Madison's VBAC - induced by Foley Bulb!!! PIC HEAVY!!! lol

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 9th, 2012, 12:55 PM
JennLynn_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had a FANTASTIC labour!!

I went in for my scheduled induction on Friday, May 4th at 8 am to be induced by the Foley Bulb.

THere were numerous "obstetrical emergencies" that morning and did not get the foley bulb inserted until about 1:30/1:45p.m. that day. It was a BORING, and anxious wait!! lol.

So we took some pics:

My doctor came in and inserted the foley bulb. It was all good. Not as uncomfortable as I thought it would be... until about 15 minutes after it was put in. Then I was cramping constantly as it opened my cervix. I was suddenly dizzy and in pain and felt terrible. They gave me Oxygen and some drugs that made me incredibly loopy.

So i slept on and off for a few hours.

At about... 4 p.m. (Ithink) the foley bulb fell out, I called my doctor. she checked me and I was 5 cm.

My dr broke my water at about 8/830.

The nurse told me I could get my epidural any time after that... I had considered going natural, but because of the unbearable pain I had felt earlier with just the foley bulb, I knew I wouldn't be able to tolerate the pain.

So I got my epidural at about 10:30ish. I loved the little button they gave me to dose myself up every time I felt any feeling come back. LoL.

I slept on and off through the night, they kept checking me, and I kept getting worried about the lack of change. But they said I was having contractions, I just couldn't feel them! lol.

They started me on Oxytocin around 3/4 am to make things progress further!

At about 8:45 the next morning they checked me and I was fully dilated. THey made me sit up in bed in a "frog leg" position to bring baby down more and I sat that way for awhile.

They had me start pushing about 10:15 a.m. (The epidural was a wonderful thing. I didn't feel any pain, I just felt "something") and....

Madison Leigh was born at 10:42 a.m. on May 5th, EST, weight 7lbs, 14 oz, 20 inches long, 9/9 Agpar. She came out screaming right away and they put her immediately on my chest before taking her to check her out, weigh her, etc.

It was SUCH a different experience than my c-section. I wouldn't change it for the world. And would never ever refuse an epidural if I ever do this again

http://JenniferDow.SBC90.com

Last edited by JennLynn_; May 9th, 2012 at 01:08 PM.
May 9th, 2012, 01:01 PM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Great story!! Congrats on having a VBAC!!

=May '05 and '11

May 10th, 2012, 05:53 PM
Bekah's Avatar happy 2 be a girl mommy!
congrats on a successful vbac she`s beautiful!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search