Jordan James - May 5th, 2012

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By cavewoman

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 20th, 2012, 01:42 PM
cavewoman's Avatar our miracle is here!! <3
Little man was due April 28th, 2012 but must have been quite cozy in there because he refused to come out on his own. At my 40 week appt I was 40 weeks and 2 days (Tuesday) and the doctor I saw scheduled me for an induction for that Friday (May 4th) at 40 weeks and 6 days.

I was supposed to go to the hospital at 1:30pm but when I called in 1 hour before to check, they told me I could not come in yet. They called back a few hours later and said I could go ahead and come in. We took our sweet time for whatever reason and showed up to the hospital around 4pm.

I got put into a room around 4:30pm and they started the induction about an hour later. They checked me and I was 2-3 cm and about 60% efface. They started me on cytotec, just 1/4 of a pill. 4 hours later, no progress really except maybe 80% effaced so they gave me another 1/2 a pill.
4 hours later, same thing so I got another 1/2 a pill. 4 hours later, same thing so another 1/2 a pill.

Shortly after I ended up having some REALLY painful contractions. I had been having contractions all along, but they were ones I could sleep through and clearly not doing much of anything. So these contractions were quite miserable and I had Jeff go call the nurse in to check me because I thought SURELY something had to be happening. She came in, checked me and I was at 3.5 cm at 8:30am.
I felt like a wimp doing so, but I went ahead and decided to take the epi at that point. Thank goodness I did because by the time they got the guy in to give me the epi and checked me immediately after I was at 4 to 5cm at around 9am.

Looking back at the time frames it feels kind of spread out.. but at the time it all felt like it went very quickly except for the overnight nothing happening thing.

At around 10:30 or 10:45am ish I was about 8cm, and then almost 10cm at around 11:30am. The nurse was having me take turns on either side to try and help "fix" baby's position I guess but I couldn't lay on my left side because his heart rate would drop whenever I did. They put me on a little oxygen at one point because on our 2nd or 3rd try putting me on my left his heart rate wasn't recovering as quickly or something. It's all a little fuzzy to me.

I didn't have an overwhelming "I want to push" feeling yet, but just before 1pm the nurse asked me if I wanted to try pushing, so I agreed.. and wow! Pushing felt SO much better than not pushing. lol
I never got to press the button on the epi during all of the pushing for whatever reason.. but I certainly was feeling those contractions and not pushing was pretty miserable. We took a lil break maybe 10-15 min at one point because I was having a hard time getting little man past a certain point down there but quickly decided to just keep pushing because it felt better. He was posterior and I was I guess experiencing back labor.. not very fun.

I wanted to kick the doctor in the face so badly. He would not be quiet and kept asking if I had done this before, because I was such a good pusher. He even asked if I played lacrosse at one point.. like, what is wrong with this man??

On my 2nd to last "round" of pushes I was yelling out "I CANT!!" and the doc is like "yes you can" and I'm like "No, the stupid blood pressure machine happens to go off every time its time for me to push!!!" lol and he says "oh, yeah.. that can be kind of annoying."

Sometime just before he was born the doc made a little snip down there.. I had no idea it was even happening at the time til afterwards.

So anyway, I pushed til 2:21pm when little man made his appearance! He had the cord loosely
wrapped around his neck, but doc just unwraveled it and acted like it was no reason to be concerned in the least. He said it was a very healthy looking cord. Our little guy was a slippery little thing, and doc took FOREVER to finally plop (yes, he plopped him) onto my belly.

All I kept saying was "oh my goodness" over and over and then I finally said something different, lol and said "look at your wrinkly little fingers." So not what I expected to come out of my mouth when I ever thought about what I might say when he was born. I held him for a while as they dried him off and then I let them take him to weigh him and all that because I was so curious to see how big he was.

He wouldn't cooperate for the nurses and kept wiggling around so it took what seemed like forever to get his weight and height. 7lbs 12.3oz and he was 21.5 inches long!

After he was cleaned up they brought him back to me and a really nice nurse I had seen once before came in to help me attempt to breast feed for the first time and it went really well I thought! He latched right on, which I guess shouldn't have surprised us since DH held him for a few minutes between the clean up and me holding him again and little guy was trying to locate a nipple through his shirt. lol

Anddd... I guess that's it! We still can't believe he's here some days, and he is just this perfect little being! Oh! And DH literally watched the whole thing, from the "southern region" and helped hold my legs during pushing. He didn't even flinch, I couldn't believe it!!
OutlawQueen, Leogirl and shanirah like this.

ask me about doTERRA essential oils!

May 20th, 2012, 03:22 PM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Was your DH not planning on watching?? My DH swore that he wasn't going to watch because he was afraid that it might scar him for life but he totally watched the entire thing!!!

YAY for having a great birth!!! Jordan is a cutie!!

=May '05 and '11

May 20th, 2012, 07:32 PM
cavewoman's Avatar our miracle is here!! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by outnumberedX3 View Post
Was your DH not planning on watching?? My DH swore that he wasn't going to watch because he was afraid that it might scar him for life but he totally watched the entire thing!!!

YAY for having a great birth!!! Jordan is a cutie!!
he had nooo intention of ever being down south to see anything lol and then it just kind of ended up that way.

ask me about doTERRA essential oils!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search