mucous plug??

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 27th, 2012, 08:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
All day every time I went to the bathroom I have a ton of clear snotty discharge. The only other time I had this was at the end of my last pregnancy and my doc said it was my mucous plug. Should I gave them a call tomorrow? They are closed for the holiday but I can reach the on call nurse who contacts the on duty delivery doc.I've heard it can regenerate but being only about 18 weeks is concerning me.

May 27th, 2012, 09:29 PM
.h00dihoo.this.'s Avatar *Siggy.Legend*
Send a message via MSN to .h00dihoo.this. Send a message via Yahoo to .h00dihoo.this.
mine was as well.. i mentioned it to my midwife and she wasnt concerned about it.. but every doc is different, so it couldnt hurt to call
May 27th, 2012, 10:11 PM
Marksgirl0502's Avatar Veteran
If it makes you feel any better, I have this too, and have had it with all my pregnancies. Your body just starts producing tons of clear discharge when you're expecting, and I don't worry unless it's a strange color. But if it makes you feel better to ask, by all means ask! Better to put your mind at rest!

May 27th, 2012, 11:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks, I have never had an increase in discharge before and it was weird this came out of the blue. I was also having some braxton hicks tonight so I was starting to freak. If it keeps up, I'll call since my next appointment isn't for another 2 weeks.

May 28th, 2012, 05:28 AM
fancypants27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had this last week and it freaked me out. (It was a day after DH and I dtd and I had been on my feet all day). DR did not seem concerned when I mentioned it...and it only happened 2 days.

May 28th, 2012, 05:34 AM
KatherineD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to KatherineD Send a message via Yahoo to KatherineD
Make sure you're getting enough water if you're not (I know I am having a hard time with that). The mucous plug can regenerate, so it's not always indicative of labor coming soon (I never lost mine with either girl that I was aware of). I would call your OB if you need some reassurance I hate that things aren't always clear when it comes to what the heck is going on with our bodies, lol! I really hope that it's nothing!

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my gorgeous siggy!!

May 28th, 2012, 06:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I guess I'll be the paranoid one here... I'm sure in your case it's nothing, but I would call, just for the reassurance.

Thank you Katie (.:Shortcake:.) for my beautiful siggy!!

May 28th, 2012, 09:42 AM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have always had extra discharge I have recurring BV which is by far the most annoyingly pointless condition ever. that mixed with the pregnancy has a tendency to make tons of discharge. I was really worried because every pregnancy site has the whole to much or not clear is bad section but my doctor said its fine. I would always ask though just because a symptom is OK for one person that same symptom may have a different cause for you.

May 28th, 2012, 11:44 AM
Country928's Avatar Marisa
im always on the safe side. I would call the doctor.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search