Changing Tables

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 10th, 2012, 09:11 PM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
Is it even worth getting a changing table?
I cant make up my mind if I want to get one or just not even bother.

Opinions?/

Thank you *JMC1988* for the perfect siggy

My Ovulation Chart
May 10th, 2012, 10:36 PM
Crystallee's Avatar Host of the Dec 2012 PR
I don't think I would want ONLY a changing table. We are getting a dresser and putting a changing pad on top so it is multipurpose. I think it makes life easier in the baby stage, but not necessarily the toddler stage so that is why I want to be able to just remove the pad and back to a dresser it goes.

Thanks kiliki for my siggie!
May 10th, 2012, 11:35 PM
that_girl's Avatar Veteran
I never used one. I changed DD on a changing pad wherever she happened to be at the moment......like on the bed, on the floor, on the sofa, on the coffee table, in the back seat of the car, ect.
May 11th, 2012, 03:27 AM
Veteran
i had 1 for my daughter..never used it..didnt buy one for my son..and i dont think we will buy one now either..i did the same..pad on the couch bed..car etc...so much easier and saved that bit of cash for all the diapers!!

May 11th, 2012, 05:19 AM
crystalcherry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I didn't have one with the first 2. I had the changing table/dresser combo with Elijah and only used it the first month or so.

May 11th, 2012, 05:32 AM
dickersons09's Avatar Expecting #2
I had one with ds and used it all the time until he was too long for it! We have animals do I didnt like changing him on the couch or floor. They make crib/changing table combos or like the others said-just out a pad on a dresser! That's what we did once ds got too long for the changing table!
May 11th, 2012, 06:05 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
I think we'll be doing the dresser/changing pad combo.

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby #2 in February!

{Our family blog}

May 11th, 2012, 06:08 AM
MarlowesMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We bought one and used it until she was done with diapers! (So for 2 whole years.) I just liked the ease of having a ready-set area to diaper change. Knowing me, I'd have to track down a changing pad, find the wipes, and invariably get poop on something if I didn't have a changing table. The table worked great for us, and we bought one that matches our bedroom furniture, so it looks great as well.
May 11th, 2012, 06:11 AM
DawnVH's Avatar Supermom to Sid and Este
I liked mine just for extra storage underneath due to my kids sharing a room and it gave extra storage space. If I could have afforded it, I would have probably got the dresser/change table option rather than just the table so it would be able to be used later on as well. however, after a certain point (around 6-7 months) I always ended up changing them on the floor on their boppy pillow since they start squirming a little more during the changes....
May 11th, 2012, 06:42 AM
Super - Mommy's Avatar Super Mommy
I think it is a waste of money IMO. I mostly just used the crib or bed!
May 11th, 2012, 06:47 AM
lex1078's Avatar Waiting patiently....
In Max's room, which is upstairs, we use the top of his dresser and downstairs we actually use a piece of furniture in the dining room. Before the dining room, we just used the part of the Pack N Play that was a changing station, then he got to big for it.

May 11th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Megan30's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I thought my husband was ingenious. He bought this really old record player stand (about the size of a small dresser) and painted it white and we put the changing pad on top. It was so cool because it had slots (meant for records) that the diapers went perfectly into and also a drawer. We kept it downstairs in the living room as it was rather pretty and we never found ourselves going upstairs just to change a diaper.
May 11th, 2012, 09:59 AM
Veteran
We used a changing pad on the dresser. So nice because once she was potty trained I took the pad off and now it just has whatever on it, books, toys, etc.
May 11th, 2012, 10:57 AM
lilemma86's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think i will be doing the pad on top of the dresser thing too.

May 11th, 2012, 11:42 AM
Super Mommy
I didn't buy one with my first. I either change him on the one that's attached to the pack n' play, or just change him wherever.

May 11th, 2012, 12:36 PM
** Tay **'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We did changing pad on the dresser. Didn't use it every time- but occasionally. More often- we changed her wherever we were (I just had dipes and wipes in my usually spots- living room, my room, car, and obvi her room with the changing pad)

Ill do the same this time... An entirely separate piece of furniture seems like a waste to me... Once she was too squirmy to be change up there it just became her normal dresser

May 11th, 2012, 12:41 PM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
We have one and use it all the time, but it's approaching the end of it's usefulness now since my DD is reaching the weight limit. I like having it for the storage for stuff. At the time we bought it, it was cheaper than the nice dresser I wanted that I could put a changing pad on top of.

May 11th, 2012, 02:16 PM
burnbot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think I will also go with the pad on dresser combo. I know I will need as much room as I can get

May 11th, 2012, 02:18 PM
LindseyF's Avatar Expecting 2nd Dec Baby!
Used his dresser/changing table combo for the first 6 months, but oftentimes changed him elsewhere in the house on a pad. Ater 6 months he got so wiggly it made me nervous to have him at that height!
May 11th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to countryjewelsc
with our first son, i got the crib with attached changing table. to be honest, we never used it. we always use a waterproof pad on the couch or floor.

at night, when they were still pooping at every feeding, i was nursing them in my bed, so we'd just change diapers there then put them back to bed

www.facebook.com/babylovecustoms, specializing in custom embroidery for children.

Make a pregnancy ticker

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search