Appt update-Scary then Good

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 25th, 2012, 04:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I really had hoped for all uneventful OB appts for this pregnancy, but I guess that was not to be.

I went in today. I was already kinda stressed out because I had to take DS with me and he was fussy since DH didn't make him take a nap today. Then when I got back to the room the nurse couldn't find the heartbeat. I was freaking out. She did say she thought she could hear an echo, but couldn't get a count. Finally after a few mins of trying she asked me if my bladder was full. I guess at 14wks baby is right below the bladder and I hadn't gone in 2 hrs. So she let me empty and when I got back she found HB right away. It was 153bpm. I was so relieved. No one had ever told me to pee first. Not even when I was PG with DS.

Then the Dr came in. It was my first time meeting him. I don't think I ever got to see him with DS. It was real quick from there. He measured my belly. I was able to ask him about the fact that I seem to be getting fever blisters alot right now. He told me I can still use the Carmex that I always use when I get one, and he wasn't too concerned since it's only been going on for 2wks. But if it continues then I need to let them know.

On the plus side I get to find out the sex in 4wks. So baby willing I will know if we have a boy or girl on June 22nd. I'm so excited. So all in all a pretty good appt.

May 25th, 2012, 04:52 PM
BabyLove23's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh what a scare!!! Glad everything is okay!

Thank you peimum for my siggie!!!
May 25th, 2012, 04:53 PM
fancypants27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
oh man, that is scary. glad everything turned out ok

May 25th, 2012, 05:03 PM
fireflyluna13's Avatar Super Mommy
Glad everything turned out ok! That happened to me at one of my earlier appts, the dr couldn't find the HB and told me it was probably too early. Thing is, I had found it the night before at home with my doppler! She ended up doing a quick u/s which was nice until I saw the bill!
~Selena, mom to 3 boys: Alex 10, William 8. and Baby boy #3 Lukas Araya born 10/28/2012

Lukas was born with moderate to severe metopic craniosynostosis with trigonocephaly. Corrective surgery performed March 18, 2013. We are on the other side!!!
May 25th, 2012, 05:03 PM
Mommyx12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad everything turned out ok! We have ultrasounds on the same day!!!
May 25th, 2012, 05:05 PM
Enceinte2012's Avatar Super Mommy
Glad everything turned out ok!

~*~Meghann~*~
Proud Mommy to Amber and Addyson

May 25th, 2012, 05:15 PM
Super Mommy
That would have scared me too... glad everything was ok!!!!
May 25th, 2012, 05:39 PM
meddleman's Avatar Loving my girls!!!!
Glad everything turned out ok!!every OB I have been to has me leave a urine sample at the beginning of the appt so I always assumed they all did that!
May 25th, 2012, 05:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So glad everything is ok!

May 25th, 2012, 06:17 PM
Country928's Avatar Marisa
Glad everything turned out good. that would scare me too.
May 25th, 2012, 07:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
So happy the appt turned out well!!! I would have had a panic attack if that happened to me- I'm so glad you were able to hear the HB & YAY for scheduling your big u/s

Thank you Katie (.:Shortcake:.) for my beautiful siggy!!

May 26th, 2012, 06:59 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad everything tuned out ok!

May 26th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies. With having to work before my appt and then having to take DS with me I didn't even think to go to the bathroom. And my Dr wants FMU so I have to take my sample with me. Oh well lesson learned. I just hope I don't have to take DS anymore. He was tired and fussy so I don't think I went over all I could have with the Dr. But I'm so excited to get to have my ultra sound in 4 weeks. I thought they would make me wait the full 8wks until I was 22wks along.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search