Dunno what to do!?!?!?!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 31st, 2012, 03:35 PM
Alaska Baby14's Avatar Gonna be a family of 4!
In need of advice!!!

Okay, so right now I live in Nebraska and in about a month I will be moving back to North Carolina... Im going to have to apply for medicaid as soon as I get there and find a doctor. I'll be what.. almost 6 months pregnant?!?!

Here's my dilemma.. When DF gets back... do we get married before the baby is born or wait until after?? I cant wait to marry him and be his wife.. BUT as soon as we get married, I'll lose my health insurance and have to get on his AND have to switch doctors again.. since he's military, I wont really have a choice as to where I can go, my questions are, would they take me with only a month or two left in my pregnancy, or do I even take that chance?! When is it too late to switch doctors? Since its a military hospital, Im sure receiving a pregnant lady so close to her due date isnt an uncommon thing.. military people move all the time and it doesnt matter if you're pregnant or not... I dont know what to do!!!!! What do you think?!?!?!

<3
May 31st, 2012, 03:48 PM
Nicole1481's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would wait to get married. Its going to be a PITA to change insurance and Drs. again.

May 31st, 2012, 05:16 PM
MoonMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would also wait. It won't matter as far as the new baby is concerned - there's no box they check on the birth certificate that says whether or not the parents are married! And changing providers can be a big hassle, as well as changing your name on EVERYTHING. My DH and I were married for a year before I officially changed my name!

baby Roger @ 7 months

May 31st, 2012, 05:21 PM
KatherineD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to KatherineD Send a message via Yahoo to KatherineD
I do know with tricare, you can go see an off base provider (my doc takes it). I've gotta think if it's prime or standard, but I think it's prime. Maybe find a provider that takes both (I believe mine does as well, at least it did with my second, but I'm not sure). So, that's an option.

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my gorgeous siggy!!

May 31st, 2012, 05:59 PM
Mommyx12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
They will take you. When dh was in the Army we moved to Germany and I was almost 8 mos pregnant when I got there. Only thing was I had no relationship with the docs but with the way it was there, I wouldn't have anyway. At Ft Campbell, I was able to request and see the midwife I wanted most times. Depends on what you feel comfortable with.
May 31st, 2012, 06:10 PM
I have thought about trying to find someone that takes both medicaid and tricare... I guess I'll just play it by ear and wait and see when exactly he's coming home.. we have an idea.... but... it can always change... thanks for the advice ladies!!!

<3
May 31st, 2012, 07:04 PM
Veteran
If you find a doctor that takes both tricare and medicaid and you get married before you have the baby, you will be enrolled in tricare standard automatically (after he does all the paperwork) so you can still see your civilian doctor. I switched from Blue Cross to tricare 2 days before my daughter was born and didn't have a problem. The big hassle will be changing your name if you choose to do that.

May 31st, 2012, 07:33 PM
Hmmm... I may have to look into that.. the problem is going to just be timing!!! If it was like 3 months pregnant, I'd have no fear getting married and what not.. but I'll be so far into my pregnancy, i dont know if I want all that hassle!!

<3
May 31st, 2012, 07:34 PM
Country928's Avatar Marisa
I personally would wait, but i also would look for a doctor that took both medicaid and tricare so if you did decide to get married before you wouldnt be switching doctors.
May 31st, 2012, 07:58 PM
Mommyx12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not sure how it is there but here you wouldn't loose you medicaid when you got married. Here if you get other insurance, the insurance pays first and then medicaid pays what isn't covered. I think I'd try to find a doc that took both so you wouldn't have to worry about switching or it being covered.
May 31st, 2012, 08:00 PM
Veteran
Is there any difference in the price of care & delivery between tricare & Medicaid? If not, maybe one is less of a paperwork hassle? Also, since you're planning to move to be close to his base, are there any differences in the way the military will treat you / you and him if you were married vs not? It sounds like you'll have a lot of change going on, I can't imagine how overwhelming it must be!
May 31st, 2012, 08:09 PM
im not sure what the price difference is... but ive thought about that too... and the military wont treat us any different.. he still gets paternity leave even tho were not married... hes still the dad is what he told me... that made me happy

<3
May 31st, 2012, 11:30 PM
Regular
I would definitely wait. How special will it be to have your little baby at the wedding???

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search