the dads

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 9th, 2012, 07:40 PM
Becky_78's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm married - but I just tacked his name on the end of my own. (I had already published under my maiden name, so professionally it made sense. Of course now I don't think the couch cares what my last name is...) The baby will only have his name

And he is so incredibly supportive & happy. It's crazy because when we first started talking about kids, he was less than luke warm on the idea, but now he is over the moon
Diamond2009 likes this.

photo(5) by rebwend, on Flickr

May 9th, 2012, 08:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We've been married for a year next Monday. I took his name, and the baby will too.

He's still in shock, I think. Though he seems better now. =/

May 9th, 2012, 08:18 PM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
are you married? Yes we are, found out I was pregnant the day after our 6th anniversary.

is he being supportive? is he excited? Yes he is being supportive. He is getting more excited, was still trying to be indifferent because out the m/c last time. But he's coming around now that I've made it farther than last time.

are you giving the baby his last name? Of course, I changed my name after we got married so no hyphenated names.

Thank you for the amazing siggy *Kiliki*

Last edited by taatie10; May 9th, 2012 at 09:11 PM.
May 9th, 2012, 08:51 PM
Christina(mommyof2)'s Avatar Army Wife
were engaged, eloping before baby, yes the baby will have his last name cuz i will too.. and hes very excited
May 9th, 2012, 10:43 PM
Crystalici0us4's Avatar Aubree Lynn's Mommy<3<3
We're not married, but we've been together for 9 years. He is being as supportive as he can be right now, this was a big shock for him. He is definitely getting better though. He told me he wanted me to name the baby after him if its a boy, which I didn't wanna do at first because he is a Jr and I didn't want my son to be a 3rd, but if that's what he wants, I will do it. Either way, the baby will have his last name
Mommy & Daddy's Princess
Aubree Lynn
November 15, 2012
May 10th, 2012, 05:40 AM
Wishinfor2ndblessing's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Wishinfor2ndblessing
We just celebrated our 2nd yr anniversary. DH is super excited and supportive.... Baby will definitely have his last name

A BIG thank you to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

May 10th, 2012, 05:50 AM
lex1078's Avatar Waiting patiently....
Married since June 2007. He's very supportive and yes, lo will have his last name.

May 10th, 2012, 07:08 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Proud Mommy!
We've been married for almost 2 years. I took his last name, as will baby. And he's very excited!

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and Landon!

{Our family blog}

May 10th, 2012, 07:48 AM
dickersons09's Avatar Expecting #2
Originally Posted by GOSHiLOVEYOU View Post
Not married... been dating for uhh 3 months almost 4.
Not the most perfect situation but he is very supportive and very excited to be a dad. Without his positive vibes and adoration for our unborn child (and me) I probably wouldn't have kept him/her. I consider myself very lucky that he wants to be a father.
The baby will be getting his last name
It may not be the ideal situation but everything happens for a reason. My DH and I had only been dating for 3 months when I got prego with ds...and we started dating when we met. We got engaged a month after I found out I was prego, married 2 months after that, and are going on 3 years and everything is going great!
May 10th, 2012, 08:25 AM
MarlowesMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Married 9 years in June to my high school sweetheart. I took his name because he really wanted me to, and despite the fact that HIS name doesn't lack for descendents to carry on the line (and ours does...with all females).

DD shares our last name. I was going to make my maiden name her middle name, but then I had a dream where I was calling her Marlowe Ruby, and it just stuck. Oh well.
Maggie - Proud Mommy to 2 Girls
May 10th, 2012, 08:31 AM
Married almost 3.5 years! and he is super excited and supportive, maybe even more than me (I think that's just because I am the one who is sick all the time though)... I took his last name when we got married, and the baby will have the same last name.

Expecting our First! Due Dec 4th, 2012
Nicole (me) 30, DH 27. Married >3 years.

1st Ultrasound 4/12 - Heartbeat 141! Measured 6w0d
2nd Ultrasound 5/24 - Heartbeat 153! Measured 12w4d, NT Scan looks good.
May 10th, 2012, 08:36 AM
nina9809's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are engaged but unsure when we will marry (pre or post baby). We have been together for 2.5 years and he is the absolute love of my life! I am very very happy with him. He is happy about the baby, but sometimes worried too (that we don't own a house together (I do) and that we are not already married). So he goes from being happy to being freaked out. I think this is normal though! I know he will be a wonderful father!

Thank you Kiliki... for my amazing siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search