the dads

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 9th, 2012, 03:02 PM
KarenHaley's Avatar Veteran
are you married? dating? single mama? is he being supportive? is he excited? are you giving the baby his last name? seems these days giving both last names has become something.

hope it's not too personal to ask!

May 9th, 2012, 03:12 PM
The Jenn's Avatar Waiting for Baby #2!!
Married for seven years and we all have his name. He is excited and supportive!

*New Siggy Coming Soon!*

Jenn, mommy to Emma and Ruby.

May 9th, 2012, 03:16 PM
Veteran
My sons father was never around it was a friends with benefits relationship. He has my last name and he has never met his father and he is 5 on the 15th. I have been with my daughters father for 4 years and she has his last name. The twins will take his last name. He is excited and has always been supportive.

May 9th, 2012, 03:18 PM
burnbot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am married and have been for 3 years. I have his last name and I know I will give my baby his last name. He is so excited and supportive. Sometimes he worries more than I do

May 9th, 2012, 03:19 PM
i'm single. the father of my kids left for mexico yesterday morning. we weren't exactly together before he left. he was the love of my life, i just wasn't his. he was deported, so if i do ever see him again it will be because he sneaks back. it's been a sad couple of days. my daughter has his name, this one will also.

May 9th, 2012, 03:21 PM
LindseyF's Avatar Expecting 2nd Dec Baby!
Married for 7.5 yrs. Took his last name, as did Zayd. He's still surprised, worried, etc, but supportive nonetheless!
May 9th, 2012, 03:25 PM
Super Mommy
I am not "legally" married. The father of this baby is my ex husband, also the father of my other children, except for my youngest. Following me??? lol....We seperated/divorced, in that time i had another relationship, conceived my daughter, but when i was only 6 weeks pregnant DH and i decided to work things out. He was there through my entire pregnancy, she does not know her biological father, nor do my other children know she even has a different father. That'll be for a much later day! She has DH's last name, he is on her birth cert, etc. We are going to legally remarry before this baby is born....probably in July. We have been together for 7 yrs, minus the 6 months we seperated. And yes, he is very excited and always supportive
May 9th, 2012, 03:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Married.... he's over the moon excited! And he's wonderful about it... right down to rubbing my feet after work every night!

Oh and I took my husband's last name and our babies will have it too....

Last edited by BeckyBozeman; May 9th, 2012 at 03:58 PM.
May 9th, 2012, 03:32 PM
** Tay **'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am married and have my husbands last name as will this baby...
We were not yet married when DD was born, but she has his last name

Hes so excited! Nervous, of course... but ecstatic. Im lovin that he keeps givin me belly "taps" lately

Last edited by ** Tay **; May 9th, 2012 at 05:16 PM.
May 9th, 2012, 04:00 PM
LOVE is...being a Mommy
I am married and have both my and my husband's last name. Baby will have both of our last names as well. DH is beyond supportive, super excited, and worries enough for the both of us!

May 9th, 2012, 04:04 PM
rlh27's Avatar Caleb's Mommy!
I'm married and I have DH's name, and so will baby. He has been amazingly supportive and can't wait to meet our little one!
May 9th, 2012, 04:26 PM
Amari's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Married, our 8 year anniversary is this month! Myself and our first two have his name, and the twins will as well!

May 9th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Diamond2009's Avatar Boss Mama
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenHaley View Post
i'm single. the father of my kids left for mexico yesterday morning. we weren't exactly together before he left. he was the love of my life, i just wasn't his. he was deported, so if i do ever see him again it will be because he sneaks back. it's been a sad couple of days. my daughter has his name, this one will also.
I'm sorry things didnt work out for you guys and that he got deported I know how hard that would be. Are you going to bring the kids to visit him in Mexico?? Does he want anything to do with the kids?

I'm living common law with my youngest DD's father. My first 2 have a different dad but he treats them just like his own. My youngest DD has both mine and his last name and so will this baby.

Forever in our hearts
Lauren born sleeping July 5th 2012 at 18 weeks
Boo Boo's heart stopped beating at 13 weeks D&C Feb 2013

Hoping & praying for our rainbow baby after 2 back to back 2nd trimester losses

May 9th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Megan30's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'll be married 13 years this year to an amazingly supportive husband. I have both my last name and his but the kids only have his.
May 9th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond2009 View Post
I'm sorry things didnt work out for you guys and that he got deported I know how hard that would be. Are you going to bring the kids to visit him in Mexico?? Does he want anything to do with the kids?
He wants to come back asap. He was so upset to leave in the first place. He hasn't been to Mexico since he was young, so I fear for him when he gets there. He didn't have much money when he left with just a backpack of clothes and personal things. =(

He loves our daughter and she is over the moon about him. He used to watch her while I worked when she was newborn and they grew a strong bond. This new baby was a big surprise to us because we knew he had to leave. He was really upset at first, I think because of the whole situation, but now he wants to try to come back before the baby gets here.

I actually got a text from Mexico as soon as I posted and it said that he loves us, misses us, and wants to be with us soon. I couldn't reply cause my phone isn't fancy or anything. =(

May 9th, 2012, 05:32 PM
Veteran
Married, and yes - he's very excited!

May 9th, 2012, 05:38 PM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We've been married for 8 years and he is super excited for #3! He is very supportive and I am really lucky to have him picking up the slack right now. As I write this, he's running out to a Mexican restaurant to pick up some food with the kids to give me a break and make it so I don't have to cook. I love him so much!
The baby will have his last name, I took his last name when we got married.
May 9th, 2012, 05:39 PM
GOSHiLOVEYOU's Avatar Regular
Not married... been dating for uhh 3 months almost 4.
Not the most perfect situation but he is very supportive and very excited to be a dad. Without his positive vibes and adoration for our unborn child (and me) I probably wouldn't have kept him/her. I consider myself very lucky that he wants to be a father.
The baby will be getting his last name

May 9th, 2012, 05:41 PM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenHaley View Post
Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry to hear. There I was just going on about my husband and you are dealing with this. Sending hugs.
May 9th, 2012, 06:18 PM
Diamond2009's Avatar Boss Mama
Awww such a sweet text. At least he wants to reassure you guys that he loves you. Deportation is never easy. If you marry him cant you sponsor him back.

Forever in our hearts
Lauren born sleeping July 5th 2012 at 18 weeks
Boo Boo's heart stopped beating at 13 weeks D&C Feb 2013

Hoping & praying for our rainbow baby after 2 back to back 2nd trimester losses

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search