Nesting, already?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Belita
  • 1 Post By Think4Yourself
  • 2 Post By LindsayGriff

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 27th, 2012, 07:34 PM
Hopolka's Avatar Wife, Mom of 1, Expecting
So I know its still wayyy too early to be doing much decorating in the nursery but my mother and I got a little consignment shop happy when I went home to visit her earlier in the week.

Needless to say, I found the cutest gender neutral bedding for only $16...and it was a $120 set! What a steal right?! When we do find out the gender, I could definitely accessorize both ways its just a matter of the colors to highlight in the quilt and blanket.

Anyone else "nesting" already?
May 27th, 2012, 08:36 PM
.h00dihoo.this.'s Avatar *Siggy.Legend*
Send a message via MSN to .h00dihoo.this. Send a message via Yahoo to .h00dihoo.this.
i think it's pretty common when it's your first.. it seems as each child goes on, the nesting gets less and less... and now on my 3rd, i dont even want to build a nursery or anything like that out of exhaustion LOL
May 27th, 2012, 09:08 PM
rhill4455's Avatar Mom to 3 girls and a boy!
Send a message via AIM to rhill4455 Send a message via Yahoo to rhill4455
Quote:
Originally Posted by .h00dihoo.this. View Post
i think it's pretty common when it's your first.. it seems as each child goes on, the nesting gets less and less... and now on my 3rd, i dont even want to build a nursery or anything like that out of exhaustion LOL
Ditto!! baby #4 and I have no interest in baby shopping or doing a nursery of any sort. I won't be doing so anyways because we may be moving at the begining of the year.

May 28th, 2012, 04:30 AM
KatherineD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to KatherineD Send a message via Yahoo to KatherineD
I'd have to disagree with it being a first child thing. I was more relaxed with the second, lol! This time, maybe because it was a huge surprise and I don't do well with surprises, I am finding myself more anxious. I have so much stuff to get, rearrange and prep for. I want to put my crib together because it's making me anxious wondering if I have all the parts! My house not being 100% clean all the time is sending me into a tizzy and I'm freaking out about being able to fit 3 car seats in the car! I hate that I'm in the stage where I can't really do anything because I'm not far enough along and don't know the gender. I will be able to relax once I can get all this stuff done. I just feel so unprepared!

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my gorgeous siggy!!

May 28th, 2012, 04:48 AM
BabyLove23's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh I am! I pulled out all of Izzy's baby clothes to see what is salvageble and what is not. Already made a list of everything to get before her little sister arrives.

It definetly helps time pass by when you are waiting for baby to arrive!

Not to mention sales! I'm stocking up whenever I see a sale!

Thank you peimum for my siggie!!!
May 28th, 2012, 06:51 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am! I bought a bunch of clothes after my gender ultrasound, ordered the crib and bassinet, and am going to have DH look at paint colors with me today!
BabyLove23 and KrisCriss09 like this.

May 28th, 2012, 08:18 AM
MomtoCarly&Sofia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am even though it's my third! I'm dying to start buying things, and doing babys room if it's a boy!

May 28th, 2012, 08:25 AM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im making lots of lists and doing lots of research but no actual shopping yet. I think looking through all the options is my version though Im a browser by design ill look 8 or 9 times before buying stuff even for myself sometimes.

May 28th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Formerly "firstmommytobe"
This is my second...and I think because we planned for it I'm even more excited and ready to shop til I drop!! lol

May 28th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Think4Yourself's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nesting for me is more cleaning than it is buying stuff, I think. With DS once I started "real" nesting (you'll know it when you see it 500 miles away.. you'll be hinted when you spend the morning at 3 AM cleaning floorboards and wiping down ceilings.. THAT is nesting... LOL) I was closer to about 35 weeks and it was insane. I washed all his clothes three times each, was sitting in my room at 1 am rearranging furniture and baby stuff and folding onesies and even SOCKS. It was terrible- lol! That's not my normal personality at all!

This time, I get bursts of energy and feel a big need to clean random things, but that's just hormones, and the fact that anytime I get any energy I look around and it's a mess LOL.
whitehouse1 likes this.

May 28th, 2012, 11:14 AM
LindsayGriff
I don't know if mine is really nesting. I am busy trying to get DS's new room put together and decorated so that I can move all his clothes out of the baby's room. The baby's room is already done and I already have the crib put back together so just trying to get DS settled fully in his new room. I usually don't start the real nesting till the end when I start actually ironing all the baby clothes.

