Maternity jeans

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By smashley8
  • 2 Post By Stepp_Ann
  • 2 Post By LuxRuin
  • 1 Post By JennaBee

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 26th, 2012, 05:07 PM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So I went to Target today and caved on the $34.99 Liz Lange jeans (I honestly didn't want to spend that much but I've gotten sick of the rubber band on my old jeans). I'm hesitant because the size I bought is a little bit big, when I walked around in them at the store I could tell I was sagging a little in the crotch and I had some extra room where the crotch meets the belly panel. They didn't have the next size down. I guess my question is, will it be worth it to keep these since I'm going to get much bigger or should I return them and get one that's 100% comfortable to my body right now? I thought about washing and drying them to see if they shrink a little bit but I don't want to do that, find out they didn't shrink and then not be able to return them. Also do you think I spent too much? I probably should have just hit up Burlington or something.

April 26th, 2012, 05:18 PM
morethanamom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm incredibly cheap, or frugal if you want to be kind about it. I wouldn't ever spend that much on any jeans, even non-maternity. That said, if I were to spend it, I totally would spend it on a pair that fit right. I had a pair given to me that were a little big and I ended up giving them away this past weekend because I never wore them. They felt frumpy.

Old Navy tends to have good sales on maternity clothes. I got some jeans at Motherhood though. I don't normally like their stuff but they had some cute cuts and they were buy one get one FREE at the time. So two pairs for $32.98.

April 26th, 2012, 05:21 PM
InnocentDevil's Avatar Super Mommy
I have that problem with all the maternity jeans I've bought. I am hoping I grow into them. LOL.

Right now, I live in yoga pants.

April 26th, 2012, 05:21 PM
Yeah, the more I think about it the more I want to return them. I just feel like I could get a better deal somewhere else and more importantly one that fits me just right!
InnocentDevil likes this.

April 26th, 2012, 06:37 PM
Risa's Avatar Veteran
I tried on the Target jeans and thought they were comfy. But then I got the Motherhood jeans with the secret fit belly panel I was so glad I passed on the Target ones! They fit great right now and have plenty of stretch for my belly to grow. I like them better than my regular jeans! I got the full length jeans and the capri ones. I think the price is comparable to Target.

April 26th, 2012, 07:21 PM
They're definitely comfortable. The ones they had when I was pg with DD1 and DD2 were not that great, but I think they've gotten better at "cute" stuff. I have two pairs of jeans from Motherhood as well as jean capris and a pair of grey khaki style pants. I got way more maternity clothes this time around than I normally would have new, but that's only because DH got me a $100 gc there (I would have loved an amazon gc for cloth diapers lol but I'm weird).

April 26th, 2012, 09:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I hate my maternity jeans they are huge and always slip off... But I refuse to buy another pair bc this will be my last pregnancy and I'm trying to make it with my "fat" jeans until I can wear my comy capris and dresses all the time. My jeans are from Motherhood with the stretchy panel but if I could do it all over again I would have gotten a tighter fitting pair with a more snug waist
April 26th, 2012, 09:28 PM
Super Mommy
I have learned to buy them to fit or else you will never wear them. The panels do great at stretching as your belly grows but honestly there is nothing worse than slouchy maternity pants. You will be tugging them up constantly and will be miserable. I love my motherhood jeans but I get my tops at Ross.
momma_d and Angelamomtomany like this.
April 26th, 2012, 10:39 PM
LuxRuin's Avatar Veteran
I don't know how you feel about it...but I just bought 2 pairs of maternity pants at a consignment shop!!!!!!!!!! (1 pair of Liz Lange jeans and a pair of Motherhood cargo type yoga type pants? Super cute.) I spent a total of 12 dollars on both pairs. 5.99 for the yoga pants and 5.99 for the jeans. Plus I took in some of my prepregnancy clothes that I didn't really wear before and got 25 dollars in store credit, so I used that and spent ZERO actual cash.

They are in perfect condition. And they were technically free.

-Sarah

DD #1: 13yo
DS #1: 10yo
DD #2: 5 yo
DS #2: Born September 22, 2012
April 27th, 2012, 05:41 AM
I'm definitely more than okay with consignment shops, but the ones I've been to I haven't been able to find anything. I've even checked at Salvation Army - all old stuff that I have no interest in. I think I'm going to return the jeans today and head over to Motherhood.

