Exercise

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 7th, 2012, 07:07 PM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
Have you been diligent about exercising?
If not how often have you and how many times have you skipped it?

I havent been to be honest.
I've been so tired I just have no energy. I used to get on the treadmill at least 3 days a week. I havent been on it in about a week and a half but I'm getting on it tonight.

Thank you *JMC1988* for the perfect siggy

My Ovulation Chart
May 7th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Megan30's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My mom has been coming over and making me walk 3 times a week...I've just been too tired to get motivated so it helps that she's bossy and makes me.
May 7th, 2012, 07:27 PM
GOSHiLOVEYOU's Avatar Regular
I'm waaaay too scared to go into the gym right now...
I'm thinking about going when I'm into my 2nd semester possibly 15-17 weeks just so I'm out of that 'window'.

When I go to the gym I go much too hard and right now I don't trust myself to stay at a normal exertion level :/
May 7th, 2012, 07:54 PM
Becky_78's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been going! Last week I slacked off a bit because I wasn't feeling too well (congested and super fatigued) - I ended doing more yoga and less cardio. I've been trying for at least 30 min of cardio a day, yoga 3X/week, and 2 days of weights.

There are some people, like my birthday twin, who can eat whatever they want, not exercise, and still be tiny. I am not one of them. If I don't exercise I gain weight way too quickly

photo(5) by rebwend, on Flickr

May 7th, 2012, 09:06 PM
Veteran
Here too - low energy = me falling off my usual cadence! I'm usually pretty decent at getting exercise in a few times a week. I plan to continue light weights (if doctor OKs), treadmill, walking, yoga, etc.
May 8th, 2012, 06:48 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
Not any serious exercising (not that I did much pre-pregnancy), but we take our dog out for walks on the trail a few times a week.

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby Landon in Feb!

{Our family blog}

May 8th, 2012, 08:31 AM
nina9809's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I took over a month off to go on vacation (and catch up after vacation).... but I am ready to get back into it!! I went last night and hope to go again tonight. I plan to go at least 3-5 times a week for cardio and weights.

Thank you Kiliki... for my amazing siggie!
May 8th, 2012, 08:40 AM
burnbot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I usually use my wii fitness just about everyday but lately I have been soo sick and tired I just can't. I'm gonna try to keep it up once I get back in shape and I have still been going to ballet class 2 times a week. I don't know if I will keep dancing when I get a bump tho.

May 8th, 2012, 09:36 AM
Super Mommy
I have been continuing to run 4 times a week. I ran 3 miles yesterday, but slept in today. I am planning on running 4 miles tomorrow. I have found if I don't do my run in the morning I have NO energy to do it later in the day.

May 8th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Exercise? If any of you CAN exercise right now, you are blessed!

If I just stand up, I get queasy and nauseous. I throw up all freakin' day. No way Im going back to the gym anytime soon.... LOL

...Hilary...
Mommy to Charlotte (b. 12/15/2008)
and Clara (b. 11/28/2010)
and Benjamin (b. 12/11/2012)
and NUMBER4! (due 7/4/2015)

May 8th, 2012, 09:42 AM
lilemma86's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am really trying to walk 30 min a day or 20 min on the elliptical! But I am so tired!!! BOOOO I am really hoping to get into a better program when that "magical" second trimester comes! Plus my job does require some amount of physical activity (feed store everything weighs 50lb) so i am staying active that way... not by choice lol

May 8th, 2012, 09:43 AM
bug, boo, n boogers mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am back at it with my trainer. I see him twice a week, and if I am feeling froggy I will go on my own the other 3 days and walk on the treadmill.

Thank's to lovinMyGirls for my awsome name siggy!

May 8th, 2012, 10:26 AM
crystalcherry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No exercise at all for me, drs orders. It is killing me. I had started exercising and lost a ton of weighy then got my BFP. Exercise actually helps Fibromyalgia as long as it's low impact. If i get the okay I will start doing some pg yoga in the second trimester.

May 8th, 2012, 10:29 AM
dickersons09's Avatar Expecting #2
No exercise here...I just don't feel like it and get out of breath so quick that it would almost be impossible. I chase my 2.5 ds around though, so I think that makes up for the lack of doing other things.
May 8th, 2012, 12:51 PM
ImperfectMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I exercise 5-6 days per week. I alternate between my elliptical, long brisk walks outside (if it's nice), yoga, and pilates. I've even thrown my pregnancy workout dvd's into the mix so I can get used to them (I have Perfect Pregnancy Workout Vol 1: Toning and Vol 2: Yoga - they're both surprisingly difficult, so I wanted to get an early start on them). I also walk the kiddo in his stroller with our two dogs for about 20 minutes every day and take him to the park or general walks outside about 375897433543908 times a day. Xander would live outside if I let him! haha.

I'm extremely fatigued most days (yay first tri!), but I find I feel better and more awake once I force myself to workout. It is a huge pita to put on workout clothes and just DO IT, but I'm always happy that I did.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search