Is DH/SO starting to fall into the fatherhood role?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Ame C
  • 2 Post By NewGurl
  • 1 Post By LoveBeingMrsA
  • 1 Post By Alaska Baby14
  • 1 Post By Ame C
  • 1 Post By Belita

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 30th, 2012, 05:40 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
Have you noticed your DH/SO being more involved, active, or excited about baby?

This is DH and I's first bundle of joy, so of course this is all pretty new and exciting to us. Mommy mode hit me like a wave as soon as I got the BFP. I have been so excited and starting to make plans for baby. DH has been excited of course, however I just don't feel like it had really "hit" him yet. Now that baby is growing and I am wearing more and more maternity clothes, I have noticed a change in DH. It's a good change, I really like it.

Normally when DH is home from work and we have spent some time together, he goes to his xbox360 or playstation like I'm sure some of your dear men do as well. Recently he hasn't touched his games. He has been very helpful unpacking and moving things in their place in our new home. Although laundry and dirty dishes seem to still be my job . DH has been offering to make lunch/dinner and also encouraging me to eat, reminding me that the baby might like a snack.. lol. He took me to the park the other day to feed ducks and OMGoodness there were AT LEAST 30 ducks, it was so much fun. Then memorial day weekend we picked up some worms from Wal-Mart and went fishing just the 2 of us. This evening he brought out a 500 piece puzzle and spent an hour or so laughing and putting it together.

A few days ago DH said "Hurry up and get big BIG already!!"...
I was like "Why do you want me to get big BIG!?!?"...
DH said "Because that means the baby is almost here!"...
I think he is really starting to get excited about being a father and I can totally see us taking the baby (when they are old enough) fishing, to the park to feed ducks, sitting down as a family putting together puzzles. I love that man.

Anyone else noticing some pleasant changes?
anhoyle likes this.
May 30th, 2012, 06:03 PM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
He is being more helpful I get worn out super easily and at first he basically told me to stop playing pity party but lately he has been super nice an helpfull. he asks if there is anything I need, yesterday I ran out of fruit snacks and he went to the store an bought more. I never even mentioned I was out he just walked in and handed them to me I was like OMG who are you and what have you done with my BF.

And I have caught him doing more and more of what I call daddy practice like combing my hair or the other day he cooked steaks for dinner and he started cutting mine up into little pieces I was rolling laughing.
Alaska Baby14 and Ame C like this.

May 30th, 2012, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGurl View Post
He is being more helpful I get worn out super easily and at first he basically told me to stop playing pity party but lately he has been super nice an helpfull. he asks if there is anything I need, yesterday I ran out of fruit snacks and he went to the store an bought more. I never even mentioned I was out he just walked in and handed them to me I was like OMG who are you and what have you done with my BF.

And I have caught him doing more and more of what I call daddy practice like combing my hair or the other day he cooked steaks for dinner and he started cutting mine up into little pieces I was rolling laughing.
Haha yes! Those are the little things I have been noticing too and it just feels good doesn't it? Lol men are so funny; They put on this tough guy persona, but us women know deep down inside they have some pink in there too.
May 30th, 2012, 06:11 PM
Veteran
I can tell a change somewhat. He's better than when I first found out I was pregnant. It's been irritating the crap out of me because we REALLY need to start organizing our house (we live in a rental until we find land to build our house on). Our rental is a 2 (tiny) bedrooms/1 bath house. We have to move a lot of our things into storage & he keeps thinking we can put it off for a while before we do anything. I've been begging to do this but he's a typical male - does everything but what his wife wants I'm sure this will change tho as it becomes more real to him! I'm hoping that's at my next u/s (June 22)
Ame C likes this.
May 30th, 2012, 06:12 PM
Alaska Baby14's Avatar Gonna be a family of 4!
That is sooo cute!! it makes me wish DF was here soooo bad!!! He can't experience anything yet but he'll tell me to tell the baby he loves us, he'll make sure Im taking care of myself, etc.. as much as he can possibly do while being a million miles away. he only see's my belly grow by pictures.. but he'll come online and say "hows my belly looking?!?!" which means he wants a new picture.. so its things like that that show me he's excited
Ame C likes this.

<3
May 30th, 2012, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbaby02 View Post
he only see's my belly grow by pictures.. but he'll come online and say "hows my belly looking?!?!" which means he wants a new picture.. so its things like that that show me he's excited
I think that's sooo romantic! I love little things like that, it shows us how lucky we are to have found good men.
Alaska Baby14 likes this.
May 30th, 2012, 07:00 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
A little bit. I catch him eyeing my belly with pride. He takes my belly pics without complaint. If I'm tired he tells me to go nap, when usually he'd be on me to go do something. I notice him getting a little more into it with each ultrasound and milestone passed. He still won't touch or kiss my belly without prompting, but he looks happy when I say "Say goodnight to Sean!" and leans over and rubs and kisses my belly and says "Goodnight, Sean!" He's also being a little more accommodating to me in general.
Ame C likes this.

May 30th, 2012, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belita View Post
A little bit. I catch him eyeing my belly with pride. He takes my belly pics without complaint. If I'm tired he tells me to go nap, when usually he'd be on me to go do something. I notice him getting a little more into it with each ultrasound and milestone passed. He still won't touch or kiss my belly without prompting, but he looks happy when I say "Say goodnight to Sean!" and leans over and rubs and kisses my belly and says "Goodnight, Sean!" He's also being a little more accommodating to me in general.
I know what you mean about having to prompt for some belly attention. I have to initiate most of the attention myself, but I think it's hard for a man to act all mushy to our baby bumps. I really think male pride is the main issue with that. It's easier to baby talk a baby, not a belly... or at least that's my speculation.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search