Belly button ring

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 28th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Veteran
Is there any way to save a belly button piercing, or is it a lost cause? I don't show it off, it's more of a thing to be proud of-I'm a needle wuss and almost passed out when I got it nearly 10 years ago!
May 28th, 2012, 08:06 PM
kristiemarie518's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You can get extra long bars to wear I think.

May 28th, 2012, 08:21 PM
Kaniscooo's Avatar Super Mommy
Yeah just google pregnancy belly button rings, and you can order them online

May 28th, 2012, 08:27 PM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
you can get pregnancy rings if your afraid of the normal 1 riping as you expand its really just small plastic tubing with stick in ends to look like a normal ring. they are about $15 each this way as you stretch and the holes move around the tubing contorts rather then pulling against and possible tearing out of your skin.

some people never grow enough for the normal rings to actually cause a problem. and I had a friend who had hers for several years it got uncomfortable about 4 months in so she took it out and wrote it off but the hole never actually closed up. I wouldn't write of your piercing yet there are plenty of options.

May 28th, 2012, 08:39 PM
*Ade*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know there are pregnancy rings, but I've had to take mine out around 18 weeks with each of my pregnancies and I've always been able to get it back in after my babies were born.

May 29th, 2012, 06:44 AM
Veteran
I actually have a navel piercing and took mine out around 20 something weeks cause it would poke through my shirt and I would get that dumb comment about my belly button popping out meaning I was "done"... I guess they thought the ring was my belly button. Anyway, my piercing never closed up. I was able to put a ring in it post baby with only a small amount of discomfort for a bout 2 days after I put it in. (use lots of bacitracin or vaseline). I got mine when I was 19 and had DS when I was 30. HTH some! I know everyone's body's are different - I could leave mine out pre-pregnancy if need be with no issues as well. If you cannot do that, I would spring for a pregnancy ring
May 29th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Derby Girl's Avatar Veteran
I have a belly piercing. I actually have a small length barbell and it is currently starting to hurt. Here is a website for the flexible long pregnancy piercing jewelry. You can also find them cheaper on ebay!
Pregnancy Piercings - Product Catalog
May 29th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Alaska Baby14's Avatar Gonna be a family of 4!
i had to go to spencer's this past weekend to get clear retainers for my lip rings, and they were doing buy 1 get one 1/2 off, so I got the pregnancy belly thingy. Its just a really long clear piece to put in. I dont know if I'll need it or not, but thats where I got mine.

<3

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search