Thank you peimum for my siggy
May 28th, 2012, 12:26 PM
Durango14's Avatar ♥ Expecting #2 ♥
This is my first and I suppose I'm in nesting mode- And apparently everyone else in my family is as well. My Mother and MIL have purchased all of her clothing from newborn through 24 months- Which is nice, but now I feel like I can't buy her anything because she has so much already. I literally have not purchased one thing for the baby and I feel kinda weird about it. We have all of these toys and things from our registry already (yeah..... I didn't even tell anyone we were registered, my family and in-laws just went online to find it on their own and starting buying things). So I'm kind of forced to "nest" otherwise my house would be full of boxes and clothes!

May 28th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Veteran
Nesting won't kick in for me until the end. I remember thinking everything had to be spotless before my due date so I wouldn't bring a baby home to a dirty house.

As far as buying stuff, I have looked at a few things that need to be replaced. I have to start now so I can spread out the spending between paychecks. This baby doesn't even have a room in our current house so I won't need too much. Plus we may be moving a few months after the baby is born.

May 28th, 2012, 03:16 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango14 View Post
This is my first and I suppose I'm in nesting mode- And apparently everyone else in my family is as well. My Mother and MIL have purchased all of her clothing from newborn through 24 months- Which is nice, but now I feel like I can't buy her anything because she has so much already. I literally have not purchased one thing for the baby and I feel kinda weird about it. We have all of these toys and things from our registry already (yeah..... I didn't even tell anyone we were registered, my family and in-laws just went online to find it on their own and starting buying things). So I'm kind of forced to "nest" otherwise my house would be full of boxes and clothes!
That is why my only registry right now is a private Amazon one. I'll do a Babies R Us one in June or July.

May 28th, 2012, 03:29 PM
Veteran
Im in the middle of a move. I dont want to buy anything ans put it in a box. I bought one onsie but thats it. Im having a hard time packing. Im to tired. LOL

May 28th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Super Mommy
Awesome deal! That was a steal!
Rosalie Octavia, born on October 22nd and 9:35am, 7 pounds 2 ounces, 19 inches.
May 28th, 2012, 04:30 PM
.h00dihoo.this.'s Avatar *Siggy.Legend*
Send a message via MSN to .h00dihoo.this. Send a message via Yahoo to .h00dihoo.this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatherineD View Post
I'd have to disagree with it being a first child thing. I was more relaxed with the second, lol! This time, maybe because it was a huge surprise and I don't do well with surprises, I am finding myself more anxious. I have so much stuff to get, rearrange and prep for. I want to put my crib together because it's making me anxious wondering if I have all the parts! My house not being 100% clean all the time is sending me into a tizzy and I'm freaking out about being able to fit 3 car seats in the car! I hate that I'm in the stage where I can't really do anything because I'm not far enough along and don't know the gender. I will be able to relax once I can get all this stuff done. I just feel so unprepared!
i just said it was pretty common when its your first to nest.. you can't disagree that those who are having their firsts that it's common for them to nest LOL.. i just meant that its common to nest when its your first, not that you nest ONLY when it's your first lol
May 28th, 2012, 05:09 PM
baybeecakes08's Avatar Super Mommy
i honestly have no interest in anything baby related. i blame it on the extreme fatigue .. i have been cleaning alot more thelast couple days.. !! i also think im not that interested because we are notfinding out the gender !!

[/url]
May 29th, 2012, 05:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes! I have list of things I need to buy, do, have my hubby or kids do, make and what work I hope to get done when my energy returns ( which it's starting to!!) I need to think up dinners that will freeze well for after the baby is born to. I need almost all new baby stuff so I registered at bru to get that completion coupon and also to serve as another list of what I need as I get it I'll mark it bought. As soon as we know gender I can go through baby clothes and see what I need to buy clothes wise.

May 29th, 2012, 06:32 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
I think the earlier you start getting ready the better. I started right off with my first. Got the crib ordered, room painted, furniture moved etc... By my third trimester, the nursery was set and I had pretty much everything I needed. Made those last weeks so much more relaxing. This time around, all I really need to do is pull down Akadia's clothes and wash everything and organize it by size. Aside from that and getting some newborn diapers, we are set. Now if it had been a boy, I would probably be going crazy on a new nursery right now.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search