family plans

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 29th, 2012, 08:59 AM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
so I was wondering if any of you had or maybe have a plan for your family. mine is a little childish but I just remembered that for most of my childhood this is how my life was going to happen............................................ .

I decided I was going to have a set of twins first 1 boy 1 girl and 2 years later I would have another girl then I would be set as far as kids go.

we would have a family dog either a shepherd, husky, or malamute.
I would have a cat
and once they reached an accountable age at which they could care for the pets each of my kids could chose 1 pet of there own. just to let you know the eldest daughter chooses a cat the son a retriever puppy and the youngest daughter a bunny *ok so I played house way to detailed*

we had a pool and me and my husband restored classic cars as a pass time oh and he worked for an event planning/ market/ reporting firm so my family got free passes to really cool stuff because it was his job to take us there and then tell how awesome or crappy the event was.

I also had a job at a local artsy store *the kind where people make crafts painting ect and the store consigns them* it also had a weekends kids art class where we would do cool crafts and projects with kids both my daughters favorite day was tie dyed shirt day but my son only liked model painting day * ok yeah my life plan was creepily specific*

the oldest daughter liked horses we didnt have room or money for 1 but we did get lots of tickets to rodeos ect from my hubbys job. the son played soccer and the younger daughter liked gymnastics.

also the youngest was the type that would always bring animals in the house and try to get me to let her keep them "becuse they were hurt and needed our help" even if the wernt the lest bit hurt.

So yeah this Is the setup for how I played house every time I played it throughout almost all of my childhood it wasn't even until i got older that I realized you couldn't actually just chose to have a boy or girl I kinda thought it was like window shopping you just said I want that 1 and they put it in your belly for you. retarded I know but I was so sure this would be exactly what happened. so I just though it might be kind of cool to hear the lives we all imagined for ourselves once upon a time or maby the lives our adult minds are actually taking steps to makes happen.

May 29th, 2012, 09:19 AM
LindsayGriff
As a child I told myself that I would have my kids early in life as my mom had my sister when she was 28 and me when she was 30 and I thought that was way to late in life and I would have my kids in my early 20's. I also wanted to be a veternarian when I grew up. Fast forward to later in life I was still in school in my early 20's and still had lots of school left to go, didn't get married till I was 25, had my first kid when I was 26 and here I am having my second child at age 30 just like my mom. I did enter the medical field but in people medicine, not animal medicine and I specifically did not choose pediatrics as I compared it to veternarian medicine in that they can't tell you what is wrong and that drove me nuts. It is funny how things change from what you think your perfect life should be like.

Thank you peimum for my siggy
May 29th, 2012, 11:10 AM
Lex&angels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My mom just loves reminding me that when I was 4 I wanted only one child, a girl, and her name would be Connie Bee.

But more seriously, I'm not sure if we will stop here at one child or adopt a second child. We will decide later.

We want to have 2 dogs when we have a house, our lhasa apso Gem and we want to get a Britany too. They are known for being hunting dogs but they make great family pets too and are one of the best breeds with children and are very obedient. We just need a yard and won't get one until we don't have a guinea pig anymore -- why risk it?

When we have enough free time, we would also like to foster future guide/service dogs but it is a lot of work so probably not until our child(ren) are in school.

May 29th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Alaska Baby14's Avatar Gonna be a family of 4!
I always thought I'd have my kids early too. I always wanted to be a stay at home mom. I loved the way my great grandparents did things and I wanted to have a life just like theirs! I did get married young but for whatever reason couldn't get pregnant and we ended up divorced anyway. Im finally having the life I always dreamed of! I'll be a SAHM and cook and clean for my husband

<3
May 29th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow, I wanted to be an astronaut and drive a yellow VW beetle. I wanted 4 children and whenever we played house when we were little our husbands were always in the navy (like my Dad) which is why it was just us and our dolls!

I´d still like 4 kids, but I gave up on the astronaut part when I realised it meant maths and physics!

May 29th, 2012, 02:06 PM
*Ade*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was going to have 4 kids-a boy, then a girl, then boy/girl twins. One of the boys would be named Bradley. I was going to get married young, and have all of my kids by age 25, and I'd be a SAHM or a secretary, haha. We would have a couple of cats, maybe a dog. My daughters would be in dance, my boys would play baseball. As a side note-I had a crush on my husband since I was in second grade. I always said I'd marry him (of course, there were other guys I crushed on later and also planned to marry, haha) and turns out, I did marry him

Real life-got married just before my 21st birthday. Got pregnant immediately and had a daughter. Had a son next, at the age of 23, almost 24. Had another boy right after I turned 26. And now, I'll have my last baby at 28. Not sure of gender yet. We have no cats, two dogs. My daughter does dance and gymnastics(though she took a semester off from dance), and the boys are not involved in sports yet. Mason will be playing soccer in the fall, though. Neither of my boys are named Bradley, and this one won't be either, if it's a boy. And I am a SAHM

May 29th, 2012, 02:20 PM
.h00dihoo.this.'s Avatar *Siggy.Legend*
Send a message via MSN to .h00dihoo.this. Send a message via Yahoo to .h00dihoo.this.
well i didnt PLAN for twins, i actually didn't WANT twins, but i always "prepared" myself for twins since it runs in my family.. boy/girl would have been most ideal

but if i got to choose my life.. i had only wanted a boy, and only ONE boy and i was going to be a single parent, i didnt want to get married ever.. thats about it

i actually achieved that, but when my son was a year old, i met my DH now and he completely changed my mind, we had a child together, which was supposed to be the only one.. but now on our second together.. and we are supposed to be done, but we said that after Van too... but we really dont WANT anymore because of DH and I both agree because him turning 30, he doesnt want to continue raising kids when he's 50 years old.. he wants kids out by then, or atleast old enough to care for themselves.. so that him and i can just travel..
but we don't use any sort of protections/preventions as far as man made preventions go.. we only do pull out and family planning.. so its always possible it could happen again.. and if it does, so be it but we arent planning anymore

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search