I guess I'm not getting a 3D ultrasound

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 25th, 2012, 10:44 AM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
So, the place I was doing a little more research on the place I was going for the 3D US and they have some bad reviews and now I don't trust going to that place. I talked to DH and told him I want to look for another place and said that he thought I should. Now, he's saying we shouldn't do one at all and wait for our anatomy scan. So, the ultrasound I was looking most forward to in only 3 weeks, I now have to wait another 6 or 7 weeks for. He can't understand why I'm "rushing" things. He also told that when we find out the gender he doesn't want me to buy any baby things. I just wanted to vent. I'm just gonna go cry now, I'm so upset.

May 25th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Platinum Supermommy
How awful

I'm so sorry you are going to have to wait to find out and that your DH isn't being very understanding

Thank you Katie (.:Shortcake:.) for my beautiful siggy!!

May 25th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope he comes around at least on letting you buy baby things.

May 25th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Pixie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry. That really stinks. Why does he not want you to buy baby things when you find out the gender? You kind of have to buy stuff for the baby eventually anyway..

May 25th, 2012, 11:14 AM
whitehouse's Avatar My name is Kelli :)
^ I was wondering the same thing Especially since it is your first!
He is kind of taking out the excitement for you and that's a bummer! I hope he comes around soon!

.fearfully and wonderfully made.
eli grey // jude lawrence
forever loving Finley
May 25th, 2012, 11:15 AM
He's trying to say he didn't say I couldn't, he just doesn't want me to. Whatever. He doesnt want me to buy things because he is convinced that everyone will buy everything we need for us. I would like my baby to have at least some clothing I picked out for it. I don't know what his problem is. He is nice and supportive about everything else. He just doesn't understand my excitement and impatience when it comes to the pregnancy. I hope he comes around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RootBudSkyTree View Post
^ I was wondering the same thing Especially since it is your first!
He is kind of taking out the excitement for you and that's a bummer! I hope he comes around soon!
I told him that he is taking all the exciting things about being pregnant away from me. He doesn't really understand how.

May 25th, 2012, 11:19 AM
This is why my husband gives each of us an allowance each week. This way we both have spending money that we can use on whatever we want and do not have to have it approved by the other.

I think it's completely understandable for you to want to buy some things for the baby yourself. I feel the same way! My mom was disappointed I bought the reindeer outfit for the baby because she wanted to buy the baby's first Christmas outfit, but I really liked that outfit and it's my baby so she can get the Christmas Day outfit since I plan on the reindeer outfit being for Christmas Eve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melaniek85 View Post
He's trying to say he didn't say I couldn't, he just doesn't want me to. Whatever. He doesnt want me to buy things because he is convinced that everyone will buy everything we need for us. I would like my baby to have at least some clothing I picked out for it. I don't know what his problem is. He is nice and supportive about everything else. He just doesn't understand my excitement and impatience when it comes to the pregnancy. I hope he comes around.

I told him that he is taking all the exciting things about being pregnant away from me. He doesn't really understand how.
This is precisely the reason my friends often buy things and hide them from their husbands!

May 25th, 2012, 11:22 AM
*Ade*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh I hope he comes around, too! It is a tradition with my husband and I to go buy the baby their first outfit after we find out the gender. Just one little outfit. Maybe try to convince him to at least do something like that. And I'm sorry you have to wait even longer now to find out-that's a bummer...

May 25th, 2012, 11:28 AM
We both have money we can spend without permission but he really doesn't want me to spend it on baby stuff. I'm sure I will anyway and just not tell him. Lol. I just don't want to have to be that way. I was really looking forward to the US, I was going to have it done around fathers day, I thought it would be a nice gift to him. We were also going to reveal the gender as a fathers day gift to the grandfathers to be.

May 25th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Honey, if you have money to spend without permission, just spend it on the baby if you want. That's the whole point of that sort of money. No way I'd let my husband make me feel guilty for spending my free money on the baby! It's your child! I know it's still taking some of the fun out of it for you, but I'm sure once you get to the store with the idea that you are buying stuff for the baby you'll enjoy it.

