Any of you ladies get a prenatal massage? & did it induce labor?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 1st, 2012, 11:44 AM
Veteran
Im 38w 4 days and going for one tonight wondering if it's really true that it could lead into labor, thank u
June 1st, 2012, 03:15 PM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think there are some pressure points -- in the ankles? -- that are rumored to kickstart labor. I know that after I went into pre-term labor, my OB told me not to get foot massages!

I had a wonderful prenatal massage at around 20 weeks and had no labor symptoms at all. I would have gotten them way more often if I hadn't wound up on bed rest! I LOVE massages.
June 2nd, 2012, 03:42 AM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I did a few weeks ago, I did not go into labor!

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
June 2nd, 2012, 01:43 PM
Devan'sMama's Avatar ♥Devan's Mama♥
I did when I was 40w exactly and it was heaven. It did not put me into labor, hehe.
June 2nd, 2012, 01:51 PM
Dhartanya's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
There are some pressure point on the foot that "may" promote labour...
However, Im told that alot of pressure is needed to activate them.

I was taking an RMT course and my instructor did tell us of a time, he gave his pregnant friend a foot massage (she wanted him to push those specific pressure points) and she did go into labour within the hour. He doesnt believe he had anything do to with it though.

Any registered massage therepist should have enough knowledge to stay away from a specific area (like those points on the foot).

Just make sure its a registered MT that has a certificate from actual place and knows about side laying, etc and is experianced with working with pregnant clients.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search