Movies

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Blue-Jay

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 30th, 2012, 04:18 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
So who has dared the movies with baby in tow?

I tried to watch Avengers with Winter. It ended with me way down in front alone nursing and bouncing her on my knee like crazy. I think she might have just been cold. In the summer you need a blanket, in the winter you need short sleeves!

Last edited by Spyctre; May 30th, 2012 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Was going to be OT, but then the topic changed.
May 30th, 2012, 06:43 PM
MissusF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wanted to take Claire to a movie when she was a newborn but DH thought the volume would be too loud for her. I don't think she would be quiet through the whole movie now.

Claire Ellene 2/13/12 8 lbs 6 oz 21"

May 30th, 2012, 08:41 PM
-Bailey-'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We went to see hunger games shortly after she was born. It wasn't too bad, she was pretty quiet except towards the end I ended up having to go to the side and nurse her.

I would not attempt it now though for sure.

May 31st, 2012, 05:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Maybe we could have gone to the movies with her when she was still in that i-just-went-throug-labor-I'm-practically-in-a-coma phase but anytime after the first week would definitely not have been fun for any of us. She is pretty high maintenance and was even worse the first 10 weeks or so. Even then she fought naps and wouldn't stay asleep long; when she was awake she wanted to be in motion.

Make a pregnancy ticker
May 31st, 2012, 10:05 AM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
I think you are very, very brave to attempt it. I do not believe that Robby will be able to be quiet in a movie theater until he is approximately 26 years of age. Judging by his history.
HubbysSweetheart likes this.

May 31st, 2012, 08:54 PM
HubbysSweetheart's Avatar Little Jo married Laurie!
The only way I would consider it is if we could be the only ones in the theater! That way if she was fussy (big possiblility) it wouldn't wind up a big waste of money with us leaving 15 min into the movie..... we did go to a high school production of 'sound of music' and had to leave at the intermission because we mis-judged the length. They had it SOOO hot in there that it made her fussy and holding her just made it worse. Having to pay for three tickets only to walk out cured me of wanting to try for a movie.

June 1st, 2012, 04:45 PM
RandE's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Rhydian startles at loud noises to easy. He wouldn't like it. He's also not very patient to just sit, he always wants to be doing something.

June 1st, 2012, 05:43 PM
Doodlebug06's Avatar Doodlebug
I've taken jade to a few. We just get in a cozy corner and I nurse her if she gets fussy then she goes to sleep.

Jade Ja Kang
1-18-12
10:52 a.m.
18.5 inches
6lb 10 oz

June 2nd, 2012, 12:38 AM
-Bailey-'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
FYI:
Most movie theaters will refund your money if you don't sit through much of it. I remember having to make my dad leave a movie when I was younger cause it was loud and therefore scary, they gave him his money back when they saw us leaving and asked why.

Just in case anyone wants to attempt it

June 4th, 2012, 12:08 PM
ASoldiersLuckyCharm's Avatar Three's A Charm <3
Send a message via ICQ to ASoldiersLuckyCharm Send a message via Yahoo to ASoldiersLuckyCharm Send a message via Skype™ to ASoldiersLuckyCharm
We will be with in the next month or so. We normally can't go due to having David and Zoey.

all graphics made by Jackie at http://cutesypies.livejournal.com/ & http://blushfuls.com/ tell her Judy sent you
June 4th, 2012, 03:35 PM
Coby Jaylen Aubriya mom
we did the drive in so that was nice we were in our own car and she fell asleep in hubbies arm then slept in her carseat through all the movies (they play 3 but we left after the 2nd one cuz we were tired)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search