I'm Not Sure I Can Wait 2 More Weeks.....

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 10th, 2012, 07:37 PM
rucca1002's Avatar Veteran
I had my first appointment last week, at 8 weeks. The appointment was as expected -- more reviewing everything and discussing the pregnancy. She didn't check for a heartbeat which surprised me a little but I know that 8 weeks is very early. However, my next appointment isn't until the 25th. That will be an ultrasound as well as a follow up appointment. I will be 11 weeks at that point.

My problem.... in the last couple of days, my symptoms seem to have diminished a lot so I am now worried that something is wrong. I am really afraid that when I go there on the 25th, there won't be a heartbeat. So, do I get a doppler and hope I can find it myself for piece of mind (knowing full well I will freak out more if I can't find it), call the doctor and see if I can get in sooner or just wait the two weeks?

What would you do?

Thanks!!
May 10th, 2012, 07:42 PM
burnbot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It might be all in your head. I would try not to worry too much because even if you get a doppler it is still early to be able to hear the hb. We didn't get to hear it at
our fist visit either and my next appt is also on the 25th. Try not to worry too much.

May 10th, 2012, 07:59 PM
Crystalici0us4's Avatar Aubree Lynn's Mommy<3<3
I also had my first appointment last week. I was 8 weeks as well, I will be 9 weeks tomorrow. I didn't get an u/s either, and I at least wanted to hear my baby's heartbeat. But my ob said it was too early at that time to hear the heartbeat on a doppler. I was also surpirsed they wouldn't do an u/s on the first appointment, because I think it should be something they do on the first appointment to make sure everything is as it should be, God forbid something was wrong, they'd be letting me wait & think everything is good n then when I finally get the u/s, something is wrong. That's just thoughts I have in my head, cuz as much as I try to be positive about anything, my mind always slips doubts in there and my imagination takes off. However, I'm telling myself everything is FINE, and that I'm just being stupid. My first u/s is May 16, I cant wait!
May 10th, 2012, 08:08 PM
Diamond2009's Avatar Boss Mama
Your not the only one who thinks like that. I'm 9 weeks and 3 days...i have my first OB appointment on Tuesday and who knows when my first U/S will be. I'm definately going to ask to hear the heartbeat at least because like you i keep thinking what if what if...i know its not healthy but i cant help to think that its scary....just hang in there. I'm sure everything is alright
Forever in our hearts
Lauren born sleeping July 5th 2012 at 18 weeks
Boo Boo's heart stopped beating at 13 weeks D&C Feb 2013

May 10th, 2012, 08:11 PM
Regular
I would call dr and ask the nurse/assistant if there were any way possible you could move the appt up a week or so.
I had 1st appt at 7wk and he did a vaginal U/S and we saw the hb. Definately worth the peace of mind I think...

May 10th, 2012, 08:45 PM
Tammyms's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
For me I wouldn't be getting a doppler just because it is early to hear a heartbeat on the home monitors and I'd hate for you to stress if you couldn't find it.

My 1st u/s isn't until next Thurs and I'm having a hard time with that too! I can't believe docs make us wait so long

Make a pregnancy ticker
May 10th, 2012, 09:00 PM
Veteran
My last appointment with my dr was a month ago. My ultrasound was 2 weeks ago and I still have to wait another 2 weeks (25th also) to see my dr again. I am scared that I may have lost both or one twin since my symptoms are almost gone. Hopefully all it means that we are getting farther into our pregnancies and get to enjoy it.

May 10th, 2012, 09:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My doc said today that you can't dependably pick up a hb on doppler until after 10 weeks. So I wouldn't get one yet, it could just end up causing more stress.

Daffney

May 11th, 2012, 01:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
When I lived in the US I didn't get to hear the HB on the Doppler at an Ob appt until after 14 weeks.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search