Disappointed

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 3 Post By katie2510
  • 4 Post By Ame C
  • 1 Post By Hopolka
  • 1 Post By 3Sapphires

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 30th, 2012, 11:49 AM
LiamsMother's Avatar Amanda (Amahnda)
Iím really disappointed that weíre having a boy, Iíll be honest. Iím lucky to have a healthy child and I should be grateful for that, but I really, really, really, wanted a girl. His name is Nolan McConnell. Nolan was my grandmotherís maiden name and McConnell was DHís grandmotherís maiden name. Eventually, Iíll be really happy about this. Iím just not there, yet.

May 30th, 2012, 11:51 AM
katie2510's Avatar Veteran
hey I don't blame you... That is the same boat i'm in. We haven't been able to find out what we are having yet but i really really really want a girl too... keep that head up and you are right... in the end it will all work out and 20 years from now you will look back and say that you wouldn't have wanted it any other way

May 30th, 2012, 11:58 AM
KatherineD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to KatherineD Send a message via Yahoo to KatherineD
Congrats on a little boy Take the time you need to process the info. It's ok to be disappointed

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my gorgeous siggy!!

May 30th, 2012, 11:58 AM
rhill4455's Avatar Mom to 3 girls and a boy!
Send a message via AIM to rhill4455 Send a message via Yahoo to rhill4455
I know how you feel. With baby #2 I really wanted a boy!! I already had my girl and I wanted my momma's boy!! I was really heart broken that I was having another girl. That little girl now I love to death and can not imagine my world with out her in it!! She is so great in so many ways that I am glad I didn't get my boy! I love the relationship my two girls have developed. They truely are best of friends. I don't think they would be this close had she been a boy! I wouldn't change it for the world!! I know you will come around but its still sad I know!

May 30th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
Awe, I'm sorry hun! I will admit that I felt a little let down when I found out this baby was a girl. I had a feeling it was, but I really kind of wanted a boy this time. Now that I know it's a girl though, I wouldn't change it. I've got myself all excited now about having a little sister for Akadia and I know in the long run she'll probably be a lot happier about a little sister than she would be a little brother. Although, I still hope to have one sometime in the future if I can talk DH into a third.

May 30th, 2012, 12:22 PM
Veteran
Im sorry. hugs. Im sure in time you will come around. Take the time for it to sink in.

May 30th, 2012, 01:46 PM
Lex&angels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry you didn't get your girl this time.

May 30th, 2012, 01:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm the opposite, i'de like another boy and ill be a little bummed if im having a girl

May 30th, 2012, 02:15 PM
BlndGrl8's Avatar Kaitlin & Cameron's Mommy
Aww I'm sorry you are feeling disappointed I'm sure it will pass and Liam will have a little brother to play with!
May 30th, 2012, 02:24 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
I know I have seen you talk about wanting a large family.. Keep your chin up. Maybe next time you will be blessed with 2 beautiful little girls.

May 30th, 2012, 03:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry you aren't having your little girl

I Nolan McConnell - lovely meaning behind the selection.

Thank you Katie (.:Shortcake:.) for my beautiful siggy!!

May 30th, 2012, 03:10 PM
Nicole1481's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations on your healthy baby boy!

I know how you feel. I was sure my 3rd was a boy and when it turned out at my ultrasound to be a girl, I had to do an insane amount of shopping to get over it.

I hope you are feeling better about it soon.

May 30th, 2012, 04:05 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry it didn't turn out the way you wanted. I'm sure you'll fall in love with him, though. I would feel a little disappointed if my second child is a boy, too, since we want one of each, so I can understand why you're disappointed.

May 30th, 2012, 04:36 PM
Hopolka's Avatar Wife, Mom of 1, Expecting
I'm sorry you're disappointed. I bet Liam will love a little playmate regardless . I hope you get a little girl in the near future for sure though!
LiamsMother likes this.
May 30th, 2012, 05:31 PM
Enceinte2012's Avatar Super Mommy
I am sorry you didn't get your girl this time - but at least you want a big family, so you can try again!

~*~Meghann~*~
Proud Mommy to Amber and Addyson

May 30th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Super Mommy
I am sorry you are disappointed. Try to think how well the boys will get along and the bond of brothers. It will take some time to adjust to the new "dream" but I am sure before long you will be super excited about another son.
May 30th, 2012, 08:00 PM
*Ade*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry you're feeling disappointed. But as everyone has said, and I know you know it in your heart, that disappointment will be a distant memory!!! I know you've said you have plans for more children-which means still a chance for a baby girl

P.S. LOVE the name Nolan, and I'd use it in a heartbeat if it didn't happen to be 2 of my sisters last name (they're are my step sisters, but still my sisters).

May 30th, 2012, 08:19 PM
Pixie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry you're disappointed. I have to admit I will be too if I find out this one is a boy (although I am already feeling like it is). When they place that baby in your arms at birth, though, any feelings of disappointment will melt away and you will only feel love!

May 30th, 2012, 09:01 PM
3kids3cats's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I understand that longing for a daughter.
It's only natural to be in love with a certain idea. I hope you will feel better about the idea quickly. I really think same sex siblings are so fortunate to have each other. It's the greatest gift you can give your son...and I'm sure you will soon see how wonderful it is for you too.

May 31st, 2012, 04:45 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
lurking from the sept ddc.

Just wanted to offer some hugs. I am in the same boat, this is my 3rd and final baby and he is another boy. I am doing my best to be excited, but I still have days where I find myself thinking - maybe the u/s was wrong - even though at the second u/s we got a good look at the goods.

It is ok to be disappointed, give yourself time to work through your emotions.
LiamsMother likes this.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**

Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search