, 2012, 09:58 AM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so glad you and your DH were able to come to a decision together! That is great that he took the time to read the articles you found and gave it some serious thought!! I'm sure it is a big relief having one less decision to make!

April 27th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Veteran
That is great! Our second son is not circumcised and I am very happy about that decision. SO glad it went so well with DH!

How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers. ~ Blessed Mother Teresa
April 27th, 2012, 03:53 PM
Super Mommy
I'm glad you both came together and took it seriously. On another note, as a teenager myself, the feelings that Lovestherain mentioned are very real and personally I would avoid them at all costs because I know how self-esteem can be lowered by something like this. Especially in this generation, especially with how hurtful people can be.

Based on that, I will be circumcising my Elliott. It fits my lifestyle as his daddy is also circ. No judgement from me ladies, just putting in my two cents. <3

April 28th, 2012, 12:02 AM
Veteran
I do not want to circ our son. DH is intact and never had any issues nor was he ever made fun of at school. With all the anti circ information out I keep running into men who are pissed at their parents for having it done and some want to go as far as to sue them :O (And some have sued their doctors though I have no idea how they won those cases. Maybe they were botched?)

I do know one person who chose to have it done as an adult for his wife. He said that it wasn't to painful and that he was able to go back to work the next day. He does however complain that sensation wasn't as great as it was before and that jerking off isn't as fun.

My mom thinks that I'm weird and gross for not wanting it done.

For anyone that is not circumcising make sure that your doctor knows not to forcibly retract. NoCirc.com has some great articles on intact care as well as pamplets to give to doctors who aren't as educated on intact care. (It's scary how many in America don't know how to care for one!)
April 28th, 2012, 03:26 AM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations for making a decision so early Circumcision is not a common practice here in the UK, so when I had my first son here I never even considered it. None of the men in my family were done and they've never had problems. My dh is American and had been done, but he didn't really mind either way and left the decision to me.

My beautiful siggy was made by *bokkechick*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search