What do you hope your child will be into as he or she grows up?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 28th, 2012, 09:06 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Alice is into duckies. I wanted her to be into dolls, but autism doesn't like pretend play. Sometimes she chews on dolls we bought for her a long time ago. =P I REALLY want Rose to like dolls! Not as food or a chew toy! She needs tea parties and dress up, too.

Three on Earth and seven in Heaven.

http://arwenart.com
May 28th, 2012, 09:17 AM
JTsquared's Avatar Co-Host of Feb 2012 PR
DH and I are gear heads, so we definitely hope Cooper is into cars, specifically German ones, and DH has already said he will have a dirt bike and a go cart.
Spyctre likes this.
May 28th, 2012, 10:31 AM
Super Mommy
Baseball and animals. His dad is huge into baseball, and I'm a huge animal lover lol
May 28th, 2012, 02:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I hope she's into ballet. Also dress up and dolls. I'm pretty girly (for lack of a better term lol) and was very girly as a child. I even refused to wear jeans until I was 12..only wanted to wear dresses and skirts. Of course if she doesn't like these things that will be ok too, but I think every parent has some idea of what they would like their child to enjoy doing, usually because they enjoy/enjoyed it themselves.

May 28th, 2012, 02:36 PM
-Bailey-'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope she likes dance, I absolutely loved it and was lookin for a class for fun before I found out I was pregnant.

May 28th, 2012, 02:43 PM
.:Kati:.'s Avatar kyler's mommy
We will be introducing guitars and pianos to him VERY VERY early. S/o produces music so we're hoping he will get into that.
MamaAsh likes this.

May 28th, 2012, 03:19 PM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
I hope he's into mountain biking so he and DH can have a special bond.

May 28th, 2012, 04:20 PM
isaroo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not sure what I want him to be into, but I would like for him to not care too much about insects and snakes and lizards lol Activity wise, I don't care what he does as long as he does something. I would prefer baseball and hockey, but I am sure he is going to love football since I hate it lol

~Missing our Angel ~ March 8, 2014~

Next Appointment 10/29, 1 hour GD test and Rhogam

May 28th, 2012, 04:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Dh wants them in martial arts. I just want them to do things that interest them. Other than soccer. Please don't make me watch soccer! And cheer. I might punch a stereotypical cheer mom in the throat. Not really, I'd probably just fantasize about it. I'm pretty non-confrontational.
ASH_M and Spyctre like this.

Thank you GraysMama for my beautiful siggy!
May 28th, 2012, 07:02 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I dislike most sports, at least watching them. Playing is fun. If I have to watch my kids do anything, I really hope it's martial arts, gymnastics, or dance. Something pretty. But I agree, no cheer. Since feminazis and cheer brands don't classify it as a sport, there aren't as many safety regulations for them. I don't want my baby to have a broken back.

Three on Earth and seven in Heaven.

http://arwenart.com
May 28th, 2012, 07:27 PM
RandE's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Animals and horses. Hopefully.
Spyctre likes this.

May 28th, 2012, 09:45 PM
-Bailey-'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aw so much hate on the cheerleaders! Haha

I was a cheerleader at one school I went to mostly just to try and fit in. I had a blast doing it!

May 28th, 2012, 10:13 PM
ASoldiersLuckyCharm's Avatar Three's A Charm <3
Send a message via ICQ to ASoldiersLuckyCharm Send a message via Yahoo to ASoldiersLuckyCharm Send a message via Skype™ to ASoldiersLuckyCharm
I want Olivia to want to sing and dance like I use to. For her to figure out what she loves and stick to it.

all graphics made by Jackie at http://cutesypies.livejournal.com/ & http://blushfuls.com/ tell her Judy sent you
May 29th, 2012, 07:00 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Cheerleading doesn't bother me so much as competitive cheerleading. That's where it starts getting dangerous and catty. I did cheerleading in middle school and had fun with it, but it wasn't competitive and the girls were nice. We weren't doing any stunts outside of some tumbling done only by girls who had a history in gymnastics. But no daughter of mine is going to be thrown in the air by other inexperienced girls. That's just asking for trouble.

Thank you GraysMama for my beautiful siggy!
June 2nd, 2012, 06:09 AM
Super Mommy
Deyton is into guitars, drums, keyboard and music in general. The only sport he says he ever wants to do is track possibly swim team.

Kaylin is dance, tumbling and music. K fully would love to do any sport, she has asked for dance, cheerleading, soccer, football, basketball, swimming lol

I hope Ryann does something with music just because it's a big part of our family, Kaylin has plans on Ry dancing with her so that could fun for them.

June 2nd, 2012, 07:31 AM
aogilvie's Avatar Super Mommy
I hope Molly is a nice girl. Thats my one really big dream for her. For some reason, I also see her playing volleyball - I never played, but somehow, I see it for her. I also hope she appreciates animals. I don't care if she's super into them (like me) or not, but I do want her to respect and appreciate them.
TTC #1 with Endometriosis & Antiphospholipid Syndrome since December 2008
Dec 2008 - April 2010 #17 Natural cycles
May 2010 - IUI + clomid 50mg BFN
June 2010 - IUI + clomid 50mg BFN
July 2010 - IUI + clomid 100mg BFN
Sept/OC 2010 - IVF #1 (1 embryo transfered; none to freeze) BFP!!!
Oct 25 2010 - First ultrasound at 6.5 weeks TWO HEARTBEATS!!! The embryo split; we're having identical twins!!!
Nov 30 2010 - Ultrasound at 11 weeks; no heartbeats & no growth past 9 weeks
Dec 2 - D&C#1
Dec 7 2010 - D&C#2
Dec 22 2010 through current - Weekly acupuncture treatment
May/June 2011 - IVF#2 with acupuncture (1 embryo transferred; 4 embies on ice!!!) BFP!!!
June 29 2011 - First ultrasound at 7.0 weeks. Everything looks great so far!

July 18, 2011 - Second ultrasound at 9.5 weeks. Baby is doing great!

Feb 10 2012 - Molly Eileen arrived at 7lbs 11oz and 19inches!!!
June 2nd, 2012, 10:39 AM
BSandDsMommy's Avatar Mommy to three boys
In hoping all three boys are into basketball, baseball, and football and hope they are like their dads side of the family and can sing and play anything they pick up but hopefully into guitars and drums

Baby girl due Dec. 2014

Make a pregnancy ticker
June 3rd, 2012, 07:33 AM
ASH_M's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would love it if Jojo and/or Livy would be into crafty things - like knitting or crocheting like me. That's one thing that I would love to pass down to them. I also hope that they are into music, and also into something active like soccer or baseball or something. I really hope they're not into football - that's dangerous I think.

That all being said, I really just hope that whatever they choose to be is something that is healthy to be into (like no drugs or anything like that) and something that they truly love.

June 5th, 2012, 06:42 AM
MuffinMama's Avatar First Time Mama :)
Send a message via AIM to MuffinMama
I'm sure Aya will be passionate about whatever she decides she's interested in.

I'd like a little hockey fan to take with me to games, or maybe a piano player to duet with.

SO would love a little fishergirl to have with him on the boat, or a little doodler like him.

Maybe she'll be a good mix of both of us. I just want her to be happy and safe, no matter what she decides to do.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search