weight?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 9th, 2012, 10:41 AM
ImperfectMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I gained 37 lbs with Xander, which is about 10 more than I wanted to gain. I hit the third tri and just gave up. lol. It was really hard for me to lose weight while breastfeeding, so I now know not to make the same mistake with this pregnancy and keep my weight gain down. So far with this one I've lost a pound.
May 9th, 2012, 11:03 AM
burnbot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't want to put on more than I need to either. I have been really sick lately which has kept me at my normal weight so far. But I am only 4'9" so that dr has already said that my baby will most likely be smaller than average just becuase I am small. We shall see!

May 9th, 2012, 11:08 AM
DawnVH's Avatar Supermom to Sid and Este
I gained 9 pounds with both of my past pregnancies. HOWEVER: I am already overweight. I"m 5'2" and weigh 160 so I'm about 30 pounds overweight already. I don't withhold food from myself as I know the baby needs it, but have just never gained a lot of weight...probably because of the extra pounds I already carry. Both of my children were also small: 4#11oz and 5#8oz. both born at 37 weeks due to a lot of preterm labor and we had meds to keep from having them earlier than 37 weeks.

I'm hoping I don't gain very much this pregnancy due to the extra weight I already have on me......and it's hard having babies in the winter in Iowa since I can't get out of the house and take the kids in the stroller to walk. So I look forward to losing some weight at the gym afterwards and then heading in for my boob lift and tummy tuck. (I told my husband after I was done with kids I would do this......where the money is coming from I have no idea....but cross your fingers we win the lottery. lol)
May 9th, 2012, 01:06 PM
The Jenn's Avatar Waiting for Baby #2!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nina9809 View Post
You are tiny! How tall are you? I hope I don't put on much weight. You hardly put on any - I bet you looked AMAZING!! I want to see a photo of you pregnant with your DD!!
I'm 5'8"...I have thyroid issues that keep me from putting on weight. People say I'm lucky, but it's not always a good thing! But thanks you! I will see if I can find a pic, I know I have one somewhere on JM.

*New Siggy Coming Soon!*

Jenn, mommy to Emma and Ruby.

May 9th, 2012, 01:39 PM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
For my daughter, I started around 165, lost 15ish in the beginning due to morning sickness, ended around 185.
(and I'm only 5'2" so I was overweight/obese to start with)

I lost it all plus some by the time she was 1 (probably much sooner), then started gaining it back when I stopped pumping at work (and started eating fast food again!). When she was 15 months I was 170 and started trying to lose weight again.

May 9th, 2012, 02:02 PM
nina9809's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jenn View Post
I'm 5'8"...I have thyroid issues that keep me from putting on weight. People say I'm lucky, but it's not always a good thing! But thanks you! I will see if I can find a pic, I know I have one somewhere on JM.
Wow, that is pretty skinny! I understand it might not be a good thing, but I wish I was that skinny! :-)

Thank you Kiliki... for my amazing siggie!
May 9th, 2012, 02:23 PM
Super Mommy
I gained 16 or 17 with my first, and my doctors said I wasn't gaining enough weight. This time I'm pretty sure I've already gained at least 5.

May 9th, 2012, 02:28 PM
Amari's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I gained 40 with my first, 35 with my second. I have already gained 13 lbs and I am only 8w 1d. I have twins in there though and I started at only 93 lbs and am 5' 4" so I needed to gain.

May 9th, 2012, 04:53 PM
The Jenn's Avatar Waiting for Baby #2!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nina9809 View Post
Wow, that is pretty skinny! I understand it might not be a good thing, but I wish I was that skinny! :-)
I posted a couple pictures...my skinny behind, lol, literally! Brings back memories. I can't wait o get a belly again!

*New Siggy Coming Soon!*

Jenn, mommy to Emma and Ruby.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search