Low BP?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 30th, 2012, 09:58 AM
kristap4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to kristap4
I had an appt with my OB this morning and when the nurse took my blood pressure it was 98/69. Is that low? The dr. didn't say anything about it but i had my DS with me and he was not behaving very well so not sure if she just missed it as I felt rushed. And would low bp be causing the insane headache that doesn't seem to want to go? or even shortness of breath?

I did bring up to her about the shortness of breath i have been having and she said its definately not from my uterus and she ordered some blood work and an ekg, but now i'm wondering if it could possibly be from low bP?
May 30th, 2012, 10:11 AM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
98/69 being low... it really depends on your baseline BP. Do you know what your normal BP is when you aren't pregnant? Without taking into account a baseline it is in the "normal" range of BP and on the lower end of the spectrum. But it is a healthy low, not an alarming low if that makes sense?

That being said low BP CAN cause headaches and dizziness and other symptoms. If you are worried about it, I'd definitely talk to your OB!
My blood pressure drops in the beginning of pregnancy and I get dizzy spells frequently if I don't make sure my water intake is up and my nutrition is good.
HTH!

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]

forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
May 30th, 2012, 10:24 AM
kristap4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to kristap4
Quote:
Originally Posted by RootBudSkyTree View Post
98/69 being low... it really depends on your baseline BP. Do you know what your normal BP is when you aren't pregnant? Without taking into account a baseline it is in the "normal" range of BP and on the lower end of the spectrum. But it is a healthy low, not an alarming low if that makes sense?

That being said low BP CAN cause headaches and dizziness and other symptoms. If you are worried about it, I'd definitely talk to your OB!
My blood pressure drops in the beginning of pregnancy and I get dizzy spells frequently if I don't make sure my water intake is up and my nutrition is good.
HTH!
It is normally high and i'm usually on meds for it.. After my first couple of appointments with my OB after getting preggo she took me off the meds because it was not high... Seems to be lower and lower every time i go in, and she doesn't really say anything about it.... So my normal is usually high, and with the meds it is the high end of normal....
May 30th, 2012, 11:57 AM
fancypants27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
BP tends to get low in the 2nd trimester. I currently have low bp and had it in my last pg. 98/69 is nothing to be alarmed about, but if you are concerned definitely talk to your dr. I believe some ladies in my last DDC told me to drink gatorade and it would help with the dizziness. (it either worked, or my bp was going to rise anyway..)

May 30th, 2012, 12:29 PM
Veteran
Im always low. Have all my life. Im just like my Grandma. When I go to a new Dr they always look at me funny and ask if I always have low BP. yup. Im not sure what BP are suppose to be. I just always know they say its so low. I have a pulse and Im not dead. LOL Sorry Im no help

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search