When can I tell everyone we're pregnant???

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 9th, 2012, 03:49 PM
that_girl's Avatar Veteran
I know everyone has a different answer but I just wanna know when you all plan to tell your extended family about your impending bundle of joy?? My first Dr appointment is in less than a week. Im almost 10 weeks, we haven't had an ultrasound and/or even attempted a doppler yet. What I wanna know is when can I tell all these people the good news??
May 9th, 2012, 04:29 PM
Amari's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It is so personal. We ended up telling people with this one sooner than expected because I am so huge already, these are babies #3 and 4 but I had a pregnancy when I was young too. But we are telling dh's brothers in two weeks because they live out of state and we want to tell them in person when we see them. So, some know some don't! I guess I would say after your first apt which is coming up would be great!

May 9th, 2012, 04:38 PM
Diamond2009's Avatar Boss Mama
I agree....after you have your ultrasound and you know for sure everything is perfect then you could tell everyone ....thats what i plan on doing. I have my first OB appointment next Tuesday and U/S hopefully not to long after...then i will tell everyone.

Forever in our hearts
Lauren born sleeping July 5th 2012 at 18 weeks
Boo Boo's heart stopped beating at 13 weeks D&C Feb 2013

Hoping & praying for our rainbow baby after 2 back to back 2nd trimester losses

May 9th, 2012, 04:59 PM
The Jenn's Avatar Waiting for Baby #2!!
I told the whole world the day I got my BFP. Crazy, I know, but I couldn't contain it.

*New Siggy Coming Soon!*

Jenn, mommy to Emma and Ruby.

May 9th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We made a facebook announcement after we had our 9 week ultrasound. Everybody knew we were trying so it wasn't gonna stay secret very long!

May 9th, 2012, 05:27 PM
LindseyF's Avatar Expecting 2nd Dec Baby!
It depends on what you feel comfortable with. My family thought I was insane for waiting till my 13th week to announce my 1st pregnancy. Weeks later my sister got pregnant, announced it that day, and ... well, you know where I'm goin' with that. This time, my midwife scheduled an u/s at 8 wks to confirm a HB, & I'll likely announce it after that, since after 8 wks your chance drops drastically (and are almost non-existent after 13 wks of course).
May 9th, 2012, 05:34 PM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think it's so personal as to when to decide. For us, we were originally going to wait until June (around 14-15 weeks) when we go up to visit my parents but now, I don't think I can wait that long. We are having the nuchal screen in the next couple weeks and will probably announce right after that, so around 12 weeks or so. I'm so excited and can't wait to tell!
May 9th, 2012, 05:43 PM
GOSHiLOVEYOU's Avatar Regular
I've told close friends.. my boyfriend has told EVERYONEEE he knows/meets.

I just today told my sister... have not told my parents and I don't plan on telling my father until I'm around 6-7 months and I was thinking of telling my mother for mothers day.

I'll tell extended family and friends right before the baby shower...

I'm just really nervous of something going wrong and everyone thinking I was faking/knowing something went wrong

May 9th, 2012, 07:06 PM
The Truth is out There
We are waiting until 12 wks, I think. If everything goes well at the appt next week, we might tell some people earlier. Only a handful of people know now.

We won't be shouting it out to Facebook before 12 weeks, just in case.

May 9th, 2012, 08:03 PM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
We have told a few very close friends and my parents and sister. We're telling In laws on Friday.

The rest I think we will wait till about 12 weeks. But at the rate I'm going I might be showing more noticeable before then. SO not sure.

Thank you *JMC1988* for the perfect siggy

My Ovulation Chart
May 10th, 2012, 03:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I told my family the day I found out Lol! And Dh's family the next day. I only made or public 2 weeks ago? Can't remember.
May 10th, 2012, 04:18 AM
mummy2jade's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mummy2jade
I am waiting until after my 12 week scan and then will decide on when to tell. My sister is due to give birth she is 38 weeks today so willwait until after she has had her baby probably and then tell xx
May 10th, 2012, 06:03 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
We told our parents and siblings right away when we found out. We're actually planning on telling our grandparents this weekend and then making it Facebook official on Mother's Day and telling work on Monday.

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby #2 in February!

{Our family blog}

May 10th, 2012, 08:14 AM
nina9809's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm getting a bit bored of waiting and have been telling random people (but telling them it's a secret). Due to having three miscarriages in the past I plan on waiting until the 2nd trimester for actually announce to the world - if I can manage that!! lol. My close friends all know (the ones I would want there for me if I were to miscarry). I want to tell everyone! lol

Thank you Kiliki... for my amazing siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search