Really wishing we knew the gender

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By NewGurl

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 26th, 2012, 08:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've been doing pretty good with being patient about the anatomy scan. I'm not one who has to go get an early gender scan even though I think they're cool. I just don't want to spend the extra money. Well today I was meeting a lady in town to pick up a pair for squeaky shoes for DS that I was buying from her. Well we were going to meet at 5pm, and she sent me a text saying that she couldn't be there until 6pm. Since I was already in town I went to Kirkland just to look around. They had some really cute stuff, and as much as I want a boy seeing everything they had in the store kinda made me want a girl. Now I'm getting impatient and wanting to know what we are having so I can start buying stuff for the nursery.

May 26th, 2012, 08:23 PM
Super Mommy
I dont know either and want to buy stuff every where I go!!!! So anxious and ready!!!!
May 26th, 2012, 08:29 PM
Super Mommy
Kirkland, WA? I live near Everett.
Rosalie Octavia, born on October 22nd and 9:35am, 7 pounds 2 ounces, 19 inches.
May 26th, 2012, 08:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinx View Post
Kirkland, WA? I live near Everett.
No. Sorry. I'm in Jackson TN. Kirkland is a store here. I think it may be kinda local to West Tennessee. It's kinda like a knick-knack store. Pictures, clocks, candle holders, wall art, lamps, some chairs, and end tables. That kind of things. They had some really pretty stuff today that would make a very pretty, kind of grown up nursery for a little girl.

May 26th, 2012, 08:50 PM
Mommyx12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so ready to know too and I have to wait a month still!!!
May 26th, 2012, 08:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Although I really want to know what I'm having, I don't want to spend extra $ for an elective u/s either. If not for having to get cervix length checks every two weeks, I wouldn't be finding out till my anatomy scan. I really want to go shop, but even after I find out, I'm not too sure I will.

Thank you Katie (.:Shortcake:.) for my beautiful siggy!!

May 26th, 2012, 11:01 PM
Super Mommy
I have almost 3 weeks to wait still. Driving me nuts.
May 27th, 2012, 12:14 AM
Pixie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know what you mean! I have finally picked out a theme for a boy or a girl and now I really need to know which it is so I can start buying things for the nursery. I would love an early gender scan but don't want to spend the money. I only have about 2 1/2 weeks to wait now.

Oh and I love Kirkland's! I know they spread at least as far as Mississippi (where I'm originally from) and here in Nashville.

May 27th, 2012, 05:05 AM
KatherineD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to KatherineD Send a message via Yahoo to KatherineD
I'm dying to know too. I have thought about paying out of pocket, but with only less than 2 weeks left, it feels silly to go and pay when I am SO close!

Kirklands is here as well and in FL. I think they have lots of stores

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my gorgeous siggy!!

May 27th, 2012, 06:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I still have two months! I have my next appt scheduled for June 19th and its not the u/s so i still have until July !

May 27th, 2012, 06:49 AM
fancypants27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm wishing I knew the gender and if there is 1 or 2 babies in there. I have to wait until June 18th... tried to get an appt privately, and earliest they could give me was June 11th...so its not worth paying an extra $200.

May 27th, 2012, 07:25 AM
rhill4455's Avatar Mom to 3 girls and a boy!
Send a message via AIM to rhill4455 Send a message via Yahoo to rhill4455
I have no interest in starting to buy baby stuff. I just want to know the sex so we can start the naming game. I have 2 weeks to wait.

May 27th, 2012, 07:56 AM
Jannell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I go between feeling so anxious to find out and not wanting to find out at all. lol
May 27th, 2012, 08:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow, from reading everyone's posts it looks like Kirkland's is a bigger company than I thought. It was founded here in Jackson Tn by Carl Kirkland, so I didn't know it reached so far. That's kind of cool.

May 27th, 2012, 02:49 PM
BlndGrl8's Avatar Kaitlin & Cameron's Mommy
I can't wait to buy things either!! It's so much fun to shop for baby

We have Kirkland here in AZ, I love that store!!
May 27th, 2012, 03:07 PM
mollymalone's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I thought for sure my doctor would schedule my next u/s last week, but he didn't. I'll be 18 weeks when I go back, so SURELY he'll schedule it then! I am sooooo ready to know what we're having!!

Oh, and we have Kirkland's here in Ohio too!

May 28th, 2012, 06:20 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
Yeah, I just couldn't wait because of the shopping. I was tempted to pick up boy things everywhere I went and I had to resist because I didn't know what I was having. Now, I 'm not really tempted to buy anything because I have tons of girl stuff anyways. Probably saved myself a lot of money by paying for the elective u/s!

May 28th, 2012, 12:44 PM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wish I knew so bad to oh well It will just be that much cooler when we do find out At least that what I keep telling myself lol with the rate of gender reveals here I wish i could just sleep through the next 2 months and catchup with everyone else lol.
cindy6 likes this.

May 28th, 2012, 12:55 PM
mrs.wagner.10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Kelly, you can always go to the Dec Dec and be ahead of every one. You would be one of the first ones to find out. I was due in Oct then they changed my date and I came to the Nov ddc. For that reason. I didn't want to be behind everyone else.

7 lbs 7 oz 21" 11/4/12 2:11 pmThank you Kiliki for my amazing Siggy!!!
May 29th, 2012, 06:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGurl View Post
I wish I knew so bad to oh well It will just be that much cooler when we do find out At least that what I keep telling myself lol with the rate of gender reveals here I wish i could just sleep through the next 2 months and catchup with everyone else lol.
I know I'm not due until the 30th! I don't even know when my u/s will be scheduled. I have my next appointment June 12 but my u/s are w/ my high risk dr, so I'm hoping my ob will order it then!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search