If you could choose what gender you have

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree21Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 30th, 2012, 11:39 AM
Regular
What would you choose? You don't have to give a reason if you don't want to.

For me, I would choose 2 boys. Two reasons - I have 38 nieces & just 11 nephews, the last 15 born have been all girls. But the more serious reason, I have Multiple Sclerosis which is twice as common in girls than boys.

May 30th, 2012, 11:48 AM
rhill4455's Avatar Mom to 3 girls and a boy!
Send a message via AIM to rhill4455 Send a message via Yahoo to rhill4455
I don't know! People keep asking me which I am hoping for and I honestly dont know. I guess I am just hoping its healthy!! Both sexes have thier ups and downs so I can not say one way or the other what I prefer!

I want another boy because I would love for Connor to have a little brother and it would even it up, two girls, two boys. Also boy would be cheaper because of hand me down clothes, they can share a room etc... Having 2 girls already will be hell as it is one they hit puberty and those hormones are out of control. They are full of drama ALL the time! Boys can be easier once they hit this stage of puberty!

I also would love another girl because I am afraid of having two boys. The stories I hear from DH about him and his brother scare me. Fights that end with broken furniture and holes in the walls. Connor is only 2 and eats more than his sisters put together. I can not imagine having to feed 2 teenage boys plus friends when they have friends over. Boys are crazy! They are always trying to pull of supid stunts. Connor is always trying to ride his ride on toys down the stairs. (He gets hurt every time. Nothing serious yet though) He is only 2. I can not image when he gets older the stunts he will try to pull off. Then add a brother to coax eachother/egg each other on into doing stupid things.

Just too hard to choose one over the other!
tinx, Nicole1481 and Ame C like this.

May 30th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Super Mommy
One boy and one girl!
May 30th, 2012, 12:40 PM
katie2510's Avatar Veteran
I have a little 2 year old boy... I think I hope this baby is a girl... just because every mom wants a little girl

May 30th, 2012, 12:46 PM
KatherineD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to KatherineD Send a message via Yahoo to KatherineD
Girl. Boys scare me. I've never met a boy that either wasn't out of control, mean or just plain weird, lol! I don't know if I'm made for that kind of energy.
BlndGrl8 likes this.

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my gorgeous siggy!!

May 30th, 2012, 01:02 PM
x0__NiNi's Avatar Member
Girl! We already have two boys, plus my brother & sister both have a boy of their own so we are in dire need of more estrogen
May 30th, 2012, 01:02 PM
rhill4455's Avatar Mom to 3 girls and a boy!
Send a message via AIM to rhill4455 Send a message via Yahoo to rhill4455
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatherineD View Post
Girl. Boys scare me. I've never met a boy that either wasn't out of control, mean or just plain weird, lol! I don't know if I'm made for that kind of energy.
That was me when I was pregnant with #3!! Even though I wanted #2 to be a boy! After having two girls I wanted to stick with what was familar and what I knew. Besides all the neighbor kids that were boys were ALWAYS out of control and just crazy! I didn't think i had the energy for boys. Now that I have one, I am finding the energy but I do feel my boy takes a lot more out of me than my girls ever did!

May 30th, 2012, 01:05 PM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
I'm glad we can't choose because I don't know what I would have done. A part of me really wanted a boy so I would have 1 of each, but then I feel like I "know" girls better and am not sure what I would do with a boy. Another part wanted a girl for Akadia to have a sister to play with. I'm glad it's up to fate!
tinx and Ame C like this.

May 30th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Derby Girl's Avatar Veteran
I would like another boy! I have a 9 year old son, but I do not want a girl. I'll find out what I am having in a couple weeks!
May 30th, 2012, 01:26 PM
Veteran
I REALLY want a girl. I mean REALLY BAD! For one it would even things up. Plus a deep dark secret I have hidden and I will probably not ever share it with anyone. People would look down on me. Its my life though. :-/

May 30th, 2012, 02:50 PM
Lex&angels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm having a girl which works out nicely since I had a slight preference for a girl anyway!

May 30th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Boy. I'de like ds to have a little bother bec/ i grew up with a sister and so i know what its like to have the same gender sibling. Plus, obviously cheaper since i could re use all of ds's clothes.

Another reason i think a boy would be better is bec i have an 8 year old step daughter who is obsessed with dh and i think that it might be hard for her mentally for Daddy to have a little girl here and i wouldnt want her to feel like a new daughter would replace her. She actually says she wants a sister though so i guess it works out either way

May 30th, 2012, 03:11 PM
BlndGrl8's Avatar Kaitlin & Cameron's Mommy
I would love to have another girl. I'm very girly myself and I love all of the girl things. I think it would be great for Kaitlin to have a little sister. I'll have to learn boy stuff if we have a boy, lol!
May 30th, 2012, 03:12 PM
LindsayGriff
I really want a girl so I can have one of each and be satisfied with being done with our family. If I have another boy I will be considering a third child because I still would want that girl.

Thank you peimum for my siggy
May 30th, 2012, 03:28 PM
Mommyx12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad I don't have to choose because I don't know what I'd do! Part of me would like a boy because our last two have been girls and we only have 3 boys. But I think this will be our last and like for a boy to have a brother close in age and there will be 5 years between this baby and our youngest son. Only almost 2 between this baby and our youngest. Plus I have so much girl stuff and cute baby clothes that I'd love to use again. I really don't think I have a preference either way. I just want to know!!!
tinx likes this.
May 30th, 2012, 03:46 PM
Nicole1481's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would love a little boy.

May 30th, 2012, 03:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I would like to have a boy... I have one of each & though they both have their ups and downs, I've discovered I don't like the drama having a girl involves. Both my kids are great, but girls can really be vicious to each other *sigh* As long as I am blessed with a healthy baby at the end of this journey, I'll even take a girl
tinx likes this.

Thank you Katie (.:Shortcake:.) for my beautiful siggy!!

May 30th, 2012, 04:05 PM
Mollyjayne's Avatar Super Mommy
At first I didn't care either way. We weren't even going to find out. But my mom SWEARS it's a boy and that's annoying me a little, and now dd wants a girl so I kinda do too. Plus my SO's family doesn't have any girls
All boys so I think a girl would be cool. But so would a boy, more cousins to play with a new experience
I'm down with whatever but 51% want a girl.
tinx likes this.
May 30th, 2012, 04:13 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm having a boy and I'm excited about that because we want one boy and one girl, but the boy first. We like the idea of the boy being the oldest because I know lots of people who have an older brother and he was protective of her so I'd want that possibility for my kids. My brother was always a bit protective of my sister, but since I'm the oldest he was never that way with me.

We did do a slight gender sway for a boy just with timing and my diet. I'm not sure how much it actually works, but we did end up with a boy.

May 30th, 2012, 06:06 PM
sandpaper06's Avatar Mom of 3 darlings
I don't know!! A boy because my DD is already drama. A girl because they are stronger as babies and I would love to avoid the NICU especially with the fall/winter season coming when we are due.

Really, I will love whomever we end up with, so not real desires here. Just glad I don't have to make the decision!
Caroline - November '12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search