Evan Thomas 04.08.2012

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gmtejese

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 28th, 2012, 12:09 AM
gmtejese's Avatar Expecting Number 4 :)
Send a message via AIM to gmtejese Send a message via Yahoo to gmtejese
I had my 38 weeks checkup with my OB on Thursday. I was excited because I knew then I would be getting my C/S date since Evan was a repeat section due to my previous intense labor with Gage and my GD with Evan. I was dilated to a 2 and was still thick so I was scheduled for a C/S for the following Friday, the 13th.

Saturday night rolls around and I wasn't feeling too great so I put the boys to bed a little earlier than normal and laid down myself. Well I started getting horrible crampy pain in my lower abdomen. It was coming about every hour or so and only lasting a little bit so I just took some tylenol and didn't think anything of it.

11a rolls around (after a night of NO sleep. Little did I know I was having contractions all night long) and the contractions are starting to pick up. Ryan was at work and the kids were taking a nap so I decided to hop into my tub and take a bath to see if that would ease them since it worked for my BH. About 12:00ish they were coming every three minutes and lasting about fourty five seconds. I felt like I had to pee so I got up and went to the bathroom, looked down and saw bright red blood. I freaked, called Ryan's mom to get his work number since I knew he wouldn't answer his cell phone at work and called him. Told him we needed to go cuz I was bleeding and he said okay. He was at my house within two minutes! Got the kids up and dressed, took them to my moms and had a huge arguement with her in her apt parking lot. She was mad I was dropping them off on Easter Sunday and I was doing this for attention all because it's Easter. She called me about five minutes later and said that if I didn't turn around and get the boys she was taking them to the police station. Thank God for my saint of a best friend who ended up letting her drop them off at her house.

Anyway, my contractions are still coming on strong and I'm scared to death because I'm afraid I'm going to give birth in Ryan's car because the hospital I was delivering at was a good 45 minute drive from my house. We get to the hospital and they take me to L & D, hook me up to the monitor and they start picking up my contractions right away. They assess me and find out I'm already dilated to a four. The way the nurse was acting was like they were going to send me home. Ugh. I was going to snap, lol. The on call doctor came in and told me I was contracting pretty strongly (one of my contractions was above a 70) and was still bleeding. They asked when I started contracting and I mentioned about the crampy pain the night before and they said I was actually in labor! So I went into labor on my own the night before and didn't even know it, lol. I've never done that!

My OB finally called back and told them to go ahead and give me the C/S so at 6p I got wheeled back, the spinal got started and everything began. Evan Thomas entered the world on Easter Sunday at 6:24p He didn't eat for the first two days almost and he had a latching issue with the bottle nipple so the first night he was down to 6 lbs 12 oz and then the following day he was down to 6 lbs 7 oz. They were considering a feeding tube down his little nose unless he started eating. The third night there he took 2 oz so I was sooo happy!

Evan Thomas
6:24pm
7 lbs 1 oz
20 in

JennLynn_ likes this.
May 16th, 2012, 04:09 PM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a sweetie Congrats mama!!

=May '05 and '11

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search