Having troubles at home

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 5 Post By Nicole1481
  • 1 Post By .h00dihoo.this.
  • 1 Post By .h00dihoo.this.
  • 1 Post By baybeecakes08

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 29th, 2012, 04:01 PM
SarahxSyanide's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm 21 years old and I still live at home. I'll be moving out in 3 days and my mother is still *****ing at me like I don't do anything. I haven't been home much in the last 2 weeks. I've been out with my boyfriend getting ready to move. I've been collecting boxes, and just being with him. I come home for one day and it's WWIII! I know she's got head issues, but I don't know how to deal with it! I'll say things like 'mom all you have to do is ask, but you're not nice about it first! You yell and scream and expect us to do something' I think that was pretty mild compared to me calling her a ***** or something like that.
So she goes on saying I 'need to be more careful about what you say, I can show you not nice! I can make your life hell'
So I remind her that she called me a ***** when she found out I was pregnant, and that I'm selfish and on and on.

So how come what I say whenever is always in play but not what she says?

She still looks at me like a child! She even says I'm 'the child' and she's the 'authority'

I just can't take this stress and it's making me worried about the babies health!
~Genevieve Violet Born October 31st at 10:42pm 10lbs 1oz 22inches.~
Breastfeeding for 5 months!
]
May 29th, 2012, 04:07 PM
Nicole1481's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry you are having troubles at home. It does sound stressful.

I dont really know the details of whats going on, but I can give you the POV of the" mom" side. My (almost 20yr old) son lives with me. I do expect him to do things around the house and such without me asking. My husband and I just feel since he is an adult he really should take some initiative and be proactive about things.

I hope things get better for you,

May 29th, 2012, 04:15 PM
I understand that. She just gets pissed off before even saying anything. I clean up after my self anywhere around the house, and I'll help with the dishes after dinner and clean up, but 'i don't do a **** thing' it's just like nothing is enough.
& It's worse because I haven't been home. I come home and she expects me to clean immediately and do everything they've slacked on while I was gone.
I understand helping around the house. I don't need the side remarks and the down talking.
]
May 29th, 2012, 04:19 PM
.h00dihoo.this.'s Avatar *Siggy.Legend*
Send a message via MSN to .h00dihoo.this. Send a message via Yahoo to .h00dihoo.this.
i agree with Nicole.. she probably feels like she shouldn't have to ask being you are an adult and you contribute using dishes, causing dust, etc..

can I ask, have you been rent free? if so then that is probably another contribute to where she is coming from.. i've been in your situation, i was pregnant at 19, had my son at 20.. but i took care of my younger sisters who are just turning into teenagers, i had to do things around the house, and while it pissed me off because my sisters at the time WERE fully capable of helping with cleaning, I had to do a lot of it.. at the time of course it frustrated the he** out of me.. and though im only 3-4 years since those times, a lot of it makes sense now.. i was living there rent free, i took up space in her home, i ate food out of the fridge.. when you move in with your boyfriend, maybe it will make more sense to you then lol.. that having to pick up after an adult is no fun!
~Tanya~ likes this.
May 29th, 2012, 04:26 PM
I was rent free yes, but I was also in a car accident in December and that left me in a hospital bed for 3 months. I obviously couldn't work then and I still can't work. I had a settlement and I just gave her 3k last week. I'm just trying to keep to myself and get ready to leave. I eat one meal a day at home. I don't eat the food here honestly because I don't like it, or it's all meal stuff and I cant just eat it. So I'll get my own food. I'm hoping that we can just get over the fighting and be happy. I'm also not the only child living at home. I'm the one moving out, but getting the **** for it -__-

Basically, I don't know what to do now. We fought, then she fought with my dad and I can't say I'm sorry because she'll start another fight. I can wait until tomorrow, but I only have 2 days left, so I just don't understand how she thinks anything is going to change. I'll help around the house, but it's not going to make her happy for long.
]
May 29th, 2012, 04:34 PM
.h00dihoo.this.'s Avatar *Siggy.Legend*
Send a message via MSN to .h00dihoo.this. Send a message via Yahoo to .h00dihoo.this.
your situation sounds very much like mine did.. so many in some years you will understand where she is coming from, instead of trying to understand when your so frustrated over it..

my mom and i get along MUCH better when we dont live with eachother.. my mom is a very strong willed, big mouthed person (apple didnt fall far from the tree though lol)..

i made up all these excuses as well when i b*** about the same things to others.. it wasnt until a couple years later, when im picking up after my husband, having to clean the trash he makes, having to put small things away that he used, cleaning the extra dishes he makes... having a husband/boyfriend/roomate is like having another child added lol... i am very lucky though my husband is a big help compared to most.. but i really never understood where my mother was coming from until then
KrisCriss09 likes this.
May 29th, 2012, 04:43 PM
Yeah I suppose you're right. I wish it were just easy to tell her that I'm sorry and I don't mean for the fights. I just don't want her to talk to me the way she does. That's all! I'm going to have to wait until tomorrow to say anything, but it's going to be awkward as hell until then.
]
May 29th, 2012, 04:44 PM
baybeecakes08's Avatar Super Mommy
my mom and i used to fight all the timeaswell.. and honestly when your not living with her it should get better.. its because your both women andowmen clash alot specially when living together.. at least thats my opinion !!
SarahxSyanide likes this.

[/url]
May 29th, 2012, 07:45 PM
Super Mommy
Hope things get better! My mom and i got closer when i got married and moved out.
May 29th, 2012, 11:36 PM
Regular
Things will get better when you move out, I promise you.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search