The Gumdrop Chronicles

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By MarlowesMum

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 22nd, 2012, 10:29 AM
MarlowesMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I’m really bad at journaling, which is ironic since I actually like to write. I think it’s probably the fact that the physical act of writing is too slow for me. Typing is much more my forte, and the only time that I get to do this is while I’m at work. (This is what happens when one lives in BFE…where internet access is restricted to dial-up so slow that it makes you physically hurt. Without internet, the thrill is gone, and having a computer just doesn’t make sense. I’m not in college any more folks.) Ergo, the only time I get to “write” is when I purposefully NOT doing my job. Thank god I’m very good at doing my job quickly.

Nevertheless, my fellow DDC mommies have convinced me that I ought to at least make an attempt to document my journey with this womb resident. I didn’t do this with Marlowe, and I regret that. Particularly when I’m trying to remember when I first felt movement, or some other event that I would like to compare to this time around, like the day that I decided I could no longer wear thongs due to hemorrhoids simple discomfort.

So to start off, I’m going to recap some of my earlier (chatty) posts and I’ll go from there. Sorry for the duplication beloved readers…this is for me just as much as it’s for you. However, I promise you new and scintillating material to come…

April 12th, 2012, 12:18 PM

I am trying. I’m wearing black underwear today for the first time in a week. I should point out that this is mostly due to the fact that I’m now completely out of white grundies…but I’m still proud of myself. This week with my weird cramps, I’ve kind of been on pins and needles, waiting for the other “shoe” to drop (I’ll try to fit in another analogy further on…) in the form of some kind of red spotting. Ergo the white undies. I could just do some more laundry…but I think this is a good learning experience for me. Patience…not laundry, that is. I have no more to learn about laundry.

I am a complete idiot. While I’m complaining about weird cramps (and writing this), I am also enjoying a hot steaming bowl of navy bean soup. Without benefit of pre-bowl beano, which I neglected to bring to work. Darn you navy bean soup and your deliciousness. My point is that when I come back on here tomorrow and complain about weird cramps, I really need one of you to point out to me that this is probably gas and I should not eat anymore navy bean soup. Thanks.

I am amazed. I hope it’s not bad luck, but DH and I have already picked out our names. What is amazing about this is that we have actually agreed upon names. Yes, already! With DD, we argued about this until she finally squeezed out of my hoo-ha, at which point he conceded. (good man) Has anyone else finalized this decision yet?

Edited to add: I am a bad employee. Can I just tell you how much of a time suck this place is? I seriously haven’t gotten any work done since joining TTC 6+ several weeks ago. You ladies rock. Now seriously, I have to go...

April 24th, 2012, 03:40 PM

I have discovered the key to my nausea. Apparently, to avoid nausea, I must eat everything within eyesight and many other things outside of my line of sight as well. Today, for example, I had two breakfasts, and just got done with third lunch. And I’m feeling alright. Okay, I’m feeling really, really fat. I am also spending more money on a single day’s “work” meals than I normally do in a week. But… I’m not nauseous, and really, that feeling is priceless.

Also, I started wearing normal pants again. I was thrilled to throw on some of my real waist maternity pants last week, but finally decided that this was probably a bit premature and that being pregnant was not an excuse to throw on my fat pants willy-nilly - even if they do make my frequent potty trips much easier and my butt look better.

On further thought, switching back to normal pants may have been premature too…as my earlier decision did not take into account 2nd and 3rd breakfast/lunch. These Ann Taylor pants are great…but they have 4 buttons and every single one of them is leaving a pretty little indent into my belly bloat.

Finally, we returned from Chi-town this weekend…and are laden with beaucoup photos accordingly. Here are a couple…including one that we will SOON be using to announce our family addition…

April 26th, 2012, 09:57 AM

I had a complete meltdown yesterday. I've been feeling completely awful for like two weeks now, and while I know I shouldn't complain about this, I just can't help but be slightly overwhelmed. I'm just so tired of feeling sick. I haven't thrown up, but then I never throw up. (Not even with stomach viruses, my body just refuses to do it.) So instead, I'm walking around constantly feeling like a bag of useless crap, exhausted beyond belief, and with neverending nausea.

DH is trying to be kind, but he continually asks me, "What's wrong?" And I just want to shake him and say, "THE SAME THING THAT'S BEEN WRONG...JUST LAY OFF!"

So yesterday, I had myself a good cry on the couch.

This pregnancy is just SO so different than it was with my DD. It must be our body's way of tricking us into propagating the species...lord knows if it had been like this the first time, I might have seriously thought twice about jumping into this whole pregnancy thing again.

Anyway, sorry for the whine fest. I'm just feeing really dreary right now.

May 3rd, 2012, 04:26 PM

THERE IS LIGHT AT THE END OF MY FUNNEL

Because clearly, I'm so far away from the end of the tunnel.
But ladies, I will take my funnel and pretend that it is instead a delicious sugar concoction that I have purchased at the local summer fair because...TODAY WAS MY DAY.

First, let me preface: I have a zit on my cheek that won't go away. Considering I was a walking acne blob when I was pregnant with DD, this is no biggie. However, I also developed a nice big cold sore on my lip yesterday morning when I woke up, which my Valtrex could not touch. I had my labwork today, so was punctured and drained quite thoroughly this morning. Also, had my second laser hair treatment today, which resulted in a lovely shade of pink on my upper lip. I am, quite frankly, a hot mess appearance wise.

