Poop, anyone?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 9th, 2012, 01:35 PM
The Jenn's Avatar Waiting for Baby #2!!
OMG, I am so constipated! Sorry, tmi, but I really want to poop!

*New Siggy Coming Soon!*

Jenn, mommy to Emma and Ruby.

May 9th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Super Mommy
Ha! I'll trade ya! I cant keep anything IN. Its awful. I cant eat anywhere but at home. Im tempted to take additional iron supplements. And its been like this since i found out i was pregnant Strange, its never happened with any other pregnancy. I hope you go soon!
May 9th, 2012, 02:30 PM
Amari's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Me too! I'm taking a senokot tonight.

May 9th, 2012, 02:45 PM
Crystalici0us4's Avatar Aubree Lynn's Mommy<3<3
I feel your pain!! In the beginning, I was going more than once a day. But now, I'm having such a hard time going!! I spent most of today feeling like I had to go, but everytime I tried, nothing. Finally, after a lot- and I mean A LOT of straining and pain, I was finally able to go. This has been going on for a couple of weeks. I cant find any of the things that were on the safe medications the list my doctor gave me anywhere, I've never heard of any of those things for constipation, and I don't know what else to do, but hope the problem fixes itself soon.
Mommy & Daddy's Princess
Aubree Lynn
November 15, 2012
May 9th, 2012, 02:49 PM
GOSHiLOVEYOU's Avatar Regular
I'm with you.... I go maybe once every 4-5 days and even then it's no relief... I hateee it because it makes me feel more intense morning sickness

May 9th, 2012, 03:01 PM
crystalcherry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sweetones prunes. They don't taste as bad as the other brands. Eat 3 and a fee gpases of water and things should start moving.
Mom to Jakob (10), Jarrett (9), and Elijah (4) and Tyler. (7 months) DH Cody
**always remembering my 3 angels*

May 9th, 2012, 03:02 PM
I'm totally feeling your pain! Week 5 was MISERABLE for me. I would wake up in the middle of the night with unbelievable constipation pain. My triage nurse told me to take Milk of Magnesia when it got that bad. I have taken it twice. I added in a fiber supplement (just some powder I throw in my protein shakes in the morning) and I've been snacking on prunes. It's horrible isn't it?!?!!?
May 9th, 2012, 03:04 PM
KarenHaley's Avatar Veteran
i didn't even realize i was until a few days ago. i had been feeling so fat and full and gross.. then i ran to the bathroom at work and i swear i dropped 6 lbs. gross, sorry, haha.

May 9th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Diamond2009's Avatar Boss Mama
OMG i had that at the beginning and it was painful. Hopefully it gets better
Mommy of 3 blessings here on earth
Juvon 16 Lyric 12 Janiyah 5
& 2 in heaven
Forever in our hearts
Lauren born sleeping July 5th 2012 at 18 weeks
Boo Boo's heart stopped beating at 13 weeks D&C Feb 2013
Miscarriage at 8 weeks 1 day November 27 2014

May 9th, 2012, 06:25 PM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I read your thread title and thought, "Nope, not here!"
I'm backed up too, I always get this way during pregnancy. :-/ Trying to keep up on the high fiber foods - I found this great organic raisin bran with like 9 grams of fiber per serving. It's the kind of food you need to eat while sitting on the toilet as my husband says. LOL

May 9th, 2012, 07:48 PM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
Right there with you. Wish I could go once a day instead of every few days and at that you'd think I'm eating like a mouse

Thank you for the amazing siggy *Kiliki*

May 9th, 2012, 07:53 PM
burnbot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've noticed that I go alot more too. In the morning when I wake up it is really painful but eventually I get relief. I haven't had to take any meds for it yet but I did notice that my prenatals have a mild stool softener so that may be why.

May 10th, 2012, 08:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
If you are on Zofran (or if anyone dealing with constipation is on it), maaaan that stuff will mess. you. up. in the pooping dept! LOL

When Im not on Zofran, I usually have the opposite problem during pregnancy. But with Zofran, if I didnt take my 3-4 Colace pills a day, I would go well over a week without going. It's horrible. Last week I woke up at 3am with the worst cramps of my life, I thought I was miscarrying because it felt like labor pains! But no... I was just so constipated and (TMI!!) I had to give myself an enema at 4am just to get relief.

Horrible, horrible, horrible!

Mommy to Charlotte (b. 12/15/2008)
and Clara (b. 11/28/2010)
and Benjamin (b. 12/11/2012)
and NUMBER4! (due 7/4/2015)

May 11th, 2012, 12:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It's awful. Probably my least favorite part of being pregnant.

May 11th, 2012, 04:57 AM
Ah ha it's the zofran grrrrr

May 11th, 2012, 05:09 AM
Super - Mommy's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm so glad this has not affected me...yet, and I hope it won't! One pregnancy symptom I actually don't have! Hope you can poop soon lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search