Due date and measurement Question?!?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lex1078

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 10th, 2012, 01:46 PM
Regular
Measuring small or not? I thought I was 7w 2d and at first U/S the baby measured 6w 6d. Changed due date from 23rd to 26th.

Anyone get differing due dates?

May 10th, 2012, 01:53 PM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
Yeah, at my first appointment I thought I was 7w3d and she said I measured right at 7 weeks. So they moved my due date from the 18th to the 21st.

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting a baby boy in February!

{Our family blog}

May 10th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Nervous Newbie's Avatar Super Mommy
At my 2nd appt they measured me at 8 weeks and I though I was only 7 so bumped my due date up a week from Dec. 3 to Nov. 30.
May 10th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Regular
Does it mean we ovulated at a later or eariler date I guess?

May 10th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Super Mommy
With my first I measured 3 days off, but my doctors didn't change the due date.

May 10th, 2012, 03:10 PM
lex1078's Avatar Waiting patiently....
Measuring early/late is just a guesstimate and it can be off by a few days, especially this early in the game. It's nothing to worry about.

If I go by LMP, I'm due 12/20. If I go by the u/s measurement I'm due 12/16. So, I'm just using the middle date of 12/18.
Butterbear likes this.

May 10th, 2012, 04:58 PM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My first u/s, the baby was 5 days behind and my second, the baby was 2 days ahead. They kept my due date going off my ovulation date which is Dec 3rd.

May 11th, 2012, 12:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
The first dating ultrasound is the most accurate.

I had an ultrasound a few weeks ago (to date the pregnancy as I didn't know when my lmp was) and I was measuring 8w5d. I had my first OB appt today and he did a scan to double check and I was 10w6d (should have been 10w5d) so a day ahead. My due date isn't moving as he even said the first is the most accurate.
May 11th, 2012, 07:14 AM
nina9809's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When it is so early, it is very hard to measure as it is so small. My doctor measures it a few times to come up with exactly where I am..... lol....

Later on in the pregnancy it is easier to measure. Don't move your due date around early on.....

Thank you Kiliki... for my amazing siggie!
May 11th, 2012, 09:03 AM
MarlowesMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My EDD moved from 12/10 (LMP) to 12/11 based upon the ultrasound scan. That's not a huge difference, but I'm not surprised as I know precisely when I ovulated. I think if you know your actual ovulation time - you can pinpoint your EDD with some fairly good accuracy right off of the bat. Ultimately, it's just up to baby as to when he/she wants to come - so I guess we can't get too wrapped up in those dates anyway.
May 11th, 2012, 09:14 AM
Butterbear's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The baby's growth can vary in those first few weeks so I wouldn't worry too much about a matter of a few days. My first child was due on 10/11 by LMP / ovulation, an early u/s changed the due date to 10/5 and he didn't come until 10/21 (and he had to be evicted!)
May 11th, 2012, 12:23 PM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree with Butterbear, the baby's growth varies SO much during the first tri that it's really hard to pin point by ultrasound. All my babies measured behind between 7 and 8 weeks and ahead either before or after. My first born which was from an IVF cycle was 5 days behind at 8 weeks and we knew (to the hour!) how old he was. Once we got into the second trimester, he began to measure 2 weeks ahead. He was all over the place in growth and was born at 39.4 weeks healthy.
My second born was 6 days behind at 7 1/2 weeks, but measured ahead at 6 weeks and at 10 weeks. She was born 13 days over her due date and had to be evicted.
This little one was 5 days behind at 7 1/2 weeks but ahead at 10. Because I knew the ovulation date and because of my history of that lag time, we used that.
I guess the only way to really know your due date with complete accuracy is if you know the day that you ovulated.

May 11th, 2012, 12:37 PM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
For my daughter, my due date by LMP was June 1. My first u/s (~6w) gave me a due date of May 27. 3 weeks later another u/s put me at May 28, and I think another one around 12w put me at May 26. They never changed my official due date from June 1, but I always considered it May 27. They said they wouldn't change it unless it was more than a week different. I measured ahead the whole pregnancy, but my DD had to be "kicked out" (induced a week after my official due date).

But anyways, that's why it's just "estimated."

May 11th, 2012, 06:49 PM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
My due date changed 3 times from what I was guessing when I first found out. I thought 12/20 then to my Dr's guess based on my quants of 12/21, then first US moved it to 12/19 based on gestational sac size. Then my 6 week US moved it to its official date of 12/18.

Then at my 8 week US baby was measuring 2 days ahead but we arent changing the date anymore.

Thank you *JMC1988* for the perfect siggy

My Ovulation Chart

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search