But for the first time in three weeks...I FEEL GOOD! Oh, the bliss! Oh the joy! I'm doing mind-cartwheels right now in happiness at not feeling like I want to bang my head (and everyone else's head, for that matter) against my desk at my constant feelings of discomfort and nausea.

That said, I'm cognizant that this could be fleeting and tomorrow, I may in fact feel like ***** on a shingle again. But for what it's worth, tonight I'm going to go home, play with my kiddo, make dinner (!), nook my husband and drift peacefully off to sleep before 9 p.m. Ahh...life is good. Even if temporarily.

May 4th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Just got back from my appt! After a long wait, the PA-C (who was so nice to me after my January m/c) told me that she wanted to do an ultrasound, just to make sure, and would I have a problem with that? Uh absolutely not! So here it is – my picture perfect 8w3d old gumdrop baby, with a healthy little heart flicker and everything.

What a relief! I honestly wouldn’t even admit to myself how keyed up I was about this…but I feel so much more relaxed now. SIGHHHHHHHHH…

May 17th, 2012, 10:33 AM

Well ladies, after 4 weeks of nearly constant whining and moaning...I feel like things are finally on the up and up. Most days I feel pretty good, and despite the initial morning shakies (I'm convinced that THIS is why women stop working; getting "around" in the mornings with kids is phenomenally exhausting!) I'm finally feeling good enough at the end of the day to take walks again. Which is great, because after 4 weeks of eating constantly and exercising not at all, I'm looking more like 15 weeks than 10 weeks. Yowza.

But at least that belly is rock hard. Last night, DH and I were having (ahem) relations [was it that time of the month already?]...and he says to me,
"Wow. Your belly is really hard."
Yeah, I've been working out.
But really, translating this to pregnant woman speak, this meant, "Honey, you're not fat at all, and your baby belly is just so freaking sexy." Melt.

And here's another benefit to the burgeoning belly: I'm beginning to feel way more confident about this pregnancy. On one hand, I can't believe I just wrote that, because I don't want to tempt the fates...but it's true. With the 8w ultrasound, the upcoming 11w ultrasound (1 week from today), and my rock hard belly...I'm finally feeling at peace. Plus, I'm wearing full on maternity clothes, and that just makes me grin ear to ear...I LOVE my maternity clothes...pants go up/pants go down. It's like being a toddler all over again only with the capacity to efficiently wipe my own butt.

I don't even care that I'm in that weird position where people are LOOKING at my belly and don't know if I'm just fat or newly pregnant. SCREW you random stranger! I'm PREGGO! Check me out.

Last edited by MarlowesMum; June 7th, 2012 at 12:37 PM.
May 24th, 2012, 01:31 PM
And I’m back from ultrasound number 2. The gumdrop is nice and spicy in there, jumping around and generally making things difficult already (i.e.: it was difficult to capture him/her on film).

I would have expected no less from this pregnancy. Although I’m overjoyed to share that the nausea has finally mostly subsided - in its place are the following new (but improved) symptoms:

1.) Pelvic pain. As usual, my OB is stumped. This is way too early for the pelvic spread to be occurring (says he whose pelvis never has to worry about spreading), so perhaps it’s merely my pelvic muscles groaning in response to overuse. This could be the case, but this is also the doctor who was stumped by my tailbone pain when I was pregnant with my DD. He may know a uterus or two, but I’m beginning to suspect that he knows jack all about bones.
2.) The much anticipated return of Maggie’s Zit Face! Well alright! I was beginning to think that perhaps you were not going to be joining me this pregnancy. A travesty, to be sure, for what would I possibly do if people were actually able to compliment me on a nice pregnant woman glow instead of asking me where the acne cream aisle was?
3.) Giant boob veins, the size and shade of which required a thorough double take this morning while stepping out of the shower. Holy Vein Boobs Batman! Partially, this is due to the fact that I am irresponsibly pale right now. (I really need to do a better job of tanning myself on my back deck. Bad Maggie.) But mostly, I’m so short that they’re all that I can see of my body when I look at myself in the mirror – so they end up getting a lot of attention.

But honestly? I’ll take them all over nausea any day of the week. 11 weeks (almost ) down – 29 to go!

Last edited by MarlowesMum; June 7th, 2012 at 12:33 PM.
July 31st, 2012, 10:38 AM
New Photos of Baby GIRL from my ultrasound last Friday. I know that I should probably post these in the u/s photos section, but knowing me, it's better if I just keep all this info in the same place. (I'm more likely to update it this way.)

Check out THIS gender photo...Yup, no penis there. I think it's everyone's first instinct to ask the technician - "ARE YOU SURE?" when they give you a gender. But really, once you see the picture, there is absolutely no question here.

And really, I couldn't be happier. This is exactly what I wanted, and while I feel slightly bad for DH (who could use a little testosterone in a house full of womens) - he doesn't feel bad for himself, so I know that my pity won't last. Having already known the joy of a baby girl, he is also really happy to add another one to the mix..despite the gray hairs to come in say 10 years.

Here is another picture of baby girl...her beautiful little profile. DH thinks it's exactly the same as DD's in utero profile, but I'm not entirely certain. I'll have to do a quick analysis later today. I cannot wait to see how different/similar these two little ones end up looking like.
gardenbelle and mlc52811 like this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search