I'm back and nervous!!!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 29th, 2012, 06:53 AM
Regular
Hi everyone,

I've been away from the board for a while as we had two trips in May. I'm now back and feeling BIGGER, which I guess is a good thing?!?!

I have had one scary thing happen: over the weekend I got a HORRIBLE migraine. It was so bad I was throwing up all day long and could barely keep any liquid down. I finally called the emergency OB and she prescribed Tylenol with codeine and an anti-nausea medication which seemed to help (after I slept it off for about two days)!

The nervous part of me feels scared about taking such a strong medication. My OB reassured me that everything would be fine but I hated taking a medication like codeine while pregnant. Have any of you been prescribed Tylenol with codeine or used it in past pregnancies? I only ended up taking two pills, but still. I guess I just need a little reassurance from you ladies????

Thanks and hello again!!!
May 29th, 2012, 06:57 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
Welcome back! I'm sure you'll be fine with having taken the T3. You only took 2 anyways. I wouldn't let it worry you.

May 29th, 2012, 07:06 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome back! I'm sure it'll be fine. Your doctor wouldn't let you take it if it wouldn't be.

May 29th, 2012, 07:37 AM
baybeecakes08's Avatar Super Mommy
My last pregnancy I took t3's daily for constant pain due to my gallbladder and my daughter is completely healthy and I took alot. Is then you did !!

[/url]
May 29th, 2012, 07:37 AM
KatherineD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to KatherineD Send a message via Yahoo to KatherineD
Welcome back! With my first, I had really bad headaches with her everyday from 30 weeks until I delivered at 38 weeks. I was prescribed T3 and took it on the days they were bad.

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my gorgeous siggy!!

May 29th, 2012, 08:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome back!

I'm sure the doctor wouldn't prescribe the medication if it were unsafe!

Thank you Katie (.:Shortcake:.) for my beautiful siggy!!

May 29th, 2012, 08:14 AM
Formerly "firstmommytobe"
Welcome back!! I'm sure the doctor wouldn't give you something that is harmful to the baby!

May 29th, 2012, 08:21 AM
LindsayGriff
I had a really bad headache a week ago that lasted 48 hrs and took 2 percocet during it. T3's are safe in pregnancy. The narcotics only get unsafe on the day of delivery as they can cause respiratory depression when the baby is born if the baby has some in their system.

Thank you peimum for my siggy
May 29th, 2012, 08:52 AM
sandpaper06's Avatar Mom of 3 darlings
I have a prescription of T3s that I keep with me for migraines. I try not to take them often (I've only done it twice in the 6 weeks I've had the prescription) but sometimes getting your body out of that kind of pain is more beneficial to the child than waiting and toughing it out.

Rest assured, codeine is safe enough for baby.
Caroline - November '12

May 29th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Alaska Baby14's Avatar Gonna be a family of 4!
Welcome back. I think you'll be fine. My friend has huge migraines when she's pregnant, they have to give her percocet (sp?) She's had 3 perfect babies so far and is now pregnant with her fourth!

<3
May 29th, 2012, 10:25 AM
Country928's Avatar Marisa
Glad Your back. You should be fine taking the t3. The doctor wouldnt rx anything that was not safe for Baby,
May 29th, 2012, 04:01 PM
Super Mommy
Glad you are feeling better!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search