Is it my hormones or would you be annoyed/upset too?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 30th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Super Mommy
I announced on facebook about our name and a few people commented saying "unique, pretty", etc. BUT one person said "That is what I just named my puppy I love the name!" I'm really upset and I don't feel like comparing her dog to my CHILD has to do with my hormones. What do you think?

April 30th, 2012, 03:16 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
To me it sounds like she didn't mean anything by it and was just genuinely letting you know how much she liked the name. Does she have kids? A lot of people also think of their dogs as their children so to her maybe she doesn't see what the difference is.
InnocentDevil likes this.

April 30th, 2012, 03:18 PM
Super Mommy
She has a son and doesn't think of her dog as her kid... she never even mentioned getting a dog until my status about the baby's name. No one has commented since her comment and I've gotten a few messages like "***?"

April 30th, 2012, 03:44 PM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
hmmm... I was gonna say if she didn't have kids it would be showing how much she loves the name, but since she does I think it is kind of mean.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 (9wks) & 3/1/14 (9wks)
Chemical Pregnancy 5/31/15
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

April 30th, 2012, 04:36 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How rude!

April 30th, 2012, 04:41 PM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
Wow, that's straight up rude, especially since she has a child, so she *should* understand the difference. I would send her a PM telling her, as kindly and delicately as you can, that you were hurt and that she shouldn't compare a child to a dog, no matter how loved the pet is. Maybe then, even if her intentions were good and she didn't see an issue, she'll think twice before making a comment of that nature in the future.
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

April 30th, 2012, 06:30 PM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would just delete her comment. Too bad if she has a problem with that she obviously didn't take your feelings into consideration.
momma_d, Daffodil, Love_09 and 1 others like this.

10/01/15 @ 8.5 weeks
11/17/15 @ 4 weeks (chemical)
1/25/16 @ 4.5 weeks
3/07/16 @ 5.5 weeks

Struggling with how much more my heart can take.
April 30th, 2012, 06:51 PM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DaniM pretty much summed up exactly what I was going to say! I used to have a friend in high school that reminded me EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR. that me and her dog shared a birthday. Not cool.
April 30th, 2012, 06:58 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It sounds like she should definitely understand since she has a child of her own. I agree i would delete her comment. Thankfully i don't think i've ever had to delete a comment due to rudeness (only times were when people mentioned JM on FB so i always delete those because i don't want family or others finding and stalking me here.)

April 30th, 2012, 09:32 PM
InnocentDevil's Avatar Super Mommy
Who names their dog Kara?? LOL. Tell her to shove it. hahaha

April 30th, 2012, 10:15 PM
Veteran
I don't know her personally of course, but I didn't think it sounded like she was trying to be rude, I think she was trying to show how much she liked the name. That and people are quick to make things about themselves, which she did by making her response about HER new puppy, rather than just commenting on what a great name it is for YOUR new baby. I'd be annoyed too, but if she's a friend, I would try to let it go, I really don't think she meant any harm.
April 30th, 2012, 10:43 PM
Pleione's Avatar Momtographer
It doesn't sound like she meant to offend you. She loved the name enough to name it after an animal she equally loves. No, they're not people, but that doesn't mean she regards the animal as inferior. At least I hope not. It could just be hormonal. I can see where you would get upset, I would too. But knowing my husband and family, they'd probably just remind me it wasn't meant to offend.

Siggy by Vicki...

May 1st, 2012, 12:06 AM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
I don't think she was meaning to offend, but yeah i'd be pretty annoyed.

May 1st, 2012, 04:55 AM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm with the above posters, I would be annoyed like you are, BUT I don't think she said that offensively. In fact I could see if someone named their daughter "Daisy" I would probably respond "That's my kitty's name! Love it!" and they would be annoyed with me and think I'm an idiot! Either way, Kara is beautiful and don't let it bother you

May 1st, 2012, 05:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I just asked my fiance and he said it is totally acceptable to be upset he said he would be highly upset too!!

May 1st, 2012, 06:10 AM
nroundtr's Avatar Veteran
I'd be upset. Even if she didn't meant to offend, with a child of her own, she should have been able to put herself in your shoes and realize that a comparison of a dog's name with a child's name is not cool!

May 1st, 2012, 06:15 AM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It is hard to tell if she meant anything offensive by it or not. Are the two of you on good terms? I agree that you should delete the comment.

May 1st, 2012, 06:58 AM
lovemyleah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is really rude, especially because she already has a child. I could see my sister doing something like that: "Oh, I just love that name, I named my dog the same thing!" But, she has no kids and her dog IS her kid. The comment she made was rude....all the more reason our name is going to be kept a secret until the day he is born!
May 1st, 2012, 10:18 AM
Frugile Wife
Send a message via Yahoo to jennylynnf
i would just delete it and not let her ignorant self get to you. Don't waste time on other people bull crap. Anyone knows good n well not to say something like, and if she didnt know she will get the hint when you delete it. but just in case she was trying to be mean, over look it, jelous ppl, they try to steal your joy. My sister is like that. I just told her today we found out were having a girl and she replied back with what day did our mom n dad die her memory is getting bad. I just went on with my day and KNEW she would try to poop on my parade lol. Shes skitzophrinic and has issues so i manage to deal with her since im bi-polar and she has to deal with me too. but just let it go and dont let people steal your joy if they mean to or not.

Jessica Wearing Her SQUISHY BUM'S Cloth Diaper made by mommy
Facebook.com/Squishybums
May 1st, 2012, 12:59 PM
Super Mommy
Thanks ladies.

I know my friend and she wasn't trying to be rude, she is just a little ditzy. But I was caught off guard and it upset me. I asked my friend if I was being hormonal and I COULDN'T believe her reaction and I think she upset me more and I just narrowed in on the comment. My friend said "You're too sensitive" and then went on to say that she named her puppy Emma shortly before her boss had her baby. Her boss named her baby Emma and my friend was annoyed!!! WHAT??? I know my friend is big on her dogs and all but she does have a child and she knows that generally people pick the names awhile before they have their baby. What did she expect her boss to do? Change the name she picked for her BABY because my friend named her DOG that? I'm wondering if she said that because she thinks I should now change the name we picked because my friend named her dog that? LOL.

Anyways, I did delete the comment because I also didn't want someone to take offense and say something to her (like my mom or MIL). The friend that made the comment is very sweet (although ditzy). She actually said something to a mutual friend about her comment not being there and was concerned that I was mad at her (not thinking that the comment made me mad, just thought I deleted it because I was mad at her for something else).

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search