my oven sucks

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 25th, 2012, 08:43 AM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
ok so the oven in my apartment is evil it goes haywire all the time it puts its self in cleaning mode making it unusable for the next 6 hours turns its self off changes the temperature by itself. Basically there is a short in the electronic control panel so anytime you turn it on there is a 40% it will screw up and some how do something terrible to the food inside. its decide for the last 4 days that its not going to work and my landlord wont replace it. last time I called him in to look at it he said just to let it finish cleaning mode which is all well an fine annoying but ok whatever. But every freaking time you turn the oven on for the last 4 days it puts itself back into cleaning mode. he even admited that the people who stayed here before HAD THE SAME PROBLEM. I really want to punch this guy in the face right now I need a freaking oven I eat like 13 times a day come on dude.

May 25th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm amazed he won't replace it... I would check what your local laws are, but what I hear people here doing is not paying the rent and buying the appliance themselves. When rent is due, they give them a copy of the receipt instead!

I wouldn't do that without knowledge of what the landlord/tenants rights are in your area. You can probably get that info online.

Good luck & I hope you are able to get a useable stove soon!

Thank you Katie (.:Shortcake:.) for my beautiful siggy!!

May 25th, 2012, 09:10 AM
Country928's Avatar Marisa
that sucks, im not sure where you live but i know in florida your landlord has to fix the issue or you can report them. Sometimes they even make deals with the tenants stating you fix it and you get that expense off rent.

My stove and oven both decided to break on me a few days ago. So intill i get money to replace it, its items that can be cooked in the microwave,toaster oven or George. Or go to my moms who is 5 mins away.
May 25th, 2012, 11:05 AM
LindsayGriff
I would look into some landlord/tenant law in your area and see if there is someone you can call and talk to this about to get advise. This seems like a real fire issue and he should be obligated to get it fixed.

Thank you peimum for my siggy
May 25th, 2012, 03:44 PM
Veteran
Im going to the apartment office tomorrow! Ive had my oven fixed 3 times now. It still doesnt work. I feel ur pain! I have 1 freaking burner that works. Its been like that for about 6 months now. Im tired of living like this. Like can u boil noodles and fry the hamburger at the same time? Nope! Takes forever to make spaghetti etc!

May 25th, 2012, 03:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I would check into your landlord tenant laws. Seems he should have to fix or replace it!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search