May 25th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belita View Post
Honey, if you have money to spend without permission, just spend it on the baby if you want. That's the whole point of that sort of money. No way I'd let my husband make me feel guilty for spending my free money on the baby! It's your child! I know it's still taking some of the fun out of it for you, but I'm sure once you get to the store with the idea that you are buying stuff for the baby you'll enjoy it.
Thanks! You're right.

May 25th, 2012, 11:44 AM
Country928's Avatar Marisa
Bummer you have to wait longer. If you have your own spending money, then its it used for what you want. Buy your baby things. Not everyone gets everything at showers or through friends and family
May 25th, 2012, 12:39 PM
Super Mommy
I wouldn't hide buying anything for your child, but I sure as hell would do it regardless. I'm not talking going crazy and getting EVERYTHING all at once, but I wouldn't feel guilty about a couple of smaller things.

Also... some men have a hard time investing in things they can't see. Sadly this applies to babies still in the womb sometime. Try not to let it get you down too much. My husband doesn't care if I spend any money on our unborn, but he doesn't get excited over it either. It's just a thing. Wait until you guys have to buy all the stuff everyone else doesn't... then you can tell him told you so.
Rosalie Octavia, born on October 22nd and 9:35am, 7 pounds 2 ounces, 19 inches.
May 25th, 2012, 12:47 PM
kristap4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to kristap4
I wouldn't feel guilty about buying a couple outfits for baby after you find out the gender, especially if you have your own spending money. I also wouldn't hide it from him, after i bought it I would show him what I bought. My thought process is, too bad if he didn't want me buying it, because it is my kid too and I wanted to get it for my kid, so I got it....

Hope you hubby comes around so you don't have to feel like you gotta do it behind his back.
May 25th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Durango14's Avatar ♥ Expecting #2 ♥
The place we had our 3D ultrasound had some bad reviews as well- But we ended up having a great experience. Clearly they had taken notice of the reviews and were going above and beyond to correct them. You might be surprised by a good experience by just giving them a chance

And PS. Don't let your husband be such a grump- You are an adult and can decide when to purchase baby items without his permission. Be honest about it after you do, though, because hiding things never help a marriage

May 25th, 2012, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinx View Post
I wouldn't hide buying anything for your child, but I sure as hell would do it regardless. I'm not talking going crazy and getting EVERYTHING all at once, but I wouldn't feel guilty about a couple of smaller things.

Also... some men have a hard time investing in things they can't see. Sadly this applies to babies still in the womb sometime. Try not to let it get you down too much. My husband doesn't care if I spend any money on our unborn, but he doesn't get excited over it either. It's just a thing. Wait until you guys have to buy all the stuff everyone else doesn't... then you can tell him told you so.
I'm hoping that's his problem. It's not too real for him yet, he can't feel the baby yet or anything, I hope thats true anyway. I hope he gets over it soon, I'm sure he will or it may not even happen till after the baby is here. I like to buy clearance and enjoy good sales, I just want to buy a few things every once in a while. I've told him that were not getting everything we ask for and just wait till we have to go running around shopping for stuff we need a month before the baby gets here. Anyway.

So, I told him I will be scheduling an ultrasound somewhere else and I will be finding out the gender at 16 weeks like I planned.

Thanks everyone!!
Belita likes this.

May 25th, 2012, 01:49 PM
Klopez87's Avatar Expecting #2
It's so frustrating when men aren't understanding. But I'm glad you put your foot down. dH knows once we find out what it is and if it's a girl all HELL will break loose with me shopping! But it will only be on clothes and I won't go too crazy it'll just be a few cute outfits here and there especially when there's a good sale going on!!! Carson's usually has great sales on baby clothes every now and then with 60% off and I can't resist those!!! Good luck and he'll come around.
May 25th, 2012, 02:57 PM
So, after all that, we decided to keep the appointment at the original place. I noticed that reviews were all recent and when the owner was out of the country. They were reviews about how the US tech didn't show for the appointments and how she also didn't show for the rescheduled appointments either. Well, apparently the girl didn't just not show up, she's missing. No one know where she is or what happened. That was the update from the owner. Thats so sad and scary, I hope she turns up soon.

May 25th, 2012, 03:05 PM
Super Mommy
I'm sorry (((hugs)))
May 25th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Oh, wow! I hope the girl is okay!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search