April 27th, 2012, 06:00 AM
Sprinkle 2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will write another rave review for the Motherhood jeans! Good luck with your search- maternity clothes can be so frustrating!

April 27th, 2012, 06:30 AM
InnocentDevil's Avatar Super Mommy
Definitely do the consignment thing. I went to a couple of stores and got a coupe of cute tops and dresses.

April 27th, 2012, 08:13 AM
JennaBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would personally return them and look for a pair that is not too big. Although yes you will get bigger sometimes it's not always in the way the jeans would change fitting With my DD1 I could fit in regular pants till like 30 weeks because she was very high.
momma_d likes this.

, ,,,,,,
April 27th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree that you should probably return those and look for ones that fit you now. After all there is a very high chance it will just be your belly growing which would only involve needing more room in the panel area. Since the panel is made to stretch they should still fit fine. I always buy my maternity bottoms the same size as the clothes I normally wear and they always work out fine

I have not had any luck at any of the consignment shops or the salvation armys/goodwills either. The things I have seen there are horrendous!! I wish I could find some good deals at any of them!!

April 27th, 2012, 09:57 AM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I haven't ever found a pair of maternity pants that fit me right. I usually make it through with buying pants one size larger and having a belly band.

April 27th, 2012, 11:05 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
I have horrible luck with maternity jeans and pants. I just wear my regular ones through the whole pregnancy and button them under my belly. I find that even getting S and XS, they are made too big, or, if they fit at first, they get so stretched out after an hour or so of wearing them, that they start falling off me. A lot of the maternity tops are the same way....ugh. I usually just get the longer cut regular tops in somewhat stretchy material to wear during pregnancy, too.

If you can find some that fit you perfectly now, I'd opt for those. Most maternity jeans are made to accommodate your growing belly anyway, so you want to make sure that they fit everywhere else. And, if they add spandex into the jeans for stretch, you may want to try to get them to fit snugly in the butt, hips, and legs, to keep them from stretching out on you too much as the day goes on. Hope you find what you're looking for!!!

Motherhood usually has a large selection of jeans in a ton of styles, fairly reasonably prices, so you may want to try there!!
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

April 27th, 2012, 12:17 PM
My funny story of the day -

I stopped by Burlington because I wanted to check out their jeans selection. I found a pair that fits me really well (yay! and only $12). Then I found another pair that were more like capri length, I am really short so my capris are always longer anyway and depending on the type of hem at the bottom I will just roll them up once and get on with my day. This pair I found didn't have any tags. I brought them up to the counter and upon further inspection the cashier and I found that it looked like they had been altered, most of the tags were cut off and I think the bottoms of them had been hemmed! They were kind of choppy on the inside, which tipped us off. So I was like "Well.. I'll still take them if you guys will give me a discount!" Long story short, the manager ended up giving them to me for ONE CENT. LOL I can't even buy a used pair for that cheap! Thank you Burlington!

I'm going to return the Target ones tonight. I stopped by Motherhood too and found some that I like, so I might buy one more pair online since my other ones were sooo cheap. And I already have 2 pairs of capris that I bought for my honeymoon, so I should be all set on pants for the rest of my pregnancy.

April 27th, 2012, 01:15 PM
^Yay for that deal! How weird to have found a pair like that though!

I'm an XS and can never find anything that fits at consignment/thrift stores when it comes to pants. Tops are easier and actually I have a bunch of shirts from American Eagle pre-pregnancy that fit snug around the chest and are free-flowing through the belly. I got almost all of those at thrift stores because I would never pay full price for them.

April 27th, 2012, 03:25 PM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, you can't beat a deal like that I bought some maternity carpris and jeans from Motherhood during my last pregnancy (when I lived in the US), but I just tried them on this week and they are huge and saggy on my bum and thighs... yet I weigh the same as last time, so ..? Hmm. Anyway, I am getting by at the moment with several pairs of jeggings (do they call them that in the US? They are like denim stretchy leggings). When it gets warmer, I guess I can wear the capris and hopefully they will fit me better by then.

My beautiful siggy was made by *bokkechick*

April 27th, 2012, 06:08 PM
Angelamomtomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Burlington is where I got most of mine. You got an awesome deal!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search