substitution heaven

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 28th, 2012, 08:25 PM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
the original recipes are great don't get me wrong but I'm a huge fan of easy to make recipes that can be changed up and reused depending on mood or whats in the fridge so these are a few of my favorites along with some of my favorite changes.

this site in general is awesome I use there recipes all the time. Diet recipes that are tastier then most normal recipes except I normally ignore the low fat version of the ingredients they suggest so my opinion may be screwed if you actually try an do it diet style.

Chicken roll ups
Chicken Rollatini with Spinach alla Parmigiana | Skinnytaste
a faster to make slightly less healthy version I love is to season the chicken with your favorite spices I use basil cayan and pepper then roll feta cheese inside wrap the whole roll in bacon and sprinkle some more spices and cheese on top.
but basically you can combine any number of fillings breadings wrapping or toppings and make these iv done it with cheddar and jalopinos b4 to so if your feeling adventures or short on ingredients its great and almost always Delicious plus somehow it manages to look fancy at least by my book if you have company over.

Homemade hot pockets
What About Pie: Pepperoni Rolls
with the roll up version its really bready so its very filling great for football games ect if you want to spoil yourself a little Iv used the dough to fold it over lots of fillings like a cal-zone or you can do it like a regular pizza but it cooks much faster that way. *just dont forget to let the dough rise before you roll it out and cook OPPsy*

black bean salsa
The Foodie Entourage: Cilantro-Lime Black Bean Salsa
I just use caned veggies and diced garlic when you do it that way it takes about 10 min to make. also works surprisingly well with pineapple and black olives in it. i love making this and getting a bag of pre cooked shrimp from the freezer section 10 min to shrimp taco heaven.

rice crispy spinoffs
Chocolate Nutella Scotcheroos | Sweet Pea's Kitchen
this 1 is my fav but rice crispy treats are surprisingly versatile make normal ones with chocolate chips these kind but top with peanut butter ect ect

cool fruit snack display
ZOOM . activities . cafe . Watermelon Guy | PBS Kids
yeah ok so the website sucks i dont even know how i ended up on that site 1 day all i know is fruit chunks on kabobs stuck inside a watermelon rind with a smiley face carved in it is really cool. I made this for a student gallery opening yeah just don't ask anyway the point is even college kids love it its cute its funny Its healthy and you get to sword fight with the kabobs when your done eating. plus it ended up being cheaper to make then it was to order a fruit platter. just beware you need a basically empty refrigerator to store this in until its ready to be eaten like seriously you need to be able to take the shelves out.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search