baby names!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 1st, 2012, 06:07 PM
KarenHaley's Avatar Veteran
What are your favorites? Have you decided already? What are your other kids names? Will you choose this one to sound good with their names? Are you into a certain letter? Family names?

Sorry, lots of questions. I'm drawing a blank at names so far, want to hear your ideas!

May 1st, 2012, 06:37 PM
Super Mommy
My kids are...
Izabella Quinn (Izzy or Quinn)
Michael Lee III (Bubby or Mikie)
Marissa Ayla (Rissy or Ayla)
John Louis III (Louie or just John)
Preslie Alexis (Pres or just "P")

We tend to use middle names more than anything. I never even got to look at boy names, just knew if i had a boy he would be named after dad/grandpa. BUT we dont have anybody to name this baby after if its a boy so i actually get to pick a name this time! Tho i MIGHT name him after my father. The other 2 boys are named after dad and paternal grandfather. I dont really have a naming "style" so not looking for any certain type of name.

I like...
Boys: Westan, Marco, Antonio....DH likes Benjamin, James, Gabriel. My dads name is Timothy, so thats a possibilty too. But not set on anything as of yet.
Girls: Bentleigh (mostly bcuz i think its cute with Preslie), Anna, Mary. DH likes Tiffany, Christine, Hayden and Taylor. I dont like ANY of his lol could be a long road if its a girl
May 1st, 2012, 06:46 PM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh my, I haven't really started thinking about names yet! I'd like to do something a little more new age this time around since she/he will be the baby of the family. My other children have classic names:
John Keith III "Jack" and Penelope Katrin "Penny"
This time, I was thinking something like Tucker for a boy (among other choices) and Scarlett "Scout" for a girl (this was one of my top names for my daughter). There was a little girl named Harper in a baby botique the other day and I thought the name was cute, but the mom was so obnoxious, I can't think of the name without thinking of her. LOL

Here's my names list from my last pregnancy:

BOYS
Adler, Harvey, Samuel, Ansel, Axel, Calvin, Carter, Dean, Desmond, Everett, Henry, Kane, Miles, Cash, Cole, James/Jamie, Alec, Devon, Robin, Pearce, Russell, Brock, Liam, Oliver, Dexter, Hugo, Titus, Brice, Sampson, Landon

GIRLS
Penelope (Penny), Harriet, Cora, Poppy, Violet, Beatrice, Louisa, Lucy, Lucia, Amaris, Briar, Liesl, Willow, Kate, Mariel, Maralia, Lea, Lena, Lillian(Libby), Olive, Opal, Seraphena(Phoebe), Saffron (Saffy), Matilda, Camellia, Emmilia, Lillia, Cordelia, Annalia, Penrose, Samantha, Scarlett, Isela, Freda
May 1st, 2012, 07:07 PM
that_girl's Avatar Veteran
If its a boy, we're naming him Kenso after his great grandfather...he was Japanese.

If its a girl, we're naming her Stella. No real reason behind that other than I just really like that name.
burnbot likes this.
May 1st, 2012, 07:21 PM
Blcooper32's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My dd is savannah Rae ( banana)
This time we can only agree on boys names lol
We have Grayson Scott and Riley lane for boy names but if they are girls for now we are up a creek lol
May 2nd, 2012, 02:53 AM
Super Mommy
My other kids names are

Christopher James
Jason Michael
Emily Jean
Anna Marie
Joseph Matthew
Andrew Jacob

The biggest letter theme we have is that all of their middles names start with either a J or an M. We didn't do it on purpose, but after #4 we have tried to continue the tradition.

For this baby we like Nicholas Jon for a boy and Isabelle Mae for a girl.

May 2nd, 2012, 05:48 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
We started going through our name list last weekend and so far our top names are:

Girls - Sophia, Olivia, Mackenzie, Ava, and Charlotte. The middle name will be Evelyn, which is a family name on both mine and DH's side.

Boys - Landon, Griffin, Owen, Oliver, Nolan. The middle name will be Dale, which is DH's, his dad's, and grandpa's middle name.

May 2nd, 2012, 06:02 AM
rlh27's Avatar Caleb's Mommy!
Boy is Caleb Michael, Michael for my dad. For a girl, Grace Louise, Louise is a family name (she'll be 4th generation!).

I used to want the middle name Anne for a girl, but our last name starts with T, so her initials would have spelled something bad (like fat, rat, etc.).

May 2nd, 2012, 06:11 AM
MarlowesMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We're sticking with M's. Both DH and I are M's, and so is our daughter...we don't want the other one to feel left out.

Two names that are definitely out? Maxwell and Monroe. Thanks to Jessica Simpson and Mariah Carey respectively.

May 2nd, 2012, 06:56 AM
Megan30's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My boys are Jack Alfred and Isaac James....having a reallyyy difficult time this go around with names.

Boys - Charlie LOL...that's it..should make it simple

Girls - Poppy, Evelyn (didn't mean to steal this Cassie!), Vivienne, Kate

The girls middle name will be Marlene after my mil and if it's a boy it'll be Foster (my mil's maiden name) We always use the middle names to honour somebody. Alfred is my father, James is my Dh.
May 2nd, 2012, 07:01 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan30 View Post
My boys are Jack Alfred and Isaac James....having a reallyyy difficult time this go around with names.

