When are you telling work?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 9th, 2012, 06:48 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
When are you telling people at work that you're expecting? How are you going to do it?

May 9th, 2012, 07:02 AM
** Tay **'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Dont have to worry about it this time around... But last time I told around this time - 8/9 weeks or so. I showed all the girls my U/S (well, put it up on my desk - it was a social office- and I knew they'd spot it right away)

May 9th, 2012, 07:12 AM
rlh27's Avatar Caleb's Mommy!
I'll tell my direct boss after the next u/s next Wednesday. I'll just walk into his office and tell him, lol. I work at a church, so it's not really a big deal.

May 9th, 2012, 07:27 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
We're planning on telling everyone this weekend and then make it Facebook official on Sunday. Since I have a few co-workers as Facebook friends, I'm planning on telling everyone at work on Monday. I'm a little unsure on how to do this, since I'm an external consultant at this company and don't work with a direct manager on a daily basis. I've actually only met her twice for about 15 minutes each time. So I'm thinking I'm just going to bring in some Panera bagels (yum!) and send out an email to everyone. I hope that will be ok.

May 9th, 2012, 07:30 AM
Nervous Newbie's Avatar Super Mommy
I am terrified of having to have this conversation. I work with a physician and I am the only audiologist here. Also their last audiologist left because of complications with pregnancy. So I have a feeling they will be pretty nervous when I do tell them. With that being said, I am planning on telling them in the next 2 or 3 weeks (if I can hide it that long.) Want to make it to my next appt ok and all.
My other job I am also kinda nervous about telling, because the main boss just got married and his wife is expecting and I don't want to take that excitement away from them. So I dunno, I may just keep quiet until someone asks lol.
May 9th, 2012, 07:34 AM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Like Tara, I don't have to worry about it this time around, but with my first, I told my boss at 14 weeks. She was super excited for me, but I was SO nervous. It was such a relief when the cat was out of the bag and I could explain all those abrupt exits from meetings (to throw up) that had happened in the months prior. Good luck telling your boss whenever you decide!
May 9th, 2012, 08:05 AM
nina9809's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I told my big boss early on as I had so many appointment and blood tests to get done and with me leaving the office that much, I needed a good excuse! I will tell the rest of the office in a couple of weeks I think. I have told a couple of my close colleagues already! I think everyone will just be happy for me!

Thank you Kiliki... for my amazing siggie!
May 9th, 2012, 08:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thankfully I've had low sugar issues so I've been using it as the reason for all the doctor's appointments and dizzy spells. I figured I'm not really lying since the "baby" is causing it to go lower than normal.

I usually don't tell until I can't hide it anymore. Praying I get through the next 4 weeks since I'd rather wait until after 12 week u/s. Though people were asking me when I plan on trying for #7 since my youngest was 3 yesterday and the last 5 have been 3 years apart. So it won't be a surprise when I do tell them.

May 9th, 2012, 08:21 AM
Super - Mommy's Avatar Super Mommy
My situation is hard because I'm a PSW and do home care. I'm out in the community working in clients homes and never see my boss. We only see the boss if we are having our annual "interview" "checkup" or if there is training at a new clients house for a lift or something, which is usually never. I think I won't say anything and just give three or four months notice probably for my parental leave.
May 9th, 2012, 08:28 AM
BrooklynBump's Avatar neurotic newbie
Im going to wait as long as possible. I dont work in a very family friendly industry so its not going to go over well. I figure the longer I can put it off, the better. Im not sure at what point it will be unavoidable but for a while they will probably just think Im getting fat.
May 9th, 2012, 08:54 AM
MarlowesMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I told them after my first ultrasound last week. I work in a small (but VERY busy) law firm, so the longer I hold off on telling them, the less time we have to hire and train someone to do my job when I'm off. Thus, it was more a courtesy thing for me than anything else.

Plus, my boss was the only one who didn't know, as my co-workers were already "in the know". (He's very boisterous/loud, so you know that as soon as you tell him, everyone in the adjacent three counties will also be aware.)

May 9th, 2012, 09:21 AM
Veteran
i didnt plan to tell our boss right off..but while i was mixing replacer for our doelings his wife came in to our bulk tank room and asked " can u come pick the 40 lb bag of soil up so i can bring to the green house' i kinda froze looked dumbfounded...well i said ill get hubby as we are expecting..she lit like a balloon...i am do on her birthday * and our ann* so words out there..our boss congrat came happily from him almost peed myself.....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search