Let's talk about poop!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By my4loves

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 29th, 2012, 06:43 AM
just_em's Avatar TANSTAAFL!
Oh, yeah! Every mom's favorite topic.

So... How often does baby poop? What sort of color and consistency are you seeing? Any "blowouts"?

April 29th, 2012, 07:17 AM
adi&co.
Gemma poops a lot. like. A LOT! but so did my boys so it's just like them. we've not had a blowout because 1. we're using cloth and cloth keeps it in better and 2. she poops so often that she doesn't poop in large amounts at at time. it's typical mustard yellow and seedy EBF poop
April 29th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Veteran
No blowouts yet! He pretty much poops every time he gets a boob in his mouth. lol
April 29th, 2012, 09:03 AM
squishyhomie's Avatar whee.
my baby poops every 12 hours, it's dark grey and paste like.

it looks like iron-fortified poop.

he is pooping but i am concerned about constipation

Our First Baby
Nicholas Anthony Sanders

April 29th, 2012, 09:11 AM
Bekah's Avatar happy 2 be a girl mommy!
in the beginning she pooped A LOT, yesterday she pooped twice. She isn't really consistent with pooping we have had ONE blowout and a couple leakages. Her poop actually looks like breastmilk poop, yellow and seedy

April 29th, 2012, 09:16 AM
JennLynn_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This topic reminded me of this link I had saved in my favourites since DD was a baby.. lol

Baby poop: A visual guide - Photo Gallery | BabyCenter

http://JenniferDow.SBC90.com
April 29th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Veteran
Alyssa has poop issues. She is considered constipated, and has a hard time pooping, and passing it. We are on our third round of formula, currently sticking with Isomil (soy), seems to be the best for her. She also has prune juice/water, 2oz 2x day, plus karo syrup in each formula bottle, and if needed a despository every 2-3 days. I have had to give her 3 so far, they are not fun. From 5 days of age to 12 days of age she was in severe pain, and even had to go to the ER for Xrays to make sure she didn't have a constricted bowel. All was cleared. Now she has had 3 poops in the past 2 days, and a fair amount, so I hope this new diet is working for her. I think it is. She still has alot of discomfort before and while trying to poop, so we are trying to figure that out. She wales in tears and screaming. My poor lil girl

Brigitte & Ian
Engaged 10/10/12
Mama to 4 Lil Ladies
Sierra (14), Micaela (10), Breanna (10)
& Littlest Lady, Alyssa Anne 4/13/2012
Blog:http://virgogal1979.blogspot.com
April 29th, 2012, 09:45 AM
*Crystal*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She poops a lot. I've never paid close enough attention to count.. I would guess 6 or more times. Her poop looks like EBF poop
April 29th, 2012, 09:52 AM
HuskerMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Gracie poops 4-6 times a day, sometimes it's a huge poo that results in an up the back blowout, and sometimes it's a small smear. She doesn't poop at night, which is different from my boys. It's a typical EBF poop, mustard color and seedy.
April 29th, 2012, 10:06 AM
my4loves's Avatar Final score=Girls3 Boys2
Julian poops every other day, sometimes every couple of days. He is a FF baby, and the color is dark green, and very soft. No blowouts yet. I'm a little concerned that he isn't going at least once a day, but when he skips a day or two, he more than makes up for it and I'll be changing poop diapers for a whole entire day.
Bekah likes this.

April 29th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Amylizz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
James poops about a million times a day. I mean...8-9 It's typical EBF poop. Mustard yellow, seedy and sometimes watery. It smells exactly like margarine. this is how our DD got the nickname butter

April 29th, 2012, 04:01 PM
Super Mommy
Zoey poops about 3 times a day and has little small squirts a few ore times. Her poop is yellowy mustard breastmilk poop.

April 30th, 2012, 07:52 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Emilee's poops are really weird. At first she was pooping like every diaper change, more than a quarter size, EBF poop (yellow and seedy), but all of a sudden she stopped. Now she poops a teeny tiny bit maybe once a day (if that) and then a giant huge poop every couple to several days. The giant poop is not seedy but a bright yellow and even smells like mustard. She has really stinky farts too. Except for the day she has her huge poop she doesn't seem to have any problems with constipation.

April 30th, 2012, 09:58 AM
amylynne01's Avatar One happy mama
Owen goes 3-4 times a day, the typical EBF poo. He only goes a little at a time, so no huge messes (yet).
April 30th, 2012, 11:16 AM
proudjmmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jaxon's poop has me curious. For a few days he was constipated, and had little balls of 'rabbit' poop. I am trying to re-lactate to EBF him, and right now I don't THINK I am producing enough to have an effect on him like this, since he is still mainly FF. But his poop now resembles that of EBF poop. This is my first child on Formula, so that link that was posted really helped. Thanks. He poops 4-5 times a day, and no blowouts...yet.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search