Boys - Charlie LOL...that's it..should make it simple

Girls - Poppy, Evelyn (didn't mean to steal this Cassie!), Vivienne, Kate

The girls middle name will be Marlene after my mil and if it's a boy it'll be Foster (my mil's maiden name) We always use the middle names to honour somebody. Alfred is my father, James is my Dh.
haha no problem, I'll share!

May 2nd, 2012, 08:28 AM
burnbot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have had our girl names picked for years Zoey Lynn and Azariah Cedella
For boys we are thinking Isaac Nesta or Isaiah
I am still thinking on boys names. I like Z names so I have been looking for something with the Z sound.
I love Stella and Charlotte as well as Liam
May 2nd, 2012, 10:51 AM
crystalcherry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My oldest have their fathers initail JAG. They are Jakob Aaron and Jarrett Aiden. I hate that their names hit the popular list within 2 years after they were born. When I got remarried DH made it know that none of his kids names would start with a J. DS3 is Elijah Nathaniel and we call him Elijah I can't stand it when people automatically assume we call him Eli. Of course by the time he was a year old both names had made it to the list of top baby names. If we have a girl Im pretty sure we will use the girl name we had picked out last time, Adaleigh Grace or spell it Adileigh, not sure. Wr had also tossed around Isabella Grace "Izzy". For a boy we have talked about using Marshall which was my great grandmothers maiden name. I have no clue what we wuould put with it though.

May 2nd, 2012, 12:29 PM
IamVillanueva's Avatar Veteran
My DDs are Isadora Nicola & Maya Grace. I'm going to wait to find out the gender before I get serious about names. Both of our daughters were born before we got married, so they have my last name. I figure if we have another girl, she'll have my last name, same as her sisters. If we have a boy, he'll have my husband's last name. I haven't actually discussed this with DH yet. Since my name is very hispanic and DH name is very Jewish, not all names sound quite right together.
DD#1 Isadora 8 yrs old
DD#2 Maya 5 yrs old
EDD 12/3/12
May 2nd, 2012, 01:15 PM
The Jenn's Avatar Waiting for Baby #2!!
My DD is Emma Sophia. She isn't named for anyone, we both just loved the name. And NO, she wasn't named after the Friends baby.

For a boy we are thinking about Jack Cameron, or Jack Thomas...

For a girl, we keep going back and forth. Middle name will almost definitely be Grace. First names we like are Camille, Ruby, Cassandra, Katherine, Abigail, Corrine,...and probably five more by next week.

*New Siggy Coming Soon!*

Jenn, mommy to Emma and Ruby.

Last edited by The Jenn; May 2nd, 2012 at 01:57 PM.
May 2nd, 2012, 01:19 PM
Nervous Newbie's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnbot View Post
We have had our girl names picked for years Zoey Lynn and Azariah Cedella
For boys we are thinking Isaac Nesta or Isaiah
I am still thinking on boys names. I like Z names so I have been looking for something with the Z sound.
I love Stella and Charlotte as well as Liam

I have always loved the name Zoey! Never in a million years did I dream I would marry someone with a last name starting with a Z. SO yeah I had to nix that one off my list. So sad, such a cute name.
May 2nd, 2012, 05:59 PM
Veteran
Christopher John Elmo. Christopher is his dads middle name, John is my Grandpa who passed away and Elmo is my hubbys Grandpa who passed away.

Annastacia Pearl Heather. Annastacia is a mix of my name and my middle name. We call her Annie. That was my nickname from my favorite uncle. Pearl is my GRandma who passed away. She was married to John. Heather is because my hubby liked it. LOL

Steven Stacey James. Steven is my hubby, Stacey is me, and James is my brother in-law. He named a child after my husband. We returned the favor.

This baby... ugh. Must have 4 names like her/his siblings. We can only come up with girl names. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Skye. Nothing goes as a middle name with it. Our choices so far are... Skye, November, Autumn and Ashleigh.

May 9th, 2012, 03:12 PM
KarenHaley's Avatar Veteran
i decided on names so i wanted to bring this back to share!

my daughter is molly josephine hernandez

if it's a boy, luka xavier hernandez
girl, marina leigh hernandez

still not completely set on girls middle name, but it's my mom's middle name so i'm just she would love it.

May 9th, 2012, 04:28 PM
Veteran
My oldest (15) is Tia Lynn ( named for my dad who never had a girl ( i was adopted by him when i was 12)
My youngest * at this time& is Steven Robert ( my biological fathers name is steven and DH is Robert)
*our still borns name is ( cremated) Morgan Ceirra
If we have a girl we have chosen Katrina Marie
If we have a boy we have chosen Brandon Wyatt

May 9th, 2012, 05:08 PM
Diamond2009's Avatar Boss Mama
My kids names are:

Juvon Devante Nathaniel
Lyric Mae
Janiyah Shantae

The names i like for this baby is Dior & Dimani

Forever in our hearts
Lauren born sleeping at 18 weeks