Strollers

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 9th, 2012, 06:50 PM
Diamond2009's Avatar Boss Mama
Have you decided what kind of stroller you are going with ? Since i had my last baby they came up with some snap and go stollers and alot are smaller then they use to be making them more convenient,

What kind of stroller do you have your eyes on??

Forever in our hearts
Lauren born sleeping July 5th 2012 at 18 weeks
Boo Boo's heart stopped beating at 13 weeks D&C Feb 2013

Hoping & praying for our rainbow baby after 2 back to back 2nd trimester losses

May 9th, 2012, 06:54 PM
LindseyF's Avatar Expecting 2nd Dec Baby!
I purchased 1 of every type of stroller when I was pregnant, not knowing which I'd like. Ended up almost exclusively using a simple stroller frame to snap the infant carrier into for the first 6 months, after which my big guy got so heavy, I had to switch to a convertible carseat, & then began using a slim but roomy Peg Pereggo ever since!
May 9th, 2012, 06:55 PM
crystalcherry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hated the travel system I had with Elijah. Jakob was in Children's for 6 months after he was born and I was just 3 months away from having Jarrett so I never used the one I had for him. I bought a Jeep double stroller and it was like driving a tank. I want something that is easy to load in the car, easy to drive and looks cute. I haven't evrn started looking yet

May 9th, 2012, 07:00 PM
Becky_78's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Living in NYC, the stroller decision is like a car decision everywhere else.

It's either going to be Stokke Xplory (which I love but doesn't have a lot of storage area underneath), the UPPAbaby Vista (which I think may be the front runner), or the Bugaboo Cameleon. The DH and I haven't tried them out yet - but another large concern is going to be adjustable handles since I'm 5ft and he's 6'2"
lex1078 likes this.

photo(5) by rebwend, on Flickr

May 9th, 2012, 07:06 PM
Diamond2009's Avatar Boss Mama
Beck ...you have those names down pack. At least your one step ahead of the game.

I want some small but cute with lots of storage. I seen a few being pushed around the mall and wish i stopped the woman to ask what kind they were.

Forever in our hearts
Lauren born sleeping July 5th 2012 at 18 weeks
Boo Boo's heart stopped beating at 13 weeks D&C Feb 2013

Hoping & praying for our rainbow baby after 2 back to back 2nd trimester losses

May 9th, 2012, 07:09 PM
Veteran
I have been looking into strollers. By the time the twins arrive my daughter will be 21 months so she would still need to be in the stroller a lot of the time so I was thinking of a twin stroller with a toddler seat attachment that goes onto the handles but its very expensive so i might just not buy one this time around haha.

May 9th, 2012, 07:22 PM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With my first born, we got a Bugaboo Cameleon. It was great when we used it, but my son spent most of his time in the baby carrier. With #2, we needed a double stroller, so I bought the City Select by Baby Jogger. It's a fantastic stroller and I wish that I had bought it with my first because it maneuvers the same as a Bugaboo but can be converted to a double stroller. I knew I wanted more than one child so I wish I had had the foresight.
This time, we'll continue to use the City Select and I also had a double jogging stroller that we take on vacations and hiking. The baby will probably spend a lot of time in a baby carrier like my other two.

May 9th, 2012, 07:42 PM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
I want big wheels for easy going on dirt and rocks, and something neutral pattern. A 5 point harness buckle just like the car seats. One hand fold up is a must. A big basket for stuff and a cup holder for my bottle of water I always have with me.

Graco Alano Travel System Stroller - Roman - Graco - Babies "R" Us

of this if I want to spend a little more

Eddie Bauer Adventurer Sport Travel System Stroller - Charter Atlantic Blue - Eddie Bauer - Babies "R" Us

Thank you *JMC1988* for the perfect siggy

My Ovulation Chart
May 9th, 2012, 07:46 PM
burnbot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I got a really awesome deal on a used stroller from my neighbor. I am just gonna use that I think. Pregnancy on a budget! lol

May 9th, 2012, 07:46 PM
Crystallee's Avatar Host of the Dec 2012 PR
We are getting the first years indigo stroller.

Thanks kiliki for my siggie!
May 10th, 2012, 03:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I've got a Baby Jogger City Select. LOVE it! I got it when I was pregnant with my son.

The reason j picked it was if is one of the only double/single strollers that doesn't have the second child sitting in the basket. I wanted the Uppa Baby Vista but alas the second child is in the basket.

I have the glider board for the City Select so I will be able to use one atrolr with all 3 kids
May 10th, 2012, 06:00 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
Ok I'm happy to hear that two of you have the City Stroller and love it, because my mom won one for me! So that's what we'll be using.
::MummyToThree:: and lex1078 like this.

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting a baby boy in February!

{Our family blog}

May 10th, 2012, 06:11 AM
dickersons09's Avatar Expecting #2
We bought the Graco Sit to Stand deluxe double stroller....we purchased it last month :-) We did have the Chicco travel system with ds and LOVED it!!! Easy to clean and it had the adjustable handle!
May 10th, 2012, 07:05 AM
MarlowesMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Double jogging stroller. Used on Craigslist. Total behemoth, but absolutely necessary for the kind of "walking" we get to do around here...because THIS is where I live.

So yeah, it requires som massive all-terrain wheels to get by. No namby pamby "city" wheels for this girl.
Becky_78 likes this.
May 10th, 2012, 07:32 AM
Regular
Jealous of that photo, MarlowesMum!

Expecting our First! Due Dec 4th, 2012
Nicole (me) 30, DH 27. Married >3 years.

1st Ultrasound 4/12 - Heartbeat 141! Measured 6w0d
2nd Ultrasound 5/24 - Heartbeat 153! Measured 12w4d, NT Scan looks good.
May 10th, 2012, 07:53 AM
MarlowesMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by eegrl View Post
Jealous of that photo, MarlowesMum!

Upside of living in BFE: ultimate solitude. ability to run around in one's underwear without having to close curtains. fresh air. hiking/hunting out one's back door.
Downside: no Red Robin or Target within 100 miles. Sigh...
May 10th, 2012, 07:59 AM
** Tay **'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Have a Chicco travel system an loved it with DD. thinking about maybe getting a Sit and Stand... Not sure yet. She rarely rides in a stroller now- and I assume she will even less by the time the baby's born- however... It would make it easer to keep track I her while we're out

May 10th, 2012, 08:50 AM
KarenHaley's Avatar Veteran
i bought a safety first stroller for my first child, i hated it so much i went and bought a graco travel system and loved it.

so since i loved the graco so much the first time, this time i am getting the graco ready2grow stand and ride stroller for my two babies!
lex1078 likes this.

May 10th, 2012, 08:54 AM
dickersons09's Avatar Expecting #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ** Tay ** View Post
Have a Chicco travel system an loved it with DD. thinking about maybe getting a Sit and Stand... Not sure yet. She rarely rides in a stroller now- and I assume she will even less by the time the baby's born- however... It would make it easer to keep track I her while we're out
Even if I just had one child I love the sit to stand. It gives them so many options to keep them from getting cranky while out and about.
** Tay ** likes this.
May 10th, 2012, 09:23 AM
** Tay **'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hmmm... I wonder what brand sit and stand a Chicco Keyfit 30 would fit in?? Anyone know?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search