Miroslava Mikhailovna [27-4-2012]

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 29th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Josie+Shpala's Avatar Я русская)))))
This will probably be one big cluster f**k of words lol. I’ll try to make it as organized as possible.

Miroslava Mikhailovna was born on 27 April 2012 at 3:28 am weighing 6lbs 15 oz and 18.5 inches long. She will be me and my DH’s only child and we couldn’t be happier to finally have her here! But before all of this, I was at home with my DH, at around 9pm, vacuuming, nesting. Apparently, I had been vacuuming the same spot for like 20 minutes lol! When I finally sat down, my legs were killing me and I started cramping. I propped my feet up on the coffee table of our living room, thinking that maybe the cramping and leg pains would stop. When the cramping didn’t stop, I became alarmed and told DH maybe we should call my midwife. When we called her, she said not to go in yet so DH and I sat back down. At around 9:25, I got the sudden urge to stand up and holy cow, a water of just…water comes streaming down. I knew I hadn’t peed myself and told DH that we were going to the maternity hospital NOW!

We got to the maternity hospital at 9:45 and it was slow. One of the nurses told me I couldn’t have come at a better time, since there was only two other mums in labor. I was put into a private room (for the time being) where I began contracting and needless to say, I’m glad labor is over. I did not get any pain medicine. My midwife arrived at 10:15. She and DH helped me get through the contractions. I walked, bounced on a birthing ball, and did squats. The walking helped out the most and the contractions were bearable. I did have some contractions in bed and they were extremely painful so I decided to get up for the next ones.

For the next four hours, all I did was contract. I drank some water, walked some more, and repeat. DH bought his iPod and the dock for it and we listened to some music. At around 2, I began to feel like I had to push. This was the first, of two times, my midwife checked me, to make sure I was 10cm dilated. When she gave me the okay, I began pushing like hell!! At that point, I just wanted the baby out!! One hour later, at exactly 3:28, our little girl made her entrance to the world. After nine months of keeping her gender a surprise, we finally knew what she was. A nurse came and washed Mira up. DH held her first and then me. She wasn’t too thrilled about the hat that was put on her head lol but she fell back asleep. The nurses took her to the nursery.

I was moved to a larger room that had six other beds but one other woman and she was breastfeeding. I asked her if it hurt and she said at first it did. DH had gone to the nursery with Mira and I was alone for about 45 minutes until my midwife and DH came with the baby. My midwife helped me with breastfeeding and it did hurt and it felt completely weird but Mira latched on like a pro and nursed for an hour and fifteen minutes on her first go. She got to stay with me, except when DH’s family came to visit and they took her to the nursery so everyone could see her behind the glass.

In all my life, I would’ve never thought that I would have a baby in Russia. It’s so funny because at one point, DH and I were considering to not give her a patronym but give her a regular middle name and we got the craziest look from the midwife and nurse. I’m glad she has a patronym now, though. I chose her first name and she has her father’s name in hers.
May 16th, 2012, 04:06 PM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats mama!! What a great story!!

=May '05 and '11

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search