once baby is born....

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 30th, 2012, 10:19 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
do you have babysitters who will let you get a few hours with your S/O once in a while?

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

April 30th, 2012, 10:25 AM
Sprinkle 2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Maybe... If we end up getting to move to Tennessee we will be golden. Both sets of parents and tons of friends around.

If we end up staying here, I've got a riding student who has been with me a long time and is responsible and a great kid. She babysits Sulli on occasion, but she has a pretty hectic schedule. she's one of the only sitters I really like and trust. So we may get out on occasion, but it won't be often. We are ok with that, we are homebodies anyways!

April 30th, 2012, 10:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Honestly..I know my sister would watch my kids for a bit once in a while because I do it for her all the time..but I don't feel right asking her to..and I under no circumstances would ever ask my other sister..and my in laws are out of the question as well..Im pretty much content to stay at home the next 18 yrs..LOL(ok.maybe not 18 yrs)..once in a while my husband stays home with the kids so I can go out with my sister to a movie I really want to see and I do the same so he can go bowling..but we don't usually go out together.

April 30th, 2012, 10:54 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
We are very fortunate in that we have a lot of help! Both of our families are here, so we have "free" sitters most of the time when we need/want them from my parents and DH's mom. We also have my SIL that we can ask if we really need to! I hate to ask them, but we have good group of friends that would do it, too. I just wouldn't feel comfortable asking them unless we're in a pinch.
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

April 30th, 2012, 10:56 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes. We have a few options. I think having date nights is imperative to a healthy relationship & family dynamic. We won't do anything right away though, I am too much of a wimp to leave a newborn with anyone! So at least for the first few months we won't be having any "date nights"!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

April 30th, 2012, 10:58 AM
Kris2you's Avatar Live-Laugh-Love
Send a message via MSN to Kris2you Send a message via Yahoo to Kris2you
My parents live here as well as my sister and they wouldn't hesitate to watch the baby. They do watch my two older kids. But I never leave my NB unless I absolutely have to.
April 30th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Super Mommy
My mom lives about three hours away, but she is a road warrior (hee hee) and drives a LOT. She comes to see us once or twice a month and she would keep the kids. We also recently hired the teenaged girl next door to sit for us and loved her. She is a young teenager, so thus far it's only been daytime-sitting, but I trust her with the older girls.
I imagine we will just take the baby with us for quite some time- Both of the older girls were talking before I left them for more than an hour or so, and DD2 had some oral issues and was never able to take a bottle, so it feels strange to me to leave think of leaving a little one, although I know there's nothing wrong with it.
April 30th, 2012, 11:33 AM
GeekLover11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We live right around the corner from DH's family, so I am very sure that we will have options when the baby comes. This is the first grandchild for both sides, so I think everyone will not be able to get enough of him when he comes

Ashley
Ashley
April 30th, 2012, 11:51 AM
lovemyleah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
All of our family lives here, and there are certain ones I feel comfortable leaving my daughter with. Yes, we will be able to have date nights when the baby is born, but like a few PP, we will probably just take baby with us at first when he is little.

April 30th, 2012, 12:02 PM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I doubt things will change very much for us. We haven't been out without kids in over 2 years. Even when we lived 2 blocks from my inlaws we had to beg to get them to babysit, and they usually backed out at the last minute.

There are a few girls at church I may consider asking to sit once in a while. It will have to wait till money is not so tight. I hope after the new year we will have some breathing room.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

April 30th, 2012, 12:10 PM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Sapphires View Post
I doubt things will change very much for us. We haven't been out without kids in over 2 years. Even when we lived 2 blocks from my inlaws we had to beg to get them to babysit, and they usually backed out at the last minute.

