Awful night

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 25th, 2012, 08:48 PM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
Akadia fell off our back stairs tonight onto our concrete patio. She's ok, but I am a disaster. DH was supposed to be watching her but he ran inside to get something and she was standing on the stairs waiting for him. I guess she lost her balance or tripped because all I heard was tumbling and when I looked she was gone. I was across the yard cleaning the pool. Have never run that fast in my life. She was laying on her back on the side of the stairs and I was sure she was dead or had hit her head really hard. Miraculously, all she did was bang up the top of her ear a little. Not a scratch or bump anywhere and she was happy in like 5 minutes. 4 hours later and I'm still crying. I just keep thinking what could have happened. It could have been so bad. These stairs are 5 high and have no guard rail. DH knows I don't let her go up and down them without holding her hand. She's asleep now and I'm just sitting here listening to her breath and keeping an eye on her. This is not so fun part of being a mom. The constant worry. If anything ever happened to her, I think I would lose it.

May 25th, 2012, 08:52 PM
mrs.wagner.10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awe sweetie!! i am sorry you had such a bad night!! My mom told me when I was a teen I would understand why she was so protective when I have my own kids.. I am now starting to understand it.. I am so glad shes ok and once this Adrenalin wheres off, i hope you can kinda come down. *hugs*

7 lbs 7 oz 21" 11/4/12 2:11 pmThank you Kiliki for my amazing Siggy!!!
May 25th, 2012, 09:23 PM
Super Mommy
Aw that must have been scary. Try to to think of what ifs. Kids have some sort of bouncing super power when they fall.
May 25th, 2012, 09:45 PM
LindsayGriff
Glad she is okay, I know I have been there a time or two. I am actually surprised DS has not broken a bone yet with how much trouble he gets into often climbing on things and falling or jumping off them.

Thank you peimum for my siggy
May 25th, 2012, 09:51 PM
Regular
That does sound awful!!! Sorry she gave you such a scare Hope the weekend gets more relaxing for you!
May 25th, 2012, 10:52 PM
Super Mommy
Glad she is ok!!! that would have been scary.... try to get some sleep
May 26th, 2012, 04:41 AM
BabyLove23's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awww..... we know how you feel!!!! Its the worst feeling in the world.
Glad she is okay. And try not to beat yourself up so much. Your an awesome mommy and Im sure everyone has been there at one point or another. I sure have!

Thank you peimum for my siggie!!!
May 26th, 2012, 04:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That must have been terribly scary! I wish we could put our kids in safety wrap for their entire lives! I'm glad she's ok - kids are so much more resilient than we think! I hope you were able to get some rest!

Thank you Katie (.:Shortcake:.) for my beautiful siggy!!

May 26th, 2012, 05:39 AM
kristap4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to kristap4
((((HUGS)))) Glad she is ok... My dd did that when she was 2. She fell down the basement stairs at my in-laws and landed on the concrete floor at the bottom.. She ended up breaking her collar bone. And yes it is very scary. Glad she was ok and I hope you were able to calm down after a while.
May 26th, 2012, 05:52 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
Thanks ladies! I finally did get to sleep. I was just so wound up after it happened. Baby is fine today and climbing on me as I type. My brother n' law is going to be here today and I'm going to see if he has any ideas for those stairs. I don't want her near them now.

May 26th, 2012, 06:01 AM
KatherineD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to KatherineD Send a message via Yahoo to KatherineD
How scary!! At least it wasn't worse and she's fine Still scary! I would definitely look into putting some rails up (and depending on how wide they are, 3 rails-one on each side and one on the middle)

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my gorgeous siggy!!

May 26th, 2012, 06:57 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad she's ok and that you eventually settled down enough to sleep. I agree with looking into a railing, especially since you'll soon have two little girls to look after.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search