Shocking News!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree22Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 1st, 2012, 12:47 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
Apparently my first OB was an idiot..........
How could this happen?!?!!!

I was scheduled to get my first u/s today, with a new much nicer female OB (my last one didn't seem like he really cared much about his patients. It was more of an In and Out kind of establishment). My sweet new Dr. asked me questions and felt for my uterus. Well it turns out I am further along than I was told before. Instead of being 15 weeks I am actually 19 and a half weeks!!! No wonder I have been feeling baby movement sooo early!! Babies HB is 155 by the way

Unfortunately now I have to wait a little longer for my FIRST U/S!!!! *cries!!* My Dr. said to get the anatomy scan and age confirmation I will have to schedule that u/s with the hospital. The soonest they can see me if there are no cancellations is June 6th. I will FINALLY get to SEE my baby!!

I must admit I am sooo happy I will get to see my angel by the 6th, AND get the gender that day as well!!! But...... I am heartbroken at the same time. This is my first pregnancy and I wanted to enjoy every moment to the fullest, which I have been and will continue doing so... but.... I feel like I lost a WHOLE MONTH of my pregnancy. WHERE DID IT GO???
AND my due date has been moved to Oct 21 I know it's silly but I want to stay here! I don't plan on moving DDC's. I like you ladies too much to just leave, you are all so kind and caring.

So I have no pictures of baby yet, apparently from what my new Dr. can tell it's not twins and now I'm an Oct mommy in a November mommy world I can't wait until the 6th though, Hurry up already!!
June 1st, 2012, 12:51 PM
Hopolka's Avatar Wife, Mom of 1, Expecting
Two things. 1) YAY you got the ultrasound moved and its next week!!! 2) Thats mind boggling that your are so much farther along but also exciting because you could find out the sex at your first u/s!!! Woohoo. KUP
Ame C likes this.
June 1st, 2012, 12:52 PM
rachkel's Avatar Super Mommy
Oct 21st is a GREAT day! Its my anniversary And yes... stay with us! I can't believe they didn't give you an u/s since you were already scheduled for one! Thats crazy. Just enjoy all the time left in your pregnancy now Make the most of it!
Ame C likes this.

Visit my blog! Lots of health and fitness insights... including pregnancy!

www.HealthFitnessLove.wordpress.com

June 1st, 2012, 12:54 PM
BlndGrl8's Avatar Kaitlin & Cameron's Mommy
That's great you have an ultrasound so soon!! It's so crazy your last OB was off by 4.5 weeks!! Do you think they calculated wrong, or do you think you were off on your last menstrual date?
Ame C likes this.
June 1st, 2012, 12:54 PM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
wow that is crazy but exciting At least you get to see your little 1 very soon thats something to look forward to.
Ame C likes this.

June 1st, 2012, 12:57 PM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
Aside from feeling your uterus from the outside, what reason did he give you for moving your due date so far ahead? I don't remember your situation, did you have irregular periods or something? Just don't see how it could be so off. Would have been nice if he would have done the ultrasound for you anyways just to confirm that you really are that far along. I'm still wondering if there aren't 2 in there! And you better not leave us now!!!

June 1st, 2012, 01:01 PM
Formerly "firstmommytobe"
WOW!! Talk about a shocker!! Congrats! I agree with Amber though, what makes him think that you are that much further along? Being off by that much is quite a bit! What an idiot dr you had before! ugh. Needless to say yay you get to see baby less than a week!
Ame C likes this.

June 1st, 2012, 01:09 PM
BlndGrl and Leanne - The OB was wrong on the date that he asked me for. He was going off of the date of my missed period, not the date of my last period like my new OB says it should be calculated from. Being that these are all first time experiences for me I didn't know any better.

Leanne - Everyone down here is still rooting for twins

I'm just in shock, lol.. happy shock!
Although I do wish I still got my first u/s today anyways and don't completely understand why I am having to wait... other than needing to use the machine at the hospital for the anatomy scan. Oh well... lol yay!!!
June 1st, 2012, 01:10 PM
Veteran
Wow! Thats crazy. How can she tell by feeling if there isnt two?
Ame C likes this.

June 1st, 2012, 01:12 PM
BabyLove23's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow!!! What a surprise!!!!
Ame C likes this.

Thank you peimum for my siggie!!!
June 1st, 2012, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaTennesseeGirl View Post
Wow! Thats crazy. How can she tell by feeling if there isnt two?
She said my uterus would be higher up and it's right at my belly button now. She also thinks I would be bigger around with 2. Basically everything is looking normal (without an u/s!!) for 1 baby at 19 and a half weeks.
June 1st, 2012, 01:18 PM
canarycream's Avatar Experienced
Wow, you have been on a roller coaster lately. Can't wait to hear about upcoming ultrasound. I sure hope you don't leave us.
Ame C likes this.
June 1st, 2012, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canarycream View Post
Wow, you have been on a roller coaster lately. Can't wait to hear about upcoming ultrasound. I sure hope you don't leave us.

I'm hanging in there for the ride and I don't plan on going anywhere! Plus I wouldn't be surprised if baby stays put until Nov 1st or 2nd.. we were both Nov DDC fans
June 1st, 2012, 01:25 PM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
Wow, Ame that's insane!!! Yeah, you would definitely be much further along then if that is how the original OB came up with the date.
~Tanya~, BlndGrl8 and Ame C like this.

June 1st, 2012, 01:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
What an idiot your previous doctor was! They are always supposed to ask the first day of your LMP, not the first day of your missed one SMH!

In any case, I'm so excited for you!!! I wish I could skip a month! I can't wait to hear what you are having & definitely think you need to stay here with us
Ame C likes this.

Thank you Katie (.:Shortcake:.) for my beautiful siggy!!

June 1st, 2012, 02:17 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, we can't accuse you of false advertising!!! You certainly did tell us shocking news! Your old doctor is an idiot if that's how he is calculating EDD. Does he then think that all babies are born at 36 weeks? Isn't he surprised that a lot of moms are delivering early if they are his patients?
tinx and Ame C like this.

June 1st, 2012, 02:23 PM
Belita I was wondering the same thing about the "other mothers!"
Was I just a mistake he made due to fatigue or whatever.. or does he tell everyone the wrong date?! Should I call his office and say something to them about it or just blow it off as "Ehhh well at least he's not my Dr. anymore." ?
June 1st, 2012, 02:28 PM
Think4Yourself's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh man, that is insane!! Definitely stay here, you are stuck with us now!! Plus, you have been my belly pic motivator with your comments, and I need that lol! I would definitely say something to the doctor, at least a phone call or something. What if there's other ladies out there that are thinking the same thing... crazy!!

Oh and post a belly pic, lady!!
Ame C likes this.

June 1st, 2012, 02:34 PM
Super Mommy
That is insane that he was off by a month. I would call his office after the ultrasound once you know for sure. Or is he is on rate your MD write comments on that.
kristap4 and Ame C like this.
June 1st, 2012, 03:14 PM
Alaska Baby14's Avatar Gonna be a family of 4!
thats a pretty big mistake.. considering a lot of testing and stuff is done based off how many weeks you are!! Hopefully you're not going to miss out on any tests you may have wanted done!!! But at least you found a better doctor!

<3

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search