The next 6 weeks are going to be insane.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 30th, 2012, 08:05 AM
melrose09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So...my husband is Navy and we currently live in WA state. We got orders a few months ago to MD and the move date is fast approaching. We leave WA on June 23 with our 18 month old, two cats and a dog. We will drop the kid and pets off at my parents in PA HOPEFULLY June 28 since we have to be in Boston on June 29 for a wedding on the 30th. My husband has to fly from Boston back to Seattle to finish up his last week of work. I will stay with my parents until our stuff arrive in MD which will hopefully be that first week of July. I'll start unpacking and whatnot, pick up DH from Baltimore on the 7th, finish unpacking and then my parents will bring DS back down to up around the 13th. All this which trying to figure out who my new OB will be since my doc out here can write a referral for an out of state doctor so I need to see a general (PCM as we call them) as soon as I can in MD and get a referral for an OB since they don't have OB on the base that we are going to. Then, hopefully the OB can see me immediately so I can get my 20 anatomy scan done. it will probably have to wait until like 22 weeks or even later which I am so bummed about I'm trying to get my OB out here to do it at 17 weeks, but the radiology department is pretty strict. Hopefully she can pull some strings, but I'm doubtful.

Can it be August yet when I'm all settled in my new house in my new town?

Mommy to Sullivan Daniel - 12/11/10
May 30th, 2012, 09:01 AM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
Wow, you do have a lot going on. That sucks. I live in MD!
May 30th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
You are going to be one busy mama!!! I used to live in MD - just down the road from Melanie actually. My dad worked out at Ft. Mead. Is that where you are being stationed?

May 30th, 2012, 09:18 AM
KatherineD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to KatherineD Send a message via Yahoo to KatherineD
oh man!! That's a lot going on!

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my gorgeous siggy!!

May 30th, 2012, 09:25 AM
rhill4455's Avatar Mom to 3 girls and a boy!
Send a message via AIM to rhill4455 Send a message via Yahoo to rhill4455
Hate how hectic PCS moves can get. Looking back and our moves with one kid were easy as can be. Now, I dread getting PCS orders!! Good Luck with the move!

May 30th, 2012, 09:26 AM
Alaska Baby14's Avatar Gonna be a family of 4!
Thats going to be hectic! I feel your pain about the dr... Im in Nebraska now but moving back to NC soon, but Im going to wait until after my u/s to go! I'd go sooner but Im on no real time crunch.. as DF isn't coming back from Afghanistan til August *hopefully* Good luck with your move!!

<3

Last edited by Alaska Baby14; May 30th, 2012 at 09:48 AM.
May 30th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Veteran
Ur gonna be busy! Im moving myself. LEaving in 31 days from now. I went ahead and found a OB in the new town. She said lucky I called, they were already booked to mid July! I went ahead and got the kids into the pedi too. Summer tends to be busy with kids needing shots for school. Might look into that.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search