There are a few girls at church I may consider asking to sit once in a while. It will have to wait till money is not so tight. I hope after the new year we will have some breathing room.
Ami, I see you mention your church a lot! Have you thought of befriending any other families with young children as well? We have gotten to know quite a few families with young kids and I found that LOTS of us didn't have many sitter options, or we just simply do not want to pay a sitter AND pay to go out for the night. We have gotten close enough with some people that we swap babysitting days/nights. Our kids love it and it's a win-win for all us as parents!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

April 30th, 2012, 12:28 PM
Sagga02's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Sagga02 Send a message via MSN to Sagga02 Send a message via Yahoo to Sagga02
Although i have DH family here and available i have always had the motto that I had kids for me to look after them. I wouldn't leave a NB with them. If the children are not welcome, we just do not go. Although i must say we have taken DS EVERYWHERE with us from day one and he behaves so well in all social situations. DS is 4.5 and only recently has anyone looked after him. He also has extremely bad food allergies/allergies and i just didn't trust anyone before he knew more of what he could and couldn't have and they proved time and time again that they did not have a handle on it. Over time they realized they were not going away, we were not making his allergies up and have jumped on board so it is a lot better

www.etsy.com/shop/sagga02
April 30th, 2012, 04:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
Nope. I am still trying to figure out who will watch the kids while I am in labor. We live in Florida and our families live in Indiana. When we go to visit up there (about once a year or less) we leave the kids with someone, and we we go out for the night. Occasionally I get tired of never having a date night, and will find a sitter for us. I just hate paying $15 per hour for someone to watch my kids. I think that is completely unreasonable. If we get a sitter for a movie we would have to have the sitter for four hours. Just for the sitter it would be $60. Then about $30 for tickets, and maybe $15 for snacks. For one movie that would be over $100, and I have yet to see a movie that is worth watching one time for that much money. We do date nights at home on the weekends after the kids are in bed every weekend.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

April 30th, 2012, 04:56 PM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes, DH's parents, my aunt, my dad and his girlfriend, and my grandma all live in the area. All can watch the baby if we need them to (some would be more excited than others though!).

April 30th, 2012, 08:01 PM
MJTKNT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My mom is about 1/2 hour away, so she will watch the kids every now and then. My MIL is 4 hours away, but retired, so she will drive down for a whole weekend to let us have some R&R. I have a friend who is a nanny. She's busy, but I know she'd drive the 1/2 hour to help us too. I wish I had a trusted sitter around here that I could call whenever I needed...I need to start looking, I suppose.

May 1st, 2012, 12:13 AM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
we have grandmas

May 1st, 2012, 05:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm fortunate to have my family really close by and helpful (my sister is 4 houses down from me and my dad and stepmom are 2 streets over).

I won't leave this one for a few month though but I wouldn't be opposed to taking him with us as he'll likely sleep during our date night dinner

Bella's daycare also has great teachers and most will babysit after hours. My sister has used one girl a few times and LOVES her! I haven't had her at my house but Bella adores her so I knnow it wouldn't be a problem. I'm just cheap and would rather use free help!

May 1st, 2012, 07:44 AM
Angelamomtomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have no one. We go out twice a year when family visits.
May 1st, 2012, 08:05 AM
OatmealKisses's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nope. Nobody. The last place we lived I was suprised how many people volenteered to watch Jace out of nowhere. I was NOT ready for him to be away from me though. So I never took anyone up on it.

My ILs are the only ones that have watched him, a few hours, when we came back to our home state to visit and went out with hubby's friends a couple times at night.

I'm not very comfortable leaving him with people. It feels like my heart is missing. I don't know what to do with myself and I want to go home back to him.

Angel Baby gone at 9 weeks, 7/8/13
May 1st, 2012, 01:53 PM
Sherry777's Avatar Blessed Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprinkle 2010 View Post
Maybe... If we end up getting to move to Tennessee we will be golden. Both sets of parents and tons of friends around.

If we end up staying here, I've got a riding student who has been with me a long time and is responsible and a great kid. She babysits Sulli on occasion, but she has a pretty hectic schedule. she's one of the only sitters I really like and trust. So we may get out on occasion, but it won't be often. We are ok with that, we are homebodies anyways!
What part of TN are you considering moving to?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search