This may seem petty... OT

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By newserenity

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 30th, 2012, 09:33 PM
Kaniscooo's Avatar Super Mommy
(Sorry so long) But, I've really got to get something off my chest. My living situation at the time is kind of complicated. As I've mentioned lots of times before we own a private nursing home that is INSIDE of our home. It's a big house, 9 bedrooms 5 bathrooms, and kind of separated so we have home life on one side, business on the other. We just built a kitchen/living room/bathroom in what was the first garage so we would really be able to separate home and work better. Now, my grandmother ( who originally owned the business ) is still living here, but we are in the process of buying the house from her. My brother is living here too... He's 24. Alright now that the pictures kind of painted for you this is my problem....

The back part of the house is built weird... you walk in to the living room/ kitchen we built then theres two doors one outside and one to my brothers room. So we have to walk either around the house to one of the other back doors or through his room to get to our room which is right on the other side of his. What connects our rooms are a hallway that also connects to the other side of the house... that sounds complicated lol. I understand that he wants privacy, who wouldn't. He's usually pretty cool about us walking through when his girlfriends not here but SHE'S ALWAYS HERE! He wants no one knocking on his door, or trying to go through when she's here. TBH that's understandable, I get it... But as I said this is a big house and it's such a PITA to have to go all the way around just to grab something from our living room. >.< It particularly pisses off my husband, but we just moved back from living alone together for 3 years and it's been an adjustment having family around all the time, no privacy, family members just go in our refrigerator and take what they want. Things are used as they want to without asking... it's like being a teenager again and it's driving me insane! Also, his gf just walks in as she pleases.... She comes when my brother isn't here sometimes so what if we were being intimate in our living room (we should be allowed to do that right?? lol) and she just walks right on in? It seems so disrespectful to me. His friends do the same. If she's in a bad mood she'll come barreling through our living room slamming doors and being really loud. I love my brother to death, him and I are very close and I hate wanting him to move out. But, I really feel like once he's got his own place this will really start to feel like ours. Idk... I really feel bad about getting so annoyed at the situation but it's frustrating.

I have talked to him, but he is equally as frustrated at the situation. He plans on moving out when he proposes to her in a couple months. Am I a terrible sister for counting down the days?! We're losing our minds here.

May 30th, 2012, 10:25 PM
newserenity's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That sounds like a really frustrating situation, especially while pregnant! We had my SIL and her two kids living with us for 6 months and the lack of privacy almost pushed me over the edge! I hope that by the time baby gets here you have the privacy you need. When you start nesting you are gonna want to nest your brother and his gf right out of the house! LOL I've been there when DH's brother was staying with us as well and I totally understand. It's so hard to share a home with a second family. Try to hang in there, you will make it even though its hard right now.
Kaniscooo likes this.

May 31st, 2012, 04:39 AM
Jamyandcrew's Avatar Veteran
Absolutely not! My bro. I. Law has lived with us twice, and each time left me insane and desperate and it got pretty ugly...but he was lazy, annoying and an alcoholic so my problem was a little different. Bottom line is adults need privacy and it almost never works out with these arrangements. Just be glad he wants our too and is planning for it!!
May 31st, 2012, 05:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't think your a bad sister for wanting him out... in that situation, I would too!!! I would intentionally walk through his room on occassion just to get him to want to move out

Thank you Katie (.:Shortcake:.) for my beautiful siggy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search