wish list Help from the momies

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By BlndGrl8
  • 2 Post By Think4Yourself

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 1st, 2012, 12:27 PM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
dont worry im not asking for your money lol my address isnt even programed in yet so you couldn't send me stuff even if you wanted to.

I do much better at figuring things out when I can see it so I took a few baby stuff checklists and some of the suggestions from the board and made an amazon wishlist with stuff Im getting for Baby.

Amazon.com: Kelly Shuler: baby

the list as far as I know has all of the main things I will need Other then a crib Im sure Ill go 1st time mommy crazy and end up with 40 stuffed animals to lol. anyway the actual point Is Im not really sure if this list Is good or not. Im trying not to buy into the baby hype and add a million things that Ill either never use or wont actually need until they are like 3 or 4. I can buy those things along the way I don't really have room for it right now. but at the same time Iv never done this so I dont really know which stuff is baby hype and which stuff is your life will be miserable if you dont have this.

So If you dont mind takeing the time to look over it super quick and just give me an Idea maby if Im missing something super important or have something thats really just a waste of space that would be awesome. I know its still super early for this but it is the One thing thats kind of freaking me out. I know even once I decide on every type of thing I need to buy it will be another 3 months of which brand I need to buy And I don't want to end up with an infant in 1 Arm running through walmart because Im missing half the stuff I need.

June 1st, 2012, 01:16 PM
BlndGrl8's Avatar Kaitlin & Cameron's Mommy
You're off to a great start!
I would start off by getting travel size lotion, bath wash, shampoo, powder, just to make sure your baby doesn't have a reaction to it. I never used powder. I would register for diaper cream too (big size) I love Burt's Bees!
Newborn sizes are great, but they only go up to 8 lbs, so make sure to get 0-3 months and other sizes too because baby will outgrow things before you know it and it's nice to have a closet stocked so you aren't rushing out to the store for new outfits.
I would get a ton more receiving blankets. We went through so many per day because Kaitlin would spit up on them. Also, terricloth burp cloths aren't that absorbent. Spit up will go right through them The flannel ones are really nice and get a lot of them!
We have the infant to toddler rocker and I don't like it at all. I would recommend a bouncy seat instead.
Also, get waterproof pad liners to go on top of the mattress pad, so if your baby spits up, you can take off the sheet and waterproof pad liner without having to wash the mattress pad too.
Get a changing pad cover and a changing table.
Baby swings are awesome!
We have a pack-n-play that has a bassinet on top, so we got plenty of use out of that.
Once you find out what you are having (if you are finding out) you may want to get different colors for the smaller things. We stayed gender neutral for the swing, pack-n-play, stroller, and play mat so we wouldn't have to buy all new big things if our 2nd is a boy. I'm so glad we did that!!
Register for hooded towels and washcloths, a lot!!
Sleep and plays are great for baby to wear during the day and sleep in when they are little.
Instead of the sling carrier, I would recommend a Moby Wrap. I wish I had this for my first and I just received it as a gift. I'm so excited to use it with this baby!! Moby Wrap Inc.
I hope these suggestions helped you a bit! Baby shopping is so much fun!!!
Ame C likes this.
June 1st, 2012, 01:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I ditto everything Kristin said except my ds loved his rocker and my niece loved it so much when she visited my sister stole it from me Ds hated his bouncer

June 1st, 2012, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam914 View Post
I ditto everything Kristin said except my ds loved his rocker and my niece loved it so much when she visited my sister stole it from me Ds hated his bouncer
Lol I should have said that I didn't like the rocker when she was a baby. If I put it in the stationary position, it reclines back waaaaay too far. She likes it now that she's a toddler
June 1st, 2012, 02:11 PM
Celiac Disease
I agree ...Definitely would take the Johnson's lotion, shampoo, etc.. off... Charlie had a huge reaction to it, first time we used it.. We use Aveeno..its for sensitive skin...

Also Charlie had a reaction to Pampers.. Huggies is the only brand he can wear without breaking out..

NTNP and TTC #3. Hoping for a BFP August 2014 (hoping for april/may baby)
June 1st, 2012, 07:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think your doing good. I would suggest getting several different brands of diapers, wipes and bathing things. These are all trial and error things that no one can tell you which ones will work for you.

My only other suggestion is to look into a better breast pump if you plan on doing any real pumping. I only say this because I had that exact one, only it was a double, with DS. I completely broke after 3mo. And when I say broke I mean unfixable corroded insides. It was awful and I didn't have the money for a new one so I had to stop pumping. Which meant that I was at work all day with no release and I ended up drying up only a few weeks later. I really wanted to nurse for a year at least, but without being able to pump at work it just didn't work out for me.

June 2nd, 2012, 07:33 AM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Alright so I made most all the changes and put little notes for myself about trying different brands of the baby care stuff but the Pump comment got me thinking that ones kind of hard to just try a whole bunch of them lol. Do any of you know an actually good review site like with Profesional reviews of things like they have for games or movies rather then just amazon reviews? Becuse every product on amazon has reviews rangeing from it was broken out of the box to its the best thing ever and if you use anything else your retarded So I have no clue what im actually getting myself into.

June 2nd, 2012, 07:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I did not personally pump but have always heard great things about Medela

June 2nd, 2012, 12:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Everyone I know loves the medela brand. That's what I got for this time around. I haven't heard anything bad about it from my mommy friends, but they are on the more expensive side.

June 2nd, 2012, 01:08 PM
fancypants27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would not buy a pump right away - Most hospitals have the heavy duty ones and you can rent them for quite cheap.

June 2nd, 2012, 02:12 PM
Think4Yourself's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think your list is great! My only suggestion is if you are going to get the sling, I would definitely skip the infantino. The style of carrier where they are dangling down is not very good for their hips/spine because it puts all of their weight on those areas. The sling keeps them aligned really well when used correctly. I used a baby ktan when ds was a newborn and he loved it. It's a wrap style carrier. Wraps and slings are best for that age group
fancypants27 and Ame C like this.

June 2nd, 2012, 02:36 PM
I have an Ameda Purely Yours double pump and I loved it!!
June 3rd, 2012, 10:01 AM
fireflyluna13's Avatar Super Mommy
The Medela pump-in-style is the best pump ever! I couldn't live without mine. Got me thru 3yrs of everyday use and it still works and I'll be using it for this baby too! A little spendy, but durable and medical-grade pump, worth every penny.
~Selena, mom to 3 boys: Alex 10, William 8. and Baby boy #3 Lukas Araya born 10/28/2012

Lukas was born with moderate to severe metopic craniosynostosis with trigonocephaly. Corrective surgery performed March 18, 2013. We are on